Page 23 of 23 [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

theviz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

namaste wrote:
theviz wrote:

If its of any consolation same thing kinda happened to me too.

I told my team and boss of my AS condition after a nasty outburst. The ignorant chubs at office started to think I was "Taare Zameen Par" and since I am articulate in my language; everyone either thinks I'm a despo/wacko or making a bad joke.

I've now made extra effort to make it seem as a bad joke (my soul is burning and my nose is bigger than Pinocchio) ... :evil:

I dont know what they think of me
But since they have been avoiding me from long
so might as well let them continue to think i am weird

you have good sense of humour though

Thks, the sense of humour is due to some good friends and family wit .... along with long list of AS inflicted incidents which now you can only laugh about :)

Everyone is weird (in a good or bad way) ... the only thing to keep in mind, is that in most workplaces, unfortunately you get rewarded based on team performance. So I may not be the easiest person to work with, but I ensure that I am not at the bottom of the pyramid ..... until I find a job/place where I fit in.

After all "Yeah, Hindustan hain mere Jaan" .... where the official motto is 'Kindly Adjust' :P

AngryDesiDoughboy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jan 2014, 9:17 pm

hello I am Nishanth. Not from India, per se, but my father is from India. Chennai. I have been to India and I love it, love it all the way, no matter what! I've been learning Tamil and some Hindi

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 3:08 am

Hi Nishanth! Is your username a backronym for ADD?
I see that you've posted in this thread before. I'm Gujju and I know Gujarati and Hindi well. I like languages, but I like scripts more. If I could make myself do it, I would learn Spanish, Korean and Tamil. The Korean script Hangul I know almost quite well (except for some vowels). I can read it very slowly, though it's no use because I don't know the language.

What are your other interests? Or some of the things that you like about India?

How do NTs do that?

AngryDesiDoughboy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2014, 2:50 pm

Hello Dhawal! It's funny that you mention the nickname, because..well, to be honest, around the same time that I was introduced to WP I was feeling bad about myself and there was a lot of chaos going on in my life, so I somehow decided because of that, the name was fitting as a kind of joke, I guess..Now, it seems kind of funny, and it's funny that you mentioned the ADD. As for interests, let's see...I have a lot of interests. Right now I am big into televisions shows such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It's an american tv show from the 1990's. I'm guessing you haven't heard of it although i could be wrong. In general I am interested strongly in science fiction/fantasy, all kinds of music, writing and different cultures, in particular the Indigenous cultures, such as the Native Americans. I also like learning about traditional cultures in general. I like to read, and I've started playing video games again. In truth I'm probably familiar with just about every kind of interest there is, including philosophy, and literature, and many different kinds of sciences including string theory.. with the heavier or higher subjects, (especially Reading and Writing) it's so easy to lose track of them and spend endless hours on the computer..sadly.

You should mention some things about yourself.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 4:05 am

That Buffy serial used to be there on Star World in the 90s! I never saw it, but they always showed the advertisement on other Star channels. I was like - a modern urban vampire slayer girl :roll: Americans are crazy. Looking back, it was nowhere near as crazy as it is now.

AngryDesiDoughboy wrote:
You should mention some things about yourself.

Haha my list is nowhere near as big as yours! I like some Sci-fi movies but I don't read fiction books. I like all kinds of music except rock, jazz, classical and hip-hop. I think I listen to more of Bollywood, classic soul, nu-jazz, classic country and (accessible) world music. I love maps - right now I'm into population density maps. I like democracy and people's movements, but left-right politics turns me off. If there is something about India that you're interested in (provided it's not heavy) I would love to discuss that!

How do NTs do that?

SriramV
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2016, 8:45 am

Hey Saurabh! I'm Sriram also from Namma Bengalooru. Nimge Kannada baruthaa?

AspiePB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Dec 2018, 4:59 am

Hello everyone!
I am also an Indian and would like to know if any of us are still present in here.