Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 8 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Kateplus6
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Oct 2013, 6:45 pm

irunaround

my blog, above

Horokko
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Nov 2013, 2:38 pm

Hey everyone, new guy here. Found out that I might be an aspie about 4 or 5 months ago. Looking forward to getting you know you guys :)

Lulu73
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2013, 3:17 am

Hello,
I'm a 40-year old female freshly diagnosed with AS. I've always felt that I was different from other people, and it's a relief to finally have the confirmation after years and years of people making me feel that I just had to try harder and 'pull myself together' and things would be just fine.

I currently live in Australia, but this is my third continent, originally I'm from Germany.

At the moment I'm just trying to figure out what this diagnosis means to me. After two failed marriages I live on my own and support myself for the first time in my life, and it's a little scary. But it's also great because for the first time I can have things my way without constantly being criticised by someone!

Horokko
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2013, 11:38 am

Hey Lulu, welcome to the boards. I'm pretty new to this too :) How is life in Australia? I've actually been checking it out on the net for a little now. It looks like a fun place to live, but are the spiders and snakes as bad as they say? I'm not a big fan of the creepy crawlies, especially the ones that can take you out xD

OtakuTyler
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2013, 1:18 pm

Hey, I have no blog (yet). I was Diagnosed at 5 and I'm still here 11 years later! I love anime! I hope to one day be a writer :D

Horokko
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2013, 1:43 pm

Welcome tyler. 8) Any specific anime you're into right now? I'm about midway through genshiken season 2 at the moment

You are very likely an Aspie

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 9:25 pm

Where: http://seattlewordsmith.wordpress.com/

What: The Writings Of An American Author

Who: Robin - photographer, poet, short story writer, writer of predictions

Why: Tells of my life, my misadventures, get a glimpse into what makes me tick

When: I try to create a new post every week, but we know how life really works.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 2:16 pm

The miscellaneous ramblings of an autistic Upstate New Yorker. Warning: come at your own risk. I take no prisoners. Everything (except for potential employers) is pretty much fair game. I do try to keep it fair and respectful though.

rurufu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2014, 7:41 pm

@OtakuTyler: what kind of animes do you like? Havebyou seen Shiki or Blood+?

Rossmo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Apr 2014, 2:50 pm

I'm looking for a new way to meet and talk to people besides facebook. I went to the University of Iowa for two years in a program called Reach. Which stands for Realizing Educational and Career Hopes. I'm looking forward to chatting with more people in Reach or that are in Reach. I liked making new friends when I went off to college. Now I would like to keep making more friends with Autism.

Christi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2014, 9:47 am

Hello, All! I'm Christi and my oldest son is an Aspie. I'm not new to living with Asperger's (he's almost 11), but could use some additional support (and friends) as we head into the teen years! We homeschool, so we don't have to put up with that added stress, at least! Mostly looking to find friends and good advice to help him through puberty and the teen years. As a neurotypical, I've often gotten frustrated trying to understand the world as he sees it and now am at a loss for how to help him survive adolescence.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2014, 10:53 pm

Christi wrote:
Hello, All! I'm Christi and my oldest son is an Aspie. I'm not new to living with Asperger's (he's almost 11), but could use some additional support (and friends) as we head into the teen years! We homeschool, so we don't have to put up with that added stress, at least! Mostly looking to find friends and good advice to help him through puberty and the teen years. As a neurotypical, I've often gotten frustrated trying to understand the world as he sees it and now am at a loss for how to help him survive adolescence.

If I might suggest my blog. found HERE... I write a series called "The Care and Feeding of Your Aspie" that I believe might be of use.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 11:08 am

Recently I started a blog about my adventures in NT world. http://asadventuresnt.blogspot.com/
Because surviving as an undiagnosed 25 year old Aspie in the world full of NTs is definitely an everyday adventure. :wink:

Giddie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 May 2014, 5:29 pm

Um... I'm Giddie. And I think my stuff might not fit here but I don't really know where else to turn because I'm starting to feel more alone day by day...

I'm 30 years old and terminally ill with a degenerative form of epilepsy.
It really mostly effects and is destroying the left side of my brain.
The right side hyper-compensated for that and resulted in some artistic skills.
I can't afford testing for autism spectrum but a doctor in the past confirmed without formally diagnosing me that I am high functioning, similar to aspurgers but different because of mood disorders that I also have. Its like I feel everything a trillion times more than I should and I have no filter and have trouble understanding what people mean... like I take things kind of literally and then my sense of humor is really... awkward and most times very inappropriate and I don't ever mean to be...
I'm transgender FtM but cannot medically transition due to my illness.
It feels like every time I try to talk to someone about what is going on in my head I get the brush off and then they drop me like a potato on fire. I'm not a bad guy, just really lost.
I did research into Caetextia and it mostly explains what I feel is going on in my head but at the same time my processing just goes wonky and I get scared and overthink a million times more than I should.
Um...
hi. :oops:
Oh and also I make awesome chocolate cake.

HermaeusMora
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 May 2014, 3:55 pm

No Autism, they aren't sure what I have. some kind of "spectrum disorder". In any case, i suffer from extreme anxiety, i can't learn things the way most people can and as a result im completely ineffective in school and environments. I don't really talk to people because I find most of them ( more so people my own age) to be either completely uninteresting, or just plain stupid. I can never find anyone to have an intelligent conversation with. I'm terrible in social situations, and my interests and mannerisms are so far from everyone around me that in a way i have been left with no option to sit in my room and keep to myself.
I attend online school because being in a real school was grinding me down to my last nerve. I don't do much, i have trust issues with people for various reasons, and i tend to creep people out :p but i figured I would do what my therapist said to do, and look for more people who have similar issues to mine. Found this place, thought i would try it out because the extent of my social contact with people is nonexistent. So i hope ill be able to finally find some peace, and maybe find someone who has at least something in common with me. :?

narri
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jun 2014, 3:22 pm

Hey everybody, new member here. I'm a 22-year-old guy from northern Europe (so English isn't my first language). I haven't been diagnosed with autism or AS, but my psychologist thinks I might have AS, and I think so as well. In addition to possible Asperger's, I've had diabetes since I was 3, but even in 19 years I've yet to learn how to treat this disease or keep myself from dying of it. Also, I have severe depression, I think I have been depressed for the past 6 years or so, but I got diagnosed and medications and stuff only a few years ago.

I've always been some sort of a loner, so I have developed an interest in books and music, poetry and languages. I occasionally make my own music, some sort of angsty black metal, or maybe even depressive metal. Gloomy stuff anyway, so it's not for everybody.

I also have a tumblr, but I usually just use it to vent and say everything I can't say to anyone, so it might be a bit triggering, especially if you suffer from depression or anxiety.

Apparently I can't put urls in my first post, so take this as just a "hello world" type of a post.

That's pretty much it, I guess.