Page 263 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 358  Next

natibbkf
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2014, 10:59 pm

What is your first name: Natalia

Hobbies and Interests: clothing, interior design, programming, philosophy, physics

Why are you here? I'm pretty sure I'm an Aspie. Even more sure my husband is one. And even more more sure my father is Autistic.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects: Philosophy, logic/rhetoric, physics

Year/Grade: College Senior

Favorite music: Right now a lot of dubstep

Books: I haven't read anything but text books in a long time

TV shows/Movies: Cartoons (children's or adult's), anime, Big Bang Theory, What Not to Wear, House Hunters, the movie Inception

Instrument: I've taught myself piano, but am not amazing at it

Do you like sports? Does dancing count?

Family: Husband, both parents, great grandma, aunt, cousin

Clothing: I love clothing with different themes. Some of it is trendy, some of it kind of weird. They're like costumes.

How did you find this website? Saw it on some Aspie blogs

Job: Retail slave

Plans for the future? I'm working towards becoming a web-developer. I'm sure I'll pop out a child along the way.

Any comments?
Any aspie couples out there? I wonder how common that is...

mmgirllux
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2014, 11:20 pm

What is your first name? Misty

Hobbies and Interests: I just watch tv and go on the net for the most part.

Why are you here? I'm looking for answers.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): A couple of years ago, I don't really remember.

Favorite subjects: I don't have one

Year/Grade: 14

Favorite music: Metal

Books: The Harry Potter Series lol.

TV shows/Movies: Shameless, Californication, Game of Thrones.

Instrument: I wish

Do you like sports? Yes, but I never really got to participate.

Family: I have a son, and my mom, dad, and brother live in a different town.

Clothing: Whatever really.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: No

Plans for the future? To get back on my feet

Any comments I cant think of anything.

Shellz22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2014, 6:56 am

What is your first name? Shellz
Hobbies and Interests: reading, watching tv shows, netball, special education, volunteering.
Why are you here? because I think I might be an aspie and want to learn more
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): symptoms started becoming more apparent last year.
Favorite subjects: English, PE
Year/Grade: Uni
Favorite music: Whatever I like.
Books: Danielle Steele, Jodi Picculout, Cathy Glass, JK Rowling, and lots lots more!
TV shows/Movies: Burn notice, NCIS, CSI, Chuck
Instrument: I like to sing
Do you like sports?: Netball
Family: a little sister, Mum and Dad.
Clothing:
How did you find this website?: I was researching Aspergers Syndrome and it was mentioned on another site
Job: student
Plans for the future?: Special Ed Teacher
Any comments?: not really

Jus321
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2014, 9:26 am

What is your first name? Justine, but just call me Jus.

Hobbies and Interests: No hobbies really.

Why are you here? It looks a really accepting and friendly place, and friends are something I'm quite lacking in.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I can't say exactly, but as a child.

Favorite subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry - things that didn't have the vagueness and ambiguity like English or Study of Society.

Year/Grade: Graduated Grade 12

Favorite music: Classical, particularly piano.

Books: I'm not really a great reader.

TV shows/Movies: Big Bang Theory, Simpsons, Futurama, anything Monty Python,

Instrument: I don't play, but enjoy piano

Do you like sports? Not at all.

Family: I live on my own, but I still have a grandfather, an uncle and several aunts.

Clothing: very casual. must be comfortable.

How did you find this website? I can't remember. I've been lurking here for ages - seems like forever.

Job: general work in a laundry.

Plans for the future? Not so much a plan, but more a hope against all odds: To find a partner and have a relationship which makes us both happy.

Any comments? Not really at this stage.

GeometricMatrix
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2014, 5:30 pm

Lucas

Denmark

I have a strong interest in
Computer Graphics, architecture, and anatomy

I have Aspergers

I was diagnosed as 16 years old

I like all kinds of music

"Inception, The Great Gatsby, Dexter, The hobbit", so much more i can't get in mind of right now. A great movie that has a great history, and the possibility to bend my mind to the fullest is the best"

I have no musical talent.

I like lifting weights

I have a odd family :)

My clothing is Luucas style

Searching my diagnosis

Job: Becomming an 3D artist

Plans for the future?

Being awesome

Bring it oooooon!!

RiverTamDent42
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Apr 2014, 1:17 pm

Angela

US

Reading, designing & making jewelry, playing video games

Test positive for Aspergers, haven't gone for official diagosis

I like Queen, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, ZZ Top, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, Pantera, Def Leppard, Epic Rap Battles of History, Korn, Imagine Dragons, CCR, Foo Fighters

I like all books. :lol: I am a speed reader, so I go through a lot. I like Douglas Adams, Isaac Asimov, Jim Butcher, JRR Tolkien, Laurell K Hamilton, Robert Lynn Asprin, Terry Pratchett, Agatha Christie, John Green, JK Rowling, Michael Grant, George RR Martin, Maria V Snyder, LE Modesitt Jr, and many, many more.

I like How I Met Your Mother, Firefly, all Star Treks, Big Bang Theory, House, Veronics Mars, but I don't watch tv often.

I design and make jewelry from home, and I have 2 kids, one is Autistic.

I found this site by searching for "am I too weird to date". Seriously.

TungleVatn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2014, 5:54 pm

What is your first name? Kyle

Hobbies and Interests: making hemp stuff, skygazing, forests, reading

Why are you here? meeting other aspies

When were you diagnosed? not officially diagnosed with paperwork and all that. I saw a psychologist late last year and we figured it out.

Favorite subjects: psychology, music, spirituality, conspiracy theories

Favorite music: ambient electronic, rock n roll, jazz and blues

Instrument: guitar

Do you like sports? snowboarding (I only went snowboarding once but love to watch it)

How did you find this website? googled Asperger's support groups, my city seems to cater to children more.

Job: unemployed

Plans for the future? be independent

Any comments? The name of this site.. hits the nail on the head haha.

Last edited by TungleVatn on 26 Apr 2014, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafael3122
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Apr 2014, 1:38 am

What is your first name? Rafael

Hobbies and Interests: Anime manga

Why are you here? To meet others like me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2 years ago

Favorite subjects: History

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: anything catchy

Books: manga lol

TV shows/Movies: superhero films

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? no

Xysaerv
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Apr 2014, 3:49 am

What is your first name? Cody

Hobbies and Interests: Coin Collecting, Mineral/Geode Collecting, Gaming

Why are you here? To try and find myself

When were you diagnosed?: Over a decade ago

Favorite subjects: Economics

Year/Grade: Not Enrolled

Favorite music: Rock, Alt Rock, Light Metal, trance, nightcore. Everything Else Rarely or Never

Books: NA

TV shows/Movies: Supernatural, Rick and Morty, Smallville, Sleepy Hollow, Doctor Who, Helix, and whatever else feel like watching (No Netflix Hulu for me thanks)

Instrument: Never took the time to learn

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: Single, No family/kids.

Clothing: I Wear what ever is comfortable

How did you find this website? I Submitted a question to Tauren think tank a world of warcraft podcast that deals with giving council/support to its listeners. the Question was how to get back on my feet in life and this site was a suggestion from a listener.

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future? Find new job/Other

Any comments? Not yet.

gnarledstick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Apr 2014, 2:09 pm

What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: history esp.19/20th century, north korea, collecting records, playing music (without any talent), psychology (interesting species these humans). there's a few other kind of "oscillating" interests. at the moment: female murderers and prisons. i also like statistical information very much, comparing numbers, sizes, tables...

Why are you here? i am still looking for "answers" on aspergers. i am very interested in other people's descriptions of their experiences. the complexity of that "different state of mind" is immensly fascinating. still the basic "symptoms" are somehow very often alike, only differing in severity. this site here is definitely the most informative one on the web.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): last year. by chance. having a diagnostic-odyssey behind me. a lot of shrinks were racking their brains, suspected me to have adhd, depressions, social anxiety, ocd and so forth... completely by chance i read a book about aspergers and was completely baffled: 90% strike. brilliant. support for adults with aspergers? here? good joke! you always have to fight those know-it-all smart ar**es who constantly explain to you that "real autists are much more obsessed with rigid routines, can't understand implicit language, know time tables by heart, are disabled or behave like this rainmain guy". these people then often let me know that i was way too normal to have aspergers... even worse are only those who try to understand you: "yeah i know, i also have these special days sometimes, when nothing seems to work out well".... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Favorite subjects: school? horror. horror. horror. people thought i was a bit "dim", as i often need a bit of time to consider my answers...then at some point i stopped to take an interest in class/studies, thinking i was too stupid for even the most mediocre academic laurels... quit school, failed at apprenticeship, ended up beeing unemployed for years...

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: 60s psychedelic, 80s/90s-indie, electro

Books: many. recently williams-stoner, ageiiev - cocaine, a lot of history and psychological stuff, great war, north korea, bio-psycholgy...

TV shows/Movies: fast show (still the best comedy series ever made), splatter, strange stuff from strange countries, martial arts, documentaries....

Instrument: guitar (lousy), bass guitar (poor), drums (pathetic - though i try hard), the piano (i was forced to practise it when young - totally in vain). i can't even sing properly. but i like to record "music" just for fun.

Do you like sports? no

Family: intricate story

Clothing: important. i am quite anti-autism-cliché concerning that. when younger i used to hang out in the same shabby clothing all the time (i even had a period of quite reduced personal hygiene) buuuuut times have changed...

How did you find this website? it simply was there. apparently it looked for me.

Job: something with a lot of alien people around (stress, horror, stress, horror)

Plans for the future? trying to get an opportunity to catch up on all those things i missed due to these special circumstances.

Any comments?

monsterchic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2014, 8:20 am

What is your first name? Rachel

Hobbies and Interests: Music, acting, cooking, reading, writing

Why are you here? I was referred by a friend, checked it out, and this looked like an awesome place.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with depression and general anxiety disorder a month and a half ago.

Favorite subjects: Psychology, sociology, English, and History

Year/Grade: Senior (12)

Favorite music: Celtic and instrumental music, but I listen to anything.

Books: Currently the Game of Thrones books. It changes with every book I read (and I read a LOT).

TV shows/Movies: Sherlock, House, White Collar, and Psych for TV shows. Too many movies to mention--I'm a little bit of a movie freak :)

Instrument: To play, trumpet and pennywhistle. In general or to listen to, stringed instruments.

Do you like sports? Yes, I'm a fan of football (soccer), and I'm a thrower in track.

Family: Parents and two younger sisters. And a Springer Spaniel who's afraid of absolutely everything.

Clothing: Sweatshirts and jeans. Occasionally sweatshirts and athletic shorts.

How did you find this website? I was referred by a friend.

Job: Currently unemployed, but I worked as a barista/cook/waitress for a year until the business folded.

Plans for the future? I plan on getting my Associate's degree in the Culinary arts next year.

monsterchic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2014, 8:40 am

What is your first name? Rachel

Hobbies and Interests: Music, acting, cooking, reading, writing

Why are you here? I was referred by a friend, checked it out, and this looked like an awesome place.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with depression and general anxiety disorder a month and a half ago.

Favorite subjects: Psychology, sociology, English, and History

Year/Grade: Senior (12)

Favorite music: Celtic and instrumental music, but I listen to anything.

Books: Currently the Game of Thrones books. It changes with every book I read (and I read a LOT).

TV shows/Movies: Sherlock, House, White Collar, and Psych for TV shows. Too many movies to mention--I'm a little bit of a movie freak :)

Instrument: To play, trumpet and pennywhistle. In general or to listen to, stringed instruments.

Do you like sports? Yes, I'm a fan of football (soccer), and I'm a thrower in track.

Family: Parents and two younger sisters. And a Springer Spaniel who's afraid of absolutely everything.

Clothing: Sweatshirts and jeans. Occasionally sweatshirts and athletic shorts.

How did you find this website? I was referred by a friend.

Job: Currently unemployed, but I worked as a barista/cook/waitress for a year until the business folded.

Plans for the future? I plan on getting my Associate's degree in the Culinary arts next year.

CharlotteEstevez
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Apr 2014, 1:10 pm

What is your first name? Charlotte

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Going for walks, watching my fave TV-Shows, solving puzzles

Why are you here? Was encouraged to get in contact with others.

When were you diagnosed? Both AS and Depressions roughly 4 years ago.

Favorite subjects: In school my favorite subjects used to be Geography, English, Spanish and History.

Year/Grade: Done with school. First year of University.

Favorite music: Ungh, that's a wiiiiiiide range. From 80's to Charts, bascially anything.

Books: Rowell, Green, Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Reichs & King.

TV shows/Movies: The Mentalist, Psych, Grey's Anatomy, Castle, Gossip Girl, Parks & Rec, House MD.

Instrument: I love playing the piano.

Do you like sports? Running, Football, Tennis, Softball & Swimming.

Family: Mom & Dad + 3 older siblings.

Clothing: Mostly slacks, chinos & button-down shirts or T-Shirts.

How did you find this website? Browsing the Internet.

Job: Currently Law Student.

Plans for the future? Make it through life.

Gelfy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm

My name is Jayne.

I'm 56yrs.....That looks terribly old when written down.

I live in the UK.

Hobbies and interests -My garden, my chickens, Politics, a certain amount of activism, reading, gym, being in the countryside.

I saw this site on an Aspergers site I have been reading lately.

I'm not diagnosed but it's highly likely that I have Aspergers. I've decided to go for diagnosis now, 'though I'm not sure why.

My favourite subject was English when I was in school.

Music - Hmmm, I like so many things....classical music, Elton John, Coldplay, Mumford and sons, Queen...folk music. I recently saw Apollo Brown and the Ugly Heros in London as my son was opening for them and although it's not really my thing, I loved every minute of it.

Books- To Kill a Mockingbird, Pride and Prejudice, Bill Bryson....

TV /Movies- Game of Thrones, True Detective, Big Bang Theory, The Office and US Office, Gormenghast, Django Unchained, BBC's modern Taming of the Shrew and other stuff.

Instrument- I used to play the piano when I was a child. I taught myself to play 5 string banjo over the last 5 yrs and I love it :)

Sports- I like weight training mostly and also cycling when I get the motivation.

Family- 3 sons, 1 daughter, 2 grandsons, 2 grandaughters. My children's fathers both died tragically. I have a partner of 13yrs in a slightly unusual setup.

Clothing- Slightly hippyish...has to be soft and comfortable, mostly cotton and barefoot as much as humanly possible.

Job- Haven't had to work for 14 yrs but have to find a job in the next two months. I have no idea what I will do yet.

Plans- To continue to set my life up in the optimum way to be at peace in the world.

Arcana
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2014, 12:35 pm

What is your first name? I'm not going to say my real name, but you can call me M

Hobbies and Interests: Playing the piano, anime/manga, art, math, cosmology, linguistics, and forensic science.

Why are you here? Because I recently found out I have Asperger's.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I haven't been officially diagnosed but my therapist agrees I have Asperger's.

Favorite subjects: Math, art, and music.

Year/Grade: I'm homeschooled and go to college part-time... so I'm not really in a grade.

Favorite music: Alternative, indie rock, classical, some folk, some techno, and j-pop. I listen to a fairly wide range of music.

Books: The Harry Potter series, His Dark Materials Trilogy, and The Phantom Tollbooth (just to name a few).

TV shows/Movies: Amelie, Doctor Who, Firefly, various anime (Attack on Titan and Madoka Magica are my favorites right now), and anything by Studio Ghibli.

Instrument: I play the piano.

Do you like sports? Not really.

Family: Mom, dad, and a younger brother.

Clothing: Skinny jeans, sweaters or hoodies, sneakers, and sometimes skirts when it's warm outside. I prefer dark colors.

How did you find this website? Google searching for Asperger's resources.

Job: Don't have one.

Plans for the future? Studying mathematics, studying things in general (I love learning), and hopefully not being depressed and anxious all the time.

Any comments? Umm.. this seems like a pretty great site ^_^

VictoryForCake
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 May 2014, 3:26 pm

What is your first name? Jerome

Hobbies and Interests: Music, History,

Why are you here? out of interest

When were you diagnosed? 2009

Favorite subjects: Chemistry, Biology, History

Year/Grade: 5th year, (thats about the same as an american 11th grade)

Favorite music: Classic metal, Rock, Blues, Classical, Some kinda popish songs

Books: Lotr and the other ones, Dostoevsky, Dickins, Some Historical books

TV shows/Movies: I generally avoid them

Instrument: Can play drums and Guitar, Trying a bass soon

Do you like sports? Rugby, Formula 1, Hurling(native sport), Some Martial Arts

Family: 2 parents, An older sister

Clothing: Generally casual,

How did you find this website? Googling about How wrong our planet was and this came up XD

Job: Odd jobs such as computer repair, Manual labour ect ect....

Plans for the future? Go to college and do something in the Biology/Chemistry Area

Any comments? Remove the Comment section XD, Pm me if you want, I am quite easy to talk to