OMG! Doctor Who fans, please read this!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 1:57 pm

David Tennant And Billie Piper Confirmed For 50th Anniversary Special 30 March 2013

141 The BBC has officially confirmed that David Tennant and Billie Piper will return for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special.

Filming on the show, which will also star John Hurt (Labyrinth, Merlin, 1984), will start next week.

Tennant's successor, Matt Smith - also in the special with his new assistant played by Jenna-Louise Coleman - says fans "will not be disappointed" by the 3D show, due to air on 23rd November.

Tennant and Piper have long been rumoured to be making a return for the special, which is being written by the show's executive producer and lead writer Steven Moffat.

In January, Billie Piper, appearing on the Graham Norton Show, denied she would be appearing.

"I wasn't asked, no, I think Matt Smith may have said, in passing or in jest, it would be nice. I think maybe he said that and then it became something quite different, but no."

Matt Smith has said the show "manages to pay homage to everything - and look forward. I read it and I clapped at the end. I think it's hilarious, it's epic and it's vast."

Steven Moffat, meanwhile, has said he took special care to protect the secrets of the story.

"One length I've gone to which is a really good security measure - I make sure I don't get a script, because I will lose it, I forbid people to hand me one. It's on my computer under lock and key."

Other casting confirmations this week include Ken Bones as The General, Orlando James as Lord Bentham and Marshall Griffin in an, as yet, untitled role.

ProudWithAspergers
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2013, 3:03 pm

Heard about this earlier. I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY

Last edited by ProudWithAspergers on 30 Mar 2013, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Mar 2013, 3:09 pm

Erm... spoilers?

Fortunately I knew anyway.

I'm very disappointed to see Rose return, she should just have been left in the parallel world. Would rather 10 appeared with Martha, who was a better character and not sealed away forever.

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 4:21 pm

I love Dr Who for many reasons and the Dr/companions relationship is always interesting.

But Rose and 10 are the only combination where I have been mesmerised by the love story. Its a spiritual thing that doesn't happen with the others (even if there is huge love, its ordinary love)

Rose isn't even a favourite character, but Im totally moved by her love for him, its an awful lot bigger than others. So, I'm pleased.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 6:33 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

I'm very disappointed to see Rose return, she should just have been left in the parallel world. Would rather 10 appeared with Martha, who was a better character and not sealed away forever.

I agree entirely

Sorry all about not setting up a spoiler alert, I was just too excited to think.

kaz2y5
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Apr 2013, 11:45 am

I really don't mind spoilers especially if I going to get great news.

Rose was one of my favorite companion and the one the got me stuck on Doctor Who along with Doctor 9. I kind wish the Doctor 9 meet his 11th regeneration, I will literally paid to see those two together on an episode.

lotrjw
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2013, 4:24 am

oh so bringing back old characters thats kinda exciting I wonder how things will turn out?
I suppose they were only able to do this because of the arm thing where another version of that doctor appeared.
A unique opportunity that I suppose they didnt want to pass off using, having one doctor meet another version of himself!

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 1:07 pm

Spoiler Alert!

Just read that Kate Lethbridge-Stewart (The Brigader's daughter) will be returning for the 50th special as well. Cool! :)

SpeakerToAnimals
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2013, 5:25 am

I'm hoping Tennant is the 'human Doctor' rather than the Tenth Doctor as that would explain why he's still with Rose.