Page 37 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 93  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 11:07 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Finished watching Cardcaptor Sakura series, since I felt pretty nostalgic watching those series.

Have you seen Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha? I ask because Cardcaptors was a series I enjoyed when I was younger, and Nanoha kind of has some similar nostalgic like magical girl feeling, but kind of evolves it past being something just for kids but also something older audiences can enjoy, like giant lasers and lightning scythes.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 11:47 pm

LittlePenguin22 wrote:
I'm a huge anime fan! Currently, I keep watching Psycho-Pass and Steins;Gate over and over and over and over again. And Black Lagoon.

GRAR NEED PSYCHO-PASS MOVIE

Although I could do with a bit less of the bonkers ultraviolence I appreciate Funimation's ever-present respect for Ghost In The Shell. Sidonia no Kishii is also great...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 9:19 am

One of the dreaded times of the year, having to watch so many anime end. Today alone I bid farewell to Garo, Death Parade, Unlimited Fafnir, Isuca, and Shirobako. The week has also had Tokyo Ghoul, Boring Girlfriend, Sister Testament, Parasyte, Kantai Collection, Yona of the Dawn, Earth Defence club, and Absolute Duo.

Looking back on the season of these shows, I would say Boring Girlfriend, Yona of the Dawn and Shirobako have been my favourites. Quite sad to see some of these end, but still a good ending completes a series, although I would like some new seasons. With still more shows to end like Cross Ange, The Seven Deadly Sins, Log Horizon 2, Maria the Virgin Witch, World Break, Yatterman Nights, and Rolling Girls. There are next season's new shows I can look forward to.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 9:27 am

Does ecchi count?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 10:55 pm

I just decided to look up the lead voice actress in my favorite show on ANN, and see what other roles she's had. Turns out that Kana ASUMI, the voice of Yuno in Hidamari Sketch, also played my favorite character from Amagami SS and many other characters I liked from various shows. Now I'm wondering how much influence that had on my enjoyment of the shows, or whether the production staff on those shows just has similar taste to me.

I'm curious whether anyone else has explored this phenomenon.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 6:27 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I'm curious whether anyone else has explored this phenomenon.

Kana Asumi is indeed a good voice actress in her characters almost always having a certain energy.

To think of a voice actress who I later learned may have been someone who was a part of shows I liked was Miyuki Sawashiro.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 8:35 pm

Shiro Bako ended on a really high note, but in a totally believable way. Great show!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 11:40 pm

Wow there has been a lot of anime this season, I think that my count is around 26 new series and seasons.

At this time my personal favourite is Show By Rock, which has some really nice chibi CG scenes where the characters go into CG versions that are reminiscent of Hello Kitty or Animal Crossing, or something.

Other great shows are Plastic Memories which is set to be this season's funny and sad anime, about androids with short lifespans. Hibike Euphonium has possibly the best production as done by Kyoto animation and about an orchestra band, with an ear for detail. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? seems to be of okay standards that is better than its kind of name would imply with a RPG like setting with the guy being saved and falling in love. Mikagura School Suite was also crazy fun, with some yuri themes with the lead girl drooling over girls.

In terms of a spinoff, for the fans of Hauhi Suzumiya we have Nagato Yuki-chan, for fans of the movie.

Returning shows that seem strong include My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, which is again going strong. Knights of Sidonia is back and stronger than ever, out creepy itself in the first episode with everything that made it good seems back. And we also have Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vivid for Nanoha fans like myself.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 9:25 pm

I didn't know My Teen Rom-Com SNAFU had gotten another run, so that makes me happy. Is Nagato Yuki-chan different from the series of shorts already released? They were pretty funny, but I still have a few unwatched episodes on DVD.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 10:44 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Is Nagato Yuki-chan different from the series of shorts already released? They were pretty funny, but I still have a few unwatched episodes on DVD.

It is not actually like the Suzumiya Haruhi-chan shorts, I am pretty sure the full title is The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, it follows as spinoff to the really good movie where we see a world where Nagato is a normal girl. It does have Yuki and Ryoko being friends and Yuki likes games so there are somewhat similarities. It is overall a lighter fare (romantic comedy) with the same characters, minus supernatural events.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm

I'll keep a lookout for it. I don't see anywhere I can watch it, atm.

We're not getting a lot of stuff that I want over here in the US, and it's ticking me off. There's been no announcement about the fourth season of Hidamari Sketch on Blu-Ray, due out over a year ago, and no announcement at all about the 2 episode OVA that followed it. Dog Days has a third season, but I can't find a legit source for it anywhere.

I've checked out some of the new shows this season, and caught up with some of my backlog of older stuff I still want to watch.

Sound Euphonium looks pretty good, although I haven't watched many episodes yet. I'll let a few become available, and then check them out all at once.

Nisekoi and My Teenage Rom-Com SNAFU have both started off their new seasons with a lot to enjoy.

I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying has been consistently good for a laugh.

Listen to Me, Girls. I'm Your Father went in a lot of different directions, but overall I liked it.

Denki-Gai has been the funniest anime I've seen in some time.

I'm up to The Taming of Nine-Tails in Naruto Shippuden. I enjoy the show a lot more since I started skipping all the filler arcs. I needed an action anime in my lineup, and I'm glad I gave it another shot.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 9:21 pm

I like some anime here and there. Currently I am still working on season one of Fairy Tale, and yes I like the flying/talking blue cat. In the past I've watched Dragon Ball Z(the original with english dubbing, not the new re-dubbed version that leaves parts out that's been out in the past couple years) but what was on cartoon network between the late 90's and early 00's. Also I recall enjoying Inuyasha and one with some vampire character, can't remember the name of it and there was another one I saw some of with some girl who helped people sell their soul essentially for a cause they saw fit...such as revenge or things like that it was kind of intriguing.

As a rule I don't typically prefer the english dubbing, I prefer japanese with english subtitles....though I did not find Dragon Ball Z bothersome in english, but it seems like the did a better job than with some others I've seen like Naruto.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 11:25 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Listen to Me, Girls. I'm Your Father went in a lot of different directions, but overall I liked it.

Was wondering if you had seen the OVAs? The first was three short stories some time after the series finished, while the second finished the series and was placed about 4 years after the point the show finished, has been kind of controversial.

Also I might add another show that has become a favorite this season, Etotama. It appears to be a standard moe girl show with one guy, but it is actually much smarter than it looks, which I would describe it as similar to Sabagebu. The show is very self aware, with a female lead that is far from what one should be like similar to Momoka. It has decent action, is funny, and rather than let itself be steered by its genre conventions I would describe it that it does what it wants.

It probably is not for everyone, but it just ticks a huge amount of boxes of what I like.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 9:26 am

It looks like I have another to add to my list of things we aren't getting. No PapaKiki OVA available, as far as I can see. I'll check out Etotama, though.

Lazershow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Apr 2015, 1:27 pm

Anyone else really enjoying the second season of my teen romantic comedy snafu. So far it is really blowing the first season out of the water in terms of story and animation.

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2015, 10:35 am

Remember when I said that I used to like anime? I love anime, and still do! My new favorite anime is His and Her Circumstances! I'll be watching more anime, since my brother is a big anime fan.