Page 1 of 23 [ 367 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Sabu
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2009, 2:17 am

I haven't seen any aspie from india here at WP yet (I am a new joiner :)), so I thought of starting this forum to get to know each other. I'll start by myself.

My name is Saurabh (aka Sabu).

Hope to see you here friends

:cheers:

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 4:41 am

I am also in Bangalore, India. I came here in order to do post doc in physics. I came three month ago.

Sabu

18 Sep 2009, 3:40 pm

Hi Roman...

Nice to hear from you :)

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2009, 8:30 am

Hi there!

I'm Minhaj from Hyderabad.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 8:36 am

Namaste! Hello not from India please
forgive me for this.

I like to learn Hindi language by sound files
"Paul Pimsleur" mp3 files or CD.

I like how languages sound and I like to
imitate the sounds to speak them.

I wish I could travel to India some day.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 7:24 am

Dhawal from Ahmedabad. Nice to hear from you :)

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 7:48 am

I created a post earlier that western aspies could not relate to much. Let's see if Indian aspies can relate to this ...

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1955611.html

Sabu

13 Jan 2010, 1:16 pm

Hi Minhaj, nice to hear from you :)

Namaste little tiger, nice to hear from you too :) . Its good you like learning new languages. Suggest you learn C language (forgive me I am a Geek :lol: ). On serious note, we here can surely help you learn hindi 8) .

Hello Dhaval, you know what, I have a very good friend whose name is also Dhaval. Nice to hear from you :)

First of all sorry for replying sooooooo late :oops: ... I was too preoccupied with work and then with my brothers marriage. But now all ended well... n I am back. Better and fitter than ever.

I seriously didn't thought I could find people from India here, with all the unawareness about aspergers/autism in India. Really if I tell some one about it, first they don't understand, second they laugh saying I am mad or something. God help us here 8O

But its nice to meet you all. We can keep in touch through this.

Bye tc

Last edited by Sabu on 13 Jan 2010, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabu

13 Jan 2010, 1:44 pm

Hey Dhaval, read your story man. I literally had tear in my eyes reading the first 2 paragraphs. This is exactly how an aspie feels in this world in his early days.

It reminded me of my old days, when I wasn't sure why no one took me seriously and people kept on discouraging me, laughing at me, kept on saying "tu ajeeb sa kyun hai, tujhe sabki tarah banna chahie" (why are you so strange, you should be like us). And I believed I was stupid or something and tried to copy them, in which obviously I was to fail :wall: . But one day I had enough I couldn't be like them cause I wasn't built that way and I finally revolted..... And it was never the same again. As is evident from my signature, which basically has two meanings :) . Now I really stand out from the crowd 8) .

Your stroy is awesome man, I strongly suggest you write the second half.

Theres a saying (modified by me :) ) and I think second half should highlight this:
"All that glitters is not gold, n all thats brittle is not coal"

My score 8/10. Would give 10/10, when you'll write the second half.

Bye for now, its too late in the night, gotta go to work tommorrow.

Swerve
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jan 2010, 6:48 pm

daer god, india :oops: do they have the internet there yet?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 10:21 am

Swerve wrote:

Apparently since most businesses have been outsourced there. Other than that it is probably available only to those of the upper caste....that is if there are still hindus around.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 5:42 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Swerve wrote:

Apparently since most businesses have been outsourced there. Other than that it is probably available only to those of the upper caste....that is if there are still hindus around.

Some people are going to die of shock if they visit India :)
All these impressions/opinions must be there because of the western media over-focusing on caste system in India. Hindus make up for 80% of India's population, and yet casteism exists only in rural areas (even there it's dying out). In cities it's not there anywhere, except in the minds of a very small number of people.

P.S. I am a lower caste Hindu, and I've been using the internet since 1998. Actually I belong to an untouchable caste LOL. Stop watching your local news documentaries ! !

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 9:08 am

Sabu wrote:
Hello Dhaval, you know what, I have a very good friend whose name is also Dhaval. Nice to hear from you :)

First of all sorry for replying sooooooo late :oops: ... I was too preoccupied with work and then with my brothers marriage. But now all ended well... n I am back. Better and fitter than ever.

I seriously didn't thought I could find people from India here, with all the unawareness about aspergers/autism in India. Really if I tell some one about it, first they don't understand, second they laugh saying I am mad or something. God help us here 8O

But its nice to meet you all. We can keep in touch through this.

Bye tc

Hi Sabu, totally agree with you on how people react when they hear about aspergers.

My younger sister and her husband live in Bangalore. I would love to meet you when I come over. If you can PM me your phone number it would be nice, I've got this 50 paise/min scheme so I can talk all over India :)

BTW how did your brother's marriage go? I find weddings extremely stressful, I hope you were able to enjoy!!

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 9:20 am

Sabu wrote:
Hey Dhaval, read your story man. I literally had tear in my eyes reading the first 2 paragraphs. This is exactly how an aspie feels in this world in his early days.

It reminded me of my old days, when I wasn't sure why no one took me seriously and people kept on discouraging me, laughing at me, kept on saying "tu ajeeb sa kyun hai, tujhe sabki tarah banna chahie" (why are you so strange, you should be like us). And I believed I was stupid or something and tried to copy them, in which obviously I was to fail :wall: . But one day I had enough I couldn't be like them cause I wasn't built that way and I finally revolted..... And it was never the same again. As is evident from my signature, which basically has two meanings :) . Now I really stand out from the crowd 8) .

Your stroy is awesome man, I strongly suggest you write the second half.

Theres a saying (modified by me :) ) and I think second half should highlight this:
"All that glitters is not gold, n all thats brittle is not coal"

My score 8/10. Would give 10/10, when you'll write the second half.

Bye for now, its too late in the night, gotta go to work tommorrow.

Thanks, I'll try to write the second half :)

Have you read a story called "The Country of the Blind" by H G Wells? I see a very strong allegory to our situation, though I'm sure it wasn't intended by Wells. You can read it here - http://www.online-literature.com/wellshg/3/

Are you a programmer? Do you face any challenges in the workplace? I once worked in a company where they played Radio Mirchi all day long. That was living hell for me.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 1:38 pm

Dhawal wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Swerve wrote:

Some people are going to die of shock if they visit India :)
All these impressions/opinions must be there because of the western media over-focusing on caste system in India. Hindus make up for 80% of India's population, and yet casteism exists only in rural areas (even there it's dying out). In cities it's not there anywhere, except in the minds of a very small number of people.

P.S. I am a lower caste Hindu, and I've been using the internet since 1998. Actually I belong to an untouchable caste LOL. Stop watching your local news documentaries ! !

That's good to know.

It's not just the western media however, I knew a guy from Mumbai who was always complaining about how horrid the caste systems over there were. I guess it depends on which region you're in....I'm assuming.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 5:39 am

MissConstrue wrote:
That's good to know.

It's not just the western media however, I knew a guy from Mumbai who was always complaining about how horrid the caste systems over there were. I guess it depends on which region you're in....I'm assuming.

Well, the caste system in cities like Mumbai is less horrid than the racism in western countries (This I've heard from Indians living there :) ).