Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 9 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

bguimaraes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2014, 12:06 am

Hello people, I'm new here and would like to make new friends. <cliche introduction haha

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 6:13 am

HermaeusMora wrote:
No Autism, they aren't sure what I have. some kind of "spectrum disorder". In any case, i suffer from extreme anxiety, i can't learn things the way most people can and as a result im completely ineffective in school and environments. I don't really talk to people because I find most of them ( more so people my own age) to be either completely uninteresting, or just plain stupid. I can never find anyone to have an intelligent conversation with. I'm terrible in social situations, and my interests and mannerisms are so far from everyone around me that in a way i have been left with no option to sit in my room and keep to myself.
I attend online school because being in a real school was grinding me down to my last nerve. I don't do much, i have trust issues with people for various reasons, and i tend to creep people out :p but i figured I would do what my therapist said to do, and look for more people who have similar issues to mine. Found this place, thought i would try it out because the extent of my social contact with people is nonexistent. So i hope ill be able to finally find some peace, and maybe find someone who has at least something in common with me. :?

HEY!

Were not exactly like you!

Yore not exactly like us!

I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder

I'm Bipolar

I have auditory processing delay

an undererdeveloped vistibular system

and Aspergers Syndrome

and my social contact is also nonexistant

And the list goes on!

i hope you'll join in

Ther'es a lot of people like you and me on WP

TriforceOfAwesome1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jul 2014, 9:59 am

Hello! I'm TriforceOfAwesome1 (I'd rather not use my real name). I enjoy computer programming (Java Script), cosplay, The Legend of Zelda, skiing, and playing my ocarinas! :)

Aspie Test Results:

Neurodiverse Score: 134/200
Neurotypical Score: 80/200

Icequeen1
Raven
Raven

13 Jul 2014, 8:36 pm

Hello, new here, not sure what to say, here's some cookies 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2014, 9:27 am

Would it be a good idea to start a blog about my struggles with autism? I am dealing with my autism and generally want to improve myself. I have a lot to tell about my past and my experiences with school and NT people. I always wanted to write a book about it, that's why I am not sure to start a blog. I am afraid when I start a blog a book is not possible anymore, is that just me thinging crazy? What do you guys think? Would anyone be intereseted to read it?

Kiwiwriter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2014, 1:31 pm

I'm "Kiwiwriter," and I was diagnosed with Asperger's in 1999. I'm 51 years old, married, live in Newark, NJ, with my wife of 19.5 years and daughter of 17.5.

My wife is an unrecognized genius and my daughter is a recognized genius...she's off to college in Maine in two weeks, with a fistful of awards, intending to do either orthodontia or computers, 11th in her class at Newark's top science high school. Prior to marrying my wife, my life was pretty much a rolling disaster because of Asperger's, and I've still had many disasters since then. The last year of my life has been a major nightmare for reasons I'd rather keep private.

My day job for the past 16 years has been writing press releases for the City of Newark. I'm on my fourth mayor. Despite having an MFA in Creative Writing from the New School for Social Research, I earn less than first-year administrative assistants...I haven't had a raise in 11 years.

My interests are baseball (Yankees and Giants), history (mostly WW2), and writing (I do articles on WW2 history and am doing an e-book on the subject). My memoir on surviving Asperger's was shot down by the publishing industry.

It has been a hard life and I have caused little in it but chaos for the people I love and received in return a great deal of condemnation and ridicule, some of it justified, some of it not. The definitive judgment of me was rendered by my father many years ago, when he was flogging me at my mother's behest (she was a borderline narcissist with more issues than Time magazine). He said, "If you continue on this course, one very cold morning you will wake up and realize nobody in the entire world gives a damn whether you live or die." I often feel that's how my life turned out. It is ironic that my father was often my biggest cheerleader.

My wife is not a big fan of me being on internet forums because I often wind up getting into flame wars with people, so I doubt I will be here very often. However, enduring Asperger's is one thing I can talk about (Opening my mouth has often got me in trouble or resulted in ridicule, as I say), so I may turn up occasionally.

The only other thing I can say is that I learned my writing from Frank McCourt (my teacher in high school), Walter Lord (the author), my instructors at my MFA program, and Roger Clemens, when he pitched for the Yankees. I learned my professionalism and work ethic from Ron Guidry and Mariano Rivera, and I guess I got my furious temper and relentlessness from Paul O'Neill and Will Clark.

gonewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2014, 5:38 pm

Two Asperger sites/blogs. Critique of present psychological definitions and studies. Lots of evolutionary - anthropology genetic information. ECLECTIC!

http://aspiemanifesto.blogspot.com

http://aspergerhuman.wordpress.com

TriCon0411
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2014, 6:52 pm

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to Wrong Planet and I came here so I could interact with others who share my problems and know what it's like to struggle with Autism and Asperger's. I've always had a hard time making friends and because of this I feel alone a lot and just wish I could have one friend out there in the world. I'd really like to meet as many people as I can here so going to give it my all to make friends and help myself and others get through this tough situation we all live with.

nixiewp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2014, 8:40 am

http://nixiebs.blogspot.co.uk/
My personal blog. Right now, I am focusing on updating a blog post about the Indian Super League franchise-based football league (I get my information from the official ISL website and Facebook page).

BeachSurfer
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Sep 2014, 4:10 pm

HermaeusMora wrote:
No Autism, they aren't sure what I have. some kind of "spectrum disorder". In any case, i suffer from extreme anxiety, i can't learn things the way most people can and as a result im completely ineffective in school and environments. I don't really talk to people because I find most of them ( more so people my own age) to be either completely uninteresting, or just plain stupid. I can never find anyone to have an intelligent conversation with. I'm terrible in social situations, and my interests and mannerisms are so far from everyone around me that in a way i have been left with no option to sit in my room and keep to myself.
I attend online school because being in a real school was grinding me down to my last nerve. I don't do much, i have trust issues with people for various reasons, and i tend to creep people out :p but i figured I would do what my therapist said to do, and look for more people who have similar issues to mine. Found this place, thought i would try it out because the extent of my social contact with people is nonexistent. So i hope ill be able to finally find some peace, and maybe find someone who has at least something in common with me. :?

Know this post is a bit old, but this is exactly me but I still continue with school. I Just do it not very well.

JohnnyC

15 Nov 2014, 7:37 pm

millie wrote:
http://thegameofbreathing.blogspot.com
. Hi John. C

JohnnyC

15 Nov 2014, 7:38 pm

millie wrote:
http://thegameofbreathing.blogspot.com
. Hi John. C :D

Warlokus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2014, 9:11 pm

Hello,

I've just joined Wrong Planet. I'm a fan of anime and fan fictions. I've shared the link to my fan fiction page below. Please, check it out and let me know what you think. I'm also always looking for suggestions of new material to check out. Hit me up if you're interested in having a conversation about Japanese Anime, Disney, Transformers, etc.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2786637/

MadSquirrel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Dec 2014, 5:13 pm

Just joined up. A quick introduction:

I'm 37 and have just (finally) been given a positive AS diagnosis. It's made a lot of crazy stuff make sense.

I've just met a girl who's half my age. She's NT, but smart. She accepts who I am, and realises that if something's wrong she needs to tell me and not play games.

I have an IQ of 138, I write computer software, I play the piano (quit after grade 5) and drums.

I like "soft" sci-fi films (Star Wars, The Matrix etc), fantasy adventure, and I'll even enjoy a "chick flick" occasionally.

I also like big stuff that moves. I'm a petrolhead. I drive too fast. I'm also interested in classic British diesel traction (yes, I mean trains).

Anything else, just ask. :D

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2014, 4:12 pm

I've been here a while now and while I post most of my life on Facebook and Twitter, I do have a "proper" blog and am going to make an effort to use it more in 2015: http://www.martinhowe.net/

Nagalis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2015, 2:17 pm

I recently started an autism-centric (tum)blog to help me understand and process all this new stuff.
It reads much like a diary, I guess.
You can find it here.