Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm

Has anybody seen this dystopian South Korean film? What caught my eye about this film was that it takes place on a giant train! 8)

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2014, 7:28 am

Yes, I saw this film about 8 months ago and I absolutely loved it. Great metaphor on the human species and one major critic on society and inequalities and injustices between the poor and the rich, and how far the rich will go to keep their little privileges. And I love how the film starts small in scale and then gets huge.
If you are interested and wish to know more and get more scenes and sequences then I strongly recommend that you read the French graphic novel "Le Transperceneige" (translated into Snowpiercer worldwide and into many languages) that was written and drawn a few years before the Koreans decided to adapt it into a film. Here in France it's a classic, ok, doesn't means much in France because sadly comic books and graphic novels are seen has low art or has trash by the intelligentsia, but it's cult among people who don't care what the rest of the society thinks.

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Dec 2014, 5:47 pm

I saw it. There's part of me that really liked the film and another part of me that hated it.

The reasons I like it are similar to those that Spiros D listed.

What I didn't like was that it ultimately ended with almost everyone dying. It made everything that had happened up to that point and everything the main characters had sacrificed to save the people he was trying to help seem pointless.