Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 8:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
MannyBoo wrote:
[1975ー1980]
Future Cop, Time, Express, Fantastic Journey, Invisible Man, Gemini Man, Man from Atlantis, Project UFO, Beyond Westworld, Tales of the Unexpected, Spiderman, Logan's Run, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZerhRy8lc[/youtube]

I almost forgot how many of those shows I used to watch as a kid. I somehow remembered them as being kinda better. :?
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

At least you could watch it new and live at that time.. I can only try to find it now, on DVD, or online.. IF it can be found at all. :lol:

Watching it as a kid is the best time to watch it. Kids are usually more imaginative and have adventurous mentalities, compared to adults.. So the show feels more wonderful. :D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 8:15 pm

MannyBoo wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
MannyBoo wrote:
[1975ー1980]
Future Cop, Time, Express, Fantastic Journey, Invisible Man, Gemini Man, Man from Atlantis, Project UFO, Beyond Westworld, Tales of the Unexpected, Spiderman, Logan's Run, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZerhRy8lc[/youtube]

I almost forgot how many of those shows I used to watch as a kid. I somehow remembered them as being kinda better. :?

At least you could watch it new and live at that time.. I can only try to find it now, on DVD, or online.. IF it can be found at all. :lol:

Watching it as a kid is the best time to watch it. Kids are usually more imaginative and have adventurous mentalities, compared to adults.. So the show feels more wonderful. :D

Yes, yes indeed; experience from childhood was magical - at least in retrospect.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 11:13 pm

"Fan Remakes" of 60's/70's science fiction shows ... oh well its better than nothing, looks good. :D

STAR TREK: PHASE II, "Kitumba"
Guest Starring: Gil Gerard (Buck Rogers) as Admiral Sheehan
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H1ueG-6hcU[/youtube]"Kitumba" is originally a two-part story draft for the Star Trek: Phase II TV series in 1977, it was rewritten into a one-part episode for this production. A good deal of the episode takes place on the Klingon homeworld.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 1:06 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofoK_QQxGc[/youtube]

Always loved this series as a kid and in some ways wanted bionic parts so I could do some things with less effort you could say..

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 3:37 pm

ProfessorX wrote:

Always loved this series as a kid and in some ways wanted bionic parts so I could do some things with less effort you could say..

That was maybe my favorite show as a kid.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:38 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ProfessorX wrote:

That was maybe my favorite show as a kid.

I think Steve Austin, Jamie Sommers, and Max can be a Bionic family. I like Max. :D

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 12:40 pm

I remember max(the bionic dog).. the whole bionic series was great though, I thought the episode where Steve & Jaime faced off against bigfoot in 2 different encounters which, I found to be a tadbit odd, still a great series neverless..

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 3:56 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
I remember max(the bionic dog).. the whole bionic series was great though, I thought the episode where Steve & Jaime faced off against bigfoot in 2 different encounters which, I found to be a tadbit odd, still a great series neverless..

I LOVED the Bigfoot! Back in the seventies, there was a general Bigfoot kick (which I admit, I had been sucked into), and so I watched those episodes with him religiously.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 1:13 am

Not a big space junkie, although moreso now than when I was a kid. Here are some that grabbed my attention --

Twilight Zone -- a given
Lost in Space -- Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! Kinda corny at times, but that was part of the entertainment value
Wild Wild West -- great show and lots of fun. Never thought of this as sci-fi, but after seeing it mentioned in this thread and looking back, it definitely was
Alien Nation -- based on the movie of the same name, but MUCH better
Babylon 5 -- this one held my attention better than the Star Trek sequels did. Didn't get to keep up with it like I wanted to -- stupid local channel where it was broadcast kept bouncing it around the schedule.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Dr. Who!

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 12:37 pm

Webalina, I recall Lost in Space with Doctor Zachary Smith whom was always up to some sort of chicanery..

Oh, in terms of science fiction programs, may I add The Incredible Hulk. Yes, I realize most of the stories dealt with crooks & fiends but, there was some episodes which involved scientific persons and so forth..

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 1:32 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
Webalina, I recall Lost in Space with Doctor Zachary Smith whom was always up to some sort of chicanery..

Oh, in terms of science fiction programs, may I add The Incredible Hulk. Yes, I realize most of the stories dealt with crooks & fiends but, there was some episodes which involved scientific persons and so forth..
]

It's funny how today, many feel Dr. Smith comes across as a mincing pedophile.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 1:15 pm

Kraichgauer, I find it absurd for Doctor Smith was simply a sneaky person but, times and society have changed a great deal therefore, what could be seen as harmless back then has taken on malevolent nature one could say..

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
Kraichgauer, I find it absurd for Doctor Smith was simply a sneaky person but, times and society have changed a great deal therefore, what could be seen as harmless back then has taken on malevolent nature one could say..

Your absolutely right.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 6:19 am

I liked Star Trek,The Incredible Hulk,The Six Million Dollar Man,The Bionic Woman,Lost In Space,Buck Rogers.They all had a moral tale to be told amid the fantasies.
One of the smaller shows that rarely gets mentioned but is one of my favourites is Land Of The Giants. The special effects were great considering the props were all built by hand in the days before CGI.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 8:21 am

Land of the Lost

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 10:04 am

Well, I recall watching both Land of the Giants and Land of the Lost- esp the pylons..