Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 11:13 am

Maurice Moss from IT crowd.

socalaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2012, 4:54 am

Best by far is Dr. Brennan. Sheldon Cooper is a total and absolute douchebag (sadly a lot of Aspies are like him, but that doesn't mean he should be any kind of a role model).

I know it's not extremely clear if he's supposed to be one or not, but Dr. House is kind of cool.

socalaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2012, 4:56 am

OddDuckNash99 wrote:
I think Max on Parenthood is a terrible depiction. As the show has progressed, he has become a very selfish, rude person, none of which is due to AS, in my opinion. I think that his parents babying him so much for having AS has morphed the character into somebody who feels entitled to everything they want out of life. And if they do something wrong, they blame it on having AS. Those parents don't teach Max any manners or respect whatsoever, and I feel that it's just making more people think that those with AS are selfish and mean-spirited like that. My mom's a diehard fan of the show (I watch it solely for Max scenes- and fast-forward through the rest :lol:), and she can't stand Max, either. She rarely sees any connection with my behaviors/AS.

Oh, and there's no way Max would win middle school class president, let alone receive a standing ovation during a speech where he reveals he has AS. :roll: :roll: :roll:

He is exactly how most Aspies that get diagnosed early in life turn out nowadays...

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 1:27 pm

socalaspie wrote:
OddDuckNash99 wrote:
I think Max on Parenthood is a terrible depiction. As the show has progressed, he has become a very selfish, rude person, none of which is due to AS, in my opinion. I think that his parents babying him so much for having AS has morphed the character into somebody who feels entitled to everything they want out of life. And if they do something wrong, they blame it on having AS. Those parents don't teach Max any manners or respect whatsoever, and I feel that it's just making more people think that those with AS are selfish and mean-spirited like that. My mom's a diehard fan of the show (I watch it solely for Max scenes- and fast-forward through the rest :lol:), and she can't stand Max, either. She rarely sees any connection with my behaviors/AS.

Oh, and there's no way Max would win middle school class president, let alone receive a standing ovation during a speech where he reveals he has AS. :roll: :roll: :roll:

He is exactly how most Aspies that get diagnosed early in life turn out nowadays...

I also think Reality Tv has a very negative effect on anyone.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html