Page 276 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 358  Next

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 3:44 pm

Kenya wrote:
ReticentJaeger wrote:
Clothing: T-shirts and soccer shorts?jeans when it's cold, but I hate them.

Welcome to Wrong Planet and I totally understand. I've hated jeans my whole life. I just wear sweatpants. You ever tried sweatpants before? They're really comfortable.

Lol, I've been on WP for nine months, but thanks for the welcome, I guess.

I used to wear yoga pants years ago, if that counts. I don't think they're within my school's dress code. And I get hot easily.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 4:33 pm

ReticentJaeger wrote:
Kenya wrote:
ReticentJaeger wrote:
Clothing: T-shirts and soccer shorts?jeans when it's cold, but I hate them.

Welcome to Wrong Planet and I totally understand. I've hated jeans my whole life. I just wear sweatpants. You ever tried sweatpants before? They're really comfortable.

Lol, I've been on WP for nine months, but thanks for the welcome, I guess.

I used to wear yoga pants years ago, if that counts. I don't think they're within my school's dress code. And I get hot easily.

You're welcome. :) I'm pretty sure yoga pants do count. I've always considered them to be sweatpants exclusively for girls.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 12:42 am

oh, i remember my sweatpants phase :P i'd get them caught in the gears of my bike cause they were so loose and the lower parts would be torn to shreds.
had to roll them up or tighten them with a scrunchie.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MadeleineLovesTaylor
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm

What is your first name? Madeleine

Hobbies and Interests: listening to music, baking and creative writing

Why are you here? I have autism and thought it might be nice to talk with people who have it as well.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: TAYLOR SWIFT, modern country music!

Books: I love fanficions best!

TV shows/Movies: Once Upon a Time, Nashville, Heartland, Pretty Little Liars, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Disney movies and romance movies like The Notebook.

Instrument: I don't play one

Do you like sports? I'm not really that into it.

Family:

Clothing:

How did you find this website? I came across it when looking up something about autism.

Job:

Plans for the future? To meet Taylor Swift! lol! :D :D :D

Any comments? I love Taylor Swift and if you love her to then I would love to talk to you about her :)

Last edited by MadeleineLovesTaylor on 25 Nov 2014, 5:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 5:19 pm

MadeleineLovesTaylor wrote:
What is your first name? Madeleine

Hobbies and Interests: listening to music, baking and creative writing

Why are you here? I have autism and thought it might be nice to talk with people who have it as well.

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: TAYLOR SWIFT, modern country music!

Books: I love fanficions best!

TV shows/Movies: Once Upon a Time, Nashville, Heartland, Pretty Little Liars, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Disney movies and romance movies like The Notebook.

Instrument: I don't play one

Do you like sports? I'm not really that into it.

Family:

Clothing:

How did you find this website? I came across it when looking up something about autism.

Job:

Plans for the future? To meet Taylor Swift! lol! :D :D :D

Any comments? I love Taylor Swift and if you love her to then I would love to talk to you about her :)

Welcome to Wrong Planet. :) I can already see from your answers that we have similar interests. Creative writing, music, Once Upon A Time, and Disney movies among other things.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 3:31 am

What is your first name?
Matt, though 70% of the people in my life know me by my nickname of "Skibz", which I better identify with. And no, there's no real interesting story behind that.

26, born April 1, 1988. Same day as 'Beetlejuice' was released to theaters! ...relevant...?

Orange County, California. Where the sun lives.

Hobbies and Interests:
Music. Performing, writing, studying and listening to, far beyond a normal scope into pretty much being a borderline amateur musicologist.
Film. Watching, studying, working on, writing...my obsessions and expertise lie primarily with low-budget cult and exploitation films. I may have never seen 'Citizen Kane', but I've seen 'Bloodsucking Freaks' multiple times and that's far more culturally relevant.
I have a few other things here and there - baking, bowling, buying awful thrift store clothing - but those are the main two.

Why are you here?
I want to expand my AS network. I don't personally know anybody who has autism and I've alienated enough relationships with "normal" people.

High school. Maybe junior year?

Favorite subjects:
What? In school? I guess I liked...I dunno, English? At least there my overly long and rambly essays were tolerated.

Year/Grade:
What? What's going on? I don't understand.

Favorite music:
Jeez...if I had to narrow it down, my interests lie most heavily in progressive rock (all eras), ska (namely UK/EU, 1979-1992), punk (up until the '80s and largely the more experimental groups), post-punk, early New Wave and zydeco and New Orleans music. I play and work with a lot of punk and metal bands, and have been working on the prospect of starting bands paying tribute to pre-Beatlemania rock and roll and Spike Jones-era novelty songs.

Books:
It's hard for me to read an entire book. Even books I'm really into could take several months to finish. That's why I usually list H.P. Lovecraft as my favorite author, if not for the quality of his stories, simply for their brevity.

TV shows/Movies:
I'm not too big on TV...usually I just keep it on true crime shows as background noise. Movies...well. My youth, adolescence and adulthood was/is fueled entirely by low-budget B-movies, which sparked when I discovered movies like 'The Toxic Avenger' and 'Evil Dead' as a youth. I've studied the greats of films - from Kubrick to Kurasawa, Fellini to Godard - and yet I've still never seen a film as flawless as 'The Return of the Living Dead'.

Instrument:
Guitar and bass guitar, primarily. Ukulele and keyboards, secondly. Trombone and accordion on a lower tier.

Do you like sports?
I like bowling. Does Dungeons & Dragons count as a sport?

Family:
Yes, I have one.

Clothing:
Although I have my fair share of "normal" jeans and t-shirts, a good chunk of my wardrobe looks like Weird Al and The B-52s exploded inside a carnival. I adore loud, garish clothing and have a vast assortment of Hawaiian shirts, golf pants, plaid jackets, cheesy retro wear from the '50s-'70s, vintage novelty shirts ("Where's the Beef?"), etc., etc.. I don't get invited to parties all that often.

How did you find this website?
The Google.

Job:
I work part-time at a Barnes & Noble, which is an incredibly stress-free job and compliments my AS very well (alphabetizing! So much alphabetizing! :D ). I occasionally make a few bucks here and there by helping work on low-budget film productions.

Plans for the future?
Hopefully parlaying my interest in film and music into a sustainable career.

Any comments?
I'm not wearing any pants. :(

legendofhailey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2014, 1:46 pm

What's your first name?: Hailey Jo
Age: 13 years. (okay, this site let me in with my birthday so please don't say I'm supposedly too young for this site, that has happened to me on sites)
Hobbies and interests: I really like science, I don't like any type in particualar, but if there's a new scientific advancement I'd want to check it out and I really like reading any articles I can find on any type. I also love playing my violin, and writing stories to a certain extent.
Why are you here?: Well, I've been diagnosed with a few things, a few things taken down, ect but often times it is Aspergers or autism. Also because I'm a little bored.
When were you diagnosed: ADHD at seven, Aspergers at ten, Bipolar at nine. I probably don't have all three though.
Favorite Subjects: As for my classes I really like my algebra, science, spanish, and orchestra.
Year/grade: If I didn't understand the question this is going to sound dumb, but I'm in 8th grade.
Favorite music: I like a lot of music, but I'd have to say my favorites would be classic rock, alternative (any kind really), classical, and dubstep(I really like Lindsey Stirlings dubstep violin)
Books: My favorite books would be Lord of the Flies and The Giver. I've also really liked the Harry Potter series.
TV shows/movies: The only tv show I moderately like would be Adventure Time, although it gets me sad because my life is never that exciting. My favorite movie would be The Avengers (I saw the trailer for the second :D :D )
Instrument: Violin! I can also play a little guitar, but I'm not that good at it.
Do you like sports?: I like taekwondo quite a bit. I also used to play basketball and soccer, but not anymore.
Family: Well, I'm obviously not married, but I have an older brother.
Clothing: I just wear whatever is the first clothing item I look at in the morning, so that usually consists of jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
How did you find this website: Searching on google, it actually wasn't for a site like this, but it's a long story.
Job: I don't really have a "job" (too young) but every wednesday I go wash dishes at this place were I can receive five dollars per hour for it, yeah but not really a job.
Plans for the future?: I don't know, I want to go to college though. Hopefully something in science.
Any comments?: Have a nice day.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 6:59 pm

legendofhailey wrote:
What's your first name?: Hailey Jo
Age: 13 years. (okay, this site let me in with my birthday so please don't say I'm supposedly too young for this site, that has happened to me on sites)
Hobbies and interests: I really like science, I don't like any type in particualar, but if there's a new scientific advancement I'd want to check it out and I really like reading any articles I can find on any type. I also love playing my violin, and writing stories to a certain extent.
Why are you here?: Well, I've been diagnosed with a few things, a few things taken down, ect but often times it is Aspergers or autism. Also because I'm a little bored.
When were you diagnosed: ADHD at seven, Aspergers at ten, Bipolar at nine. I probably don't have all three though.
Favorite Subjects: As for my classes I really like my algebra, science, spanish, and orchestra.
Year/grade: If I didn't understand the question this is going to sound dumb, but I'm in 8th grade.
Favorite music: I like a lot of music, but I'd have to say my favorites would be classic rock, alternative (any kind really), classical, and dubstep(I really like Lindsey Stirlings dubstep violin)
Books: My favorite books would be Lord of the Flies and The Giver. I've also really liked the Harry Potter series.
TV shows/movies: The only tv show I moderately like would be Adventure Time, although it gets me sad because my life is never that exciting. My favorite movie would be The Avengers (I saw the trailer for the second :D :D )
Instrument: Violin! I can also play a little guitar, but I'm not that good at it.
Do you like sports?: I like taekwondo quite a bit. I also used to play basketball and soccer, but not anymore.
Family: Well, I'm obviously not married, but I have an older brother.
Clothing: I just wear whatever is the first clothing item I look at in the morning, so that usually consists of jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
How did you find this website: Searching on google, it actually wasn't for a site like this, but it's a long story.
Job: I don't really have a "job" (too young) but every wednesday I go wash dishes at this place were I can receive five dollars per hour for it, yeah but not really a job.
Plans for the future?: I don't know, I want to go to college though. Hopefully something in science.
Any comments?: Have a nice day.

Welcome to Wrong Planet. I see you like classic rock. What sort of bands are you interested in? Also I saw the Age Of Ultron trailer too. It. Was. AWESOME!! !! !! !! :D Soo psyched for it to come out next year.

Cuthbertsmum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Nov 2014, 8:19 am

What is your first name? Vicky

Hobbies and Interests: My pets

Why are you here? To meet other people in the same situation and learn all I can

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): November 2014

Do you like sports? horse related ones

Family: I live with hubby

How did you find this website? It was mentioned in my diagnosis report

Job: N/A

Hewhothinks
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2014, 10:05 pm

What is your first name? Alex

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, Movies, T.V, Internet, Books

Why are you here? Have Aspergers. Maybe befriend others like me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last year

Favorite subjects: Psychology, Biology, History

Year/Grade: 11th

Favorite music: Anything that sounds good

Books: Lord of the Flies, Alice in Wonderland, Hitchhiker's Guide, Slaughterhouse Five

TV shows/Movies: Breaking Bad, Attack on Titan, Futurama/Terminator 2, Forrest Gump, Big Lebowski, Dark Knight

Instrument: Nope

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Absolutely not

Family: Mother, Father and Sister.

Clothing: Jeans and T-Shirt. Very Plain

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Nope

Plans for the future? Get a Degree in Psychology and get some sort of job with it

Any comments? o_________o whaleface

purplemountainfarm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2014, 9:20 am

What is your first name? Steve

Hobbies and Interests: serious gardening, writing and reading (fiction + non-fiction), politics

Why are you here? Finally found a site for people like me.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self-diagnosed when wife who is a special education teacher brought home a text on "disorders" such as Asperger's and said, "This is you." I read it and, yes, it was me: classic Asperger's. After 62 years finally understand why I am so "weird"-- intellectually brilliant but socially dysfunctional.

Favorite subjects: gardening, history, politics, languages

Year/Grade: Ph.D.

Favorite music: light classical and brass band

Books: almost any historical fiction, most science and fantasy fiction, gardening

TV shows/Movies: No TV. Movies: Schindler's List, Enemy at the Gates, The Bucket List, The Ultimate Gift, Dad

Instrument: the Scrabble board :)

Do you like sports? Not competitive

Family: married; adult children, grandchildren

Clothing: work attire (Dickies, Carharrt, etc.)

How did you find this website? Through Wikipedia article on Asperger's

Job: various; college teacher, farmer, writer

Plans for the future? Live until I quit breathing

Any comments? Strongly suspect my father was Asperger's also, possibly a son too. Glad to know there is a rational reason we are the way we are--not just socially dysfunctional.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2014, 5:03 pm

What is your first name? Kenny

Hobbies and Interests: Internet, reading, sports, games, movies, music, politics, history, nature, animals

Why are you here? Becuse im bored as f**k.

When were you diagnosed?Nothing, but im certain that I have several things.

Favorite subjects: History.

Year/Grade: School time was a long time ago.

Favorite music: French music.

Books: The bible, the quran.

TV shows/Movies: Lost, The ninth gate.

Instrument: No.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, Handball, MMA, Basketball.

Family: A mom and a dad. 3 sibblings.

Clothing: Mostly casual.

How did you find this website? Via Google. (What happend to Yahoo?)

Job: Soon. :wink:

Plans for the future? Staying alive, the depression is getting bigger.

Any comments? Not know.

Spearit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2014, 12:21 pm

What is your first name? Christie

Hobbies and Interests: History, science, Bible, paranormal, Death, everything

Why are you here? Because I wanted to be

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Back in '91 age 6, I was diagnosed ADHD then PTSD, PAD, mood disorder diagnosis' followed. Son was diagnosed ASD at 7, I have yet to get my ASD diagnosis.

Favorite subjects: Once again a very exhausting question that I have too many answers to.

Year/Grade: year and grade of what?

Favorite music: Mostly classic rock

Books: yes

TV shows/Movies: a lot

Instrument: piano/guitar is something I would i would love to spend my time practicing

Do you like sports? Gymnastics

Family: Husband and 4 boys

Clothing: keeps you covered

How did you find this website? searched

Job:stay at home mom atm

Plans for the future? college mostly online

Any comments? You better check yourself before you trek yourself. :roll:

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 2:44 pm

Hey Christie. Welcome to Wrong Planet. Nice to meet a fellow classic rock aficionado.

ElemenTol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2014, 9:02 pm

What is your first name?Charles

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Video Games, Lego, Hiking, Swimming, Drawing, Costume Making, Watching Science Fiction tv shows and movies, Cooking, Psychology

Why are you here?
Trying to find new friends. And Maybe a Girlfriend. And to find answers for certain social situations.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 10 years old

Favorite subjects: Math, History, Psychology

Year/Grade: College Junior

Favorite music: Country and Alternative Rock. Not very picky though.

Books: Harry Potter, Inheritance Cycle, The Dresden Files, Anything by Jodi Picoult or John Green.

TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, Star Trek, Anything food network, Digimon, Bleach, Sword Art Online, Attack On Titan, The Walking Dead, Full Metal Alchemist, All CSI shows

Instrument: Singing, Former Choir Student

Do you like sports? Somewhat. A light diversion

Family: Close to my family... not sure what else to say...

Clothing: I wear cargo pants and t-shirts way too much! And I can't match clothes for my life!

How did you find this website? The wikipedia autism rights movement page.

Job: None, full time student

Plans for the future? I am studying to become a therapist.

Any comments? Can be awkwardly spontaneous. And I have a movie, book, or video game reference for everything!

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 9:58 pm

ElemenTol wrote:
What is your first name?Charles

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Video Games, Lego, Hiking, Swimming, Drawing, Costume Making, Watching Science Fiction tv shows and movies, Cooking, Psychology

Why are you here?
Trying to find new friends. And Maybe a Girlfriend. And to find answers for certain social situations.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 10 years old

Favorite subjects: Math, History, Psychology

Year/Grade: College Junior

Favorite music: Country and Alternative Rock. Not very picky though.

Books: Harry Potter, Inheritance Cycle, The Dresden Files, Anything by Jodi Picoult or John Green.

TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, Star Trek, Anything food network, Digimon, Bleach, Sword Art Online, Attack On Titan, The Walking Dead, Full Metal Alchemist, All CSI shows

Instrument: Singing, Former Choir Student

Do you like sports? Somewhat. A light diversion

Family: Close to my family... not sure what else to say...

Clothing: I wear cargo pants and t-shirts way too much! And I can't match clothes for my life!

How did you find this website? The wikipedia autism rights movement page.

Job: None, full time student

Plans for the future? I am studying to become a therapist.

Any comments? Can be awkwardly spontaneous. And I have a movie, book, or video game reference for everything!

Hey Charles. Welcome to Wrong Planet. I can already see that we have a lot in common. Sci-Fi, Anime, and singing among others. Plus the reference thing.