Aussies Unite - A forum for any Aussie Aspies

Page 32 of 44 [ 703 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 44  Next

JakeDay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Oct 2013, 6:12 pm

eucalyptus wrote:
Hi Jake
I don't live far from you, I'm also very recently diagnosed

Hi Eucalyptus,
Yeah, I'm staying in Preston until I can sort out the next chapter of my life. Last month's diagnosis changed everything for me.
I read your intro post, isn't it funny how one can make up all kinds of reasons for being different. I did that too, until my step-child was diagnosed.
What you were saying about relating to the aspie children more than your "normal" co-workers - so true.... My ex-partner and I had the same trouble - "What's so weird about that"... "Doesn't everybody?".... "Wouldn't you?" in response to questionnaires etc

eucalyptus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2013, 5:34 am

Hi Jake I yes I think it's in my family too, to some degree, and we are quite comfortable with ourselves and accepting of each other. We get involved in community issues and use our abilities to help other people.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 5:37 am

Hey recently-joined Melbournites :)
I'm moving back to Melbs in a few weeks, would be great to meet some more of you!

Feel free to participate in this meet-up thread which has gone a bit quiet recently: Melbourne, Australia: Monthly Meet-ups (18+)

eucalyptus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2013, 6:07 am

Hi Jake and others
I'm having difficulty sending out personal messages to people in Melbourne through WP but I am able to hit the reply button if someone messages me first. Yes I would like to attend the Melbourne monthly meet-ups. I have just ripped up the psychologist's assessment report as it was very patronising and full of stereotypes about aspies eg "writing is a very difficult task for a person with an ASD" and that I am only suitable for "single focus one-dimensional tasks" etc. This is ridiculous, sure I have a different profile of strengths and weaknesses than many people but I am very capable. I don't need an overpaid twit in Kew to tell me whether I can write or not. I worked out that I was an aspie from my own research and I don't want to change, my mind is more my own. My partner is a maths-science geek and he likes someone who can relate to what he's into and who understands and accepts his natural shyness. The people who matter to us like us and depend on us the way that we are, and they don't want us to change.

eucalyptus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2013, 7:01 am

I am helping to promote a petition in support of over 50 blind workers in Kensington Melbourne, Corparoo and NSW who are going to get sacked by Vision Australia. Many of these workers are unlikely to ever find alternative employment. This is the petition link. https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ ... ers-jobs-2

JakeDay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2013, 7:03 am

signed

AWD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2013, 12:56 am

Sydney, outer west/southish.

eucalyptus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2013, 3:43 am

Hello and nice to meet online

kat8615
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2014, 9:50 am

I'm here in Perth!

eucalyptus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2014, 10:56 pm

kat8615 wrote:
I'm here in Perth!

Hi from melbourne, (I'm having difficulty replying via the forum)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 11:40 pm

Hi from Auckland across the ditch!

ABs are beating the Lions so far in the current test series. Go the ABs!! !

However they can't rest on their laurels as the games have been very close so far. But we can't let those poms win :roll: Whole country would go into mourning for a month. Maybe two months. Like when Australia wins the Bledisloe cup...

I used to live in Sydney, and I have a bucket list desire to sail right around Australia in a cruise ship, stopping at every port. Hope I get to do it.

kat8615
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2014, 2:40 pm

Quote:
Hi from melbourne, (I'm having difficulty replying via the forum)

Hello easterner, how are you finding Tony Abbot/ the FIFA World Cup/ your life/ daylight saving/ etc.

eucalyptus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2014, 8:28 pm

Hi
Sorry to have such a narrow range of interests as to not follow sport, mainly because I've never been able to do sports. Tony Abbott is very harsh and anti-worker, I am on the Left politically. Daylight saving is over and it is very cold. Life is busy, I'm self employed and we all have the flu. How about you?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 11:34 pm

I have the flu too! Over the worst of it now.

eucalyptus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2014, 12:25 am

'm going to ignore the symptoms and struggle back to work tomorrow

kat8615
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jun 2014, 7:52 am

eucalyptus wrote:
'm going to ignore the symptoms and struggle back to work tomorrow

Hope everything went okay at work.
Yea, I'm with you on most of what you said. Just mentioned sport 'coz everyone at school's talking about it. Personally, I lean more towards Labor (or even Greens *gasp*). I'm in the West, so we've never had daylight saving. I've got a boring, run of the mill cold. Mode.

Anything good happening to you?