Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 6 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

iamthealien
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 May 2012, 10:40 am

I started a personal blog on this site..... I want it to be about my journey since my diagnosis. How the more I find out about aspi, the more I get to identify with something or someone besides myself.
A little background
The world has been pretty frustrating for me. I would develop mantras like "its hard to be a smart girl, in a dumb world."But that was not it. There are lots of intelligent people out there. What I did not understand was why would people get so emotional over things.
When my parents divorced, I did not feel the pain that the rest of my family seem to. I understood the reason for the separation, and logically it was the best choice for those involved.
Most of the time i have been frustrated, angry, and bewildered by the emotions and choices of others. As well as by their perceptions of me. I have been labeled stuck up, (cuz i am pretty?) rude, insensitive, narcissistic, weird, (even when hangin with "fringe" groups). Its strange when the outcasts shun you.
I tried drugs, alcohol, and sex, to fit in. that did not work well. I tried retreating. There again no success. I did not understand why people were repulsed from me, like a magnetic field that kept everyone and everything out. All I wanted was to connect on some level.
Frustrated and confused I stumbled forth. failing at just about everything I tried. Knowing now it is/was because I am unable to understand the nuances that others take for granted.
My journey starts here. With this new knowledge.

LovesMoose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 May 2012, 1:15 am

Hello, Alien ~

I love intelligent and honest writing like yours in your contribution to this thread. I identify with how you express yourself. There are so many different personalities here. We are not all the same. We don't all display autistic characteristics in the same way. It's really nice to have come across something that feels like I could have written it.

Last year I started this thread: Straight Talk for Women. It's not just for older women. I neglected that thread and noticed that no one has been there in months, but when it was up and running I found it comforting connecting with others struggling with some of the same issues that I do.

Anyway, hopefully you'll finding some peace in sounding out your own challenges by writing. I'll check the blog you mentioned. Mine is launching next Sunday. You can find it at www.LovesMoose.com. There's a splash page up until I'm ready to launch. I'll be sure to post back here and let everyone know when it's ready. (This has been quite a journey with my blog.)

Carla

DannyDarkHorse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jul 2012, 9:01 am

Hi guys, first time posting on this forum, nice to have a place where I can actually talk about my problems :)

I've always felt like I am different, like I am underwater and everyone else is in a boat. Understanding and doing simple things seemed hard to me, and I was shunned in conversation and felt so misunderstood.

But it isn't all bad - I say things that others (NT's) would never think of saying, I can put pen to paper and write stories and articles that can amaze people, I can pick up a camera and produce a short film that can astound people. I go above and beyond wherever possible to make up for my shortcomings, and this suprises people (which is where I earned the nickname 'Dark Horse').

I had no idea what Aspergers was until, funnily enough, I saw an episode of South Park called Assburgers. I did some research, felt like I was reading my life story, and so I made the first step and talked to my GP. I am now awaiting some kind of test to make this all official and maybe get some answers.

Anyway, thats a little bit about me! Thanks for reading and I hope to chat to some of you awesome guys on the forums.

:D

LeeRude
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2012, 5:27 am

I told my boss today, by email, telling I needed the day off to relax since I had have no time to sleep since I discovered I have Aspergers syndrome and that I am being diagnosed for adhd.
I am such a reckless a**hole. Why can’t I wait until I have a diagnose? What is wrong with me? My phycology-something is back from holydays in two weeks. I called them. I even told the receptionist that said he was on holyday.
I'm really wish I could wait, but no, here I go again, making it as hard as possible, raising the stakes. I am a careful guy most times and this is unprecedented. I am actually asking to be classified by the government if you are being pedant about it. And I am. What’s next? Going all in by telling my mother?

skakitty
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2012, 12:01 pm

Hi, I didn't want to start my own into thread so thought i'd post here.

I'm 28, live in the south east and am the proud owner of a Beagle :)

I'm NT and my boyfriend is AS/ADD. We've been nearly 2 years and at the moment he is studying abroad in the USA (we both come from the UK)

I would consider myself to be very emotionally intelligent and empathic, but I also suffer with general anxiety and panic attacks, quite severely at times of high stress. My boyfriend is intelligent and caring, but can be very blunt and not understand my emotions a lot of the time.

I've joined to ask a couple questions and to learn everything I can about AS/ADD so I can support my boyfriend as best as I can.

fubar
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jul 2012, 1:39 am

well, if anyone is interested, it can be found in my signature. I'd like people to comment if possible.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 9:50 am

f**k you all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 9:54 am

DanRaccoon wrote:
f**k you all.

You finally got your wish: "Suicide by cop". You are now banned from this site. You could have simply requested your account closing if you no longer wanted to participate on this site.
:shrug:

Erminetheawkward
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2012, 10:02 pm

refer to my signature

EllyMayClampett
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2012, 11:29 am

I am using the blog facility on this site.

greguniverse
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Sep 2012, 5:16 pm

greguniverse.blogspot.com I write reviews for video games, as well as rant and rave at the walls.

Goldberg
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Dec 2012, 12:39 am

I have a cousin who is suspected of having Asperger's, although we aren't certain. I hope to learn more about how to identify and understand behaviors that are associated with the autism specturm. For example, can it be difficult to distinguish between an individual who simply prefers introversion and an individual who has Asperger's? These forums appear to have a breadth of information, and I look forward to becoming more knowledgable about autism.

QX11
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Feb 2013, 6:46 pm

My blog is at http://blog.qx11.info . I am trying to translate it into Spanish at http://es-blog.qx11.info/ .

techman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2013, 7:01 pm

the link can be found in my signature, please comment a with your thoughts

http://afteralliveseen.blogspot.com/

Shellshock
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2013, 7:55 pm

Hi, I'm Shellshock. This is my first chat room posting. I have Aspersion and I am what you might call nerdy. I do have some friends, but I do not see them a lot. To name the amount of things I like would fill one big book. I'm known to be a pretty funny guy, but I would like to know more about the guy who made this website. I have wanted a fellow autistic friend for a while. It hasn't worked out in the past, but I am feeling lucky this time. I hope I am right

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 9:23 pm

Hi guys, my first post and introduction.

I've read through the site several times, the articles are great, I just wish there was a lot more of them. I know its hard work and all. I appriciate the efforts to even create a site like this. Thanks guys.

I'm 46 and was diagnosed November last year. A month before I didn't know Aspergers even existed. I read something in a book, did some background research and thought "that's me exactly". Emails and phone calls, two appointments, and *bingo*, the phychyatrist (or whatever they are) said I was one of the lucky 5% of high functioning Aspergers. I accepted her words but have done a lot of research and found a local Aspergers meeting group to go to. After several months, I'm beginning to agree with her. It looks like I am one of the lucky ones.

Civil Designer by trade; love mathimatics and mental gymnastics, the more difficult the better. Relaxing is oil painting and oneline gaming. I find computer programming (hydraulics) the most addictive activity.

cheers, see ya around the traps.