Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

hi right, i seen on a autism video these "odinary" headphones, i realy realy like how they look! ....one problem... ive spent weeks searching the internet trying to find them!! !! !! !! !!
there is a autistic boy that wears them in videos (jamie) , and i screenshoted in the videos where you can see the headphones most clearley, i went trough every video and they were the best pictures i could get, could you help me by telling me the brand name, what the make is, how i can find some, if you have a better picture than the one i posted please post your picture of these headphones ! ! i am mostly interested in the red looking headphones

cant get the images to show up!! !! !! !! !! !! !!

here is a link to the flikr picture which is the picture im on about ... www.flickr.com/photos/77609167@N03/6807196358/in/photostream

i asked the person who uploaded the videos where they got them from and all i got told was "that you can buy them at big 5 sporting goods or sports authority" i can only acces those by websites, because they are USA places. i searched all over the websites for hours and i cant find any headphones like in picture .

Last edited by nintendofan on 04 Mar 2012, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2012, 4:53 pm

***** quick note, the red headphones eappear to be music headphones (notice the (ipod? ) on the top of the headphones ) , the grey headphones appear to be just noise reduction earmuffs, i am not as interested in the grey ones as i am the red ones

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 5:51 pm

The nearest I can come up with for you..........

http://www.upstartblogger.com/how-to-im ... nd-quality

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 5:52 pm

You would do much better to post a link to the video itself. The images are badly cropped and very poor quality. I can't tell what they even look like from them.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 5:58 pm

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ ... erralID=NA

Seems to me they might be skullcandies. If so, I think they're a bit overrated, there's lots more stuff on the market that's better. But, they are all the rage amongst all the cool kids. So yeah, just look up red skullcandies, I guess.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Mar 2012, 5:58 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Computers, Math, Science, and Technology]
...in the hope that an audio enthusiast will be able to ID them.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Mar 2012, 6:02 pm

Is it possible to post the original video's source, nintendofan?
Those images are very difficult to see.

DJRAVEN66
Raven
Raven

04 Mar 2012, 8:34 pm

They are store brand from big 5 sporting goods and they are not music headphones just noise reduction earmuffs for shooting guns. If you want to still be able to listen to music with them on just wear a pair of earbud headphones under them.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 2:20 am

The green/grey ones look like my pair of Howard Leight electronic ear muffs - I use them at the shooting range all the time.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/ ... t104381280

They have a mic built-in to one side, so while you have them on you can hear what's going on around you - they also have an 3.5mm aux-in for music, but the drivers in them aren't all that fantastic for music.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 2:22 am

DJRAVEN66 wrote:
They are store brand from big 5 sporting goods and they are not music headphones just noise reduction earmuffs for shooting guns. If you want to still be able to listen to music with them on just wear a pair of earbud headphones under them.

Also, please don't do this - that's a very good way to damage your hearing

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2012, 11:02 am

DJRAVEN66 wrote:

But the red ones have a ipod attached? Do you have a picture beter than mine? Can you tell me alitle more detial about the brand so I can find a pair? Thanks

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2012, 11:49 am

MrXxx wrote:
You would do much better to post a link to the video itself. The images are badly cropped and very poor quality. I can't tell what they even look like from them.

here is a video i found where you can see them - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8Y0wM- ... re=related

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2012, 11:49 am

Cornflake wrote:
Is it possible to post the original video's source, nintendofan?
Those images are very difficult to see.

here is a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8Y0wM- ... re=related

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2012, 4:51 pm

The videos make them look like plain old ear protection such as that used at shooting ranges here in the US. It's quite possible there was an iphone attached to the head band of such headgear, but that doesn't mean the headgear included headphones. There are a number of options for red over-the-head earphones that are noise canceling, but you'd have better luck on a site like best buy than a sporting goods store. Yes, it's possible to buy headphones that plug into a music playing device at a sporting goods store, but usually people don't go to a sporting goods store for music headphones. I'd bet that if they were music playing, the video people you messaged would've said something about how they bought the headgear at a sporting goods store but that they'd probably be available at other electronic retailers (or somesuch). (It's almost a context clue. Like if I read in a book about a character getting showered, realizing he's out of deodorant, and driving to the store then put the book down I can probably assume that when I pick it back up that he'll go into the store and not just decide to turn around and go home without getting out of the car.)