Page 265 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 358  Next

dsmb1996
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2014, 8:44 am

What is your first name? Declan

Hobbies and Interests: listening to/playing music, talking

Why are you here? I'm interested in meeting other people with Aspergers.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): Elementary School

Favorite subjects: None

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: Steely Dan, Buffalo Springfield, Love, The Move, The Zombies, Badfinger, Manfred Mann, Dire Straits, Pearls Before Swine

Books: Stephen King, Norman Mailer, Salman Rushdie, Upton Sinclair, Arthur Miller, Tennessee Williams, Mark Twain, J.D. Salinger, David Foster Wallace, Charles Bukowski, John Cheever, Chinua Achebe

TV shows/Movies: Unforgiven, Fearless, The Aviator, It's A Wonderful Life, The Conversation, Primer, Unbreakable

Instrument: Percussion, Piano, Guitar

Do you like sports? Yes!

Family: My parents are divorced.

How did you find out about this website? I read about it in a book on Aspergers.

Plans for the future: I will be attending college in January. I want to get a job so I have some money saved up before I go. I also want to get my license.

Pixi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 May 2014, 7:43 am

What is your first name? Pixi

Hobbies and Interests: Prospecting & Geology, House pets, Permaculture, Writing, Spirituality, Paranormal, Art & Music. Loves horses and all animals.

Why are you here? Asperger's Syndrome (both me & my husband)

When were you diagnosed? Currently undiagnosed but clearly in the autistic spectrum entire lives. Not sure any point in being dx'd at our ages as managed this far with no help. Misdiagnosed with depression and anxiety for years. Not accurate at all!

Favorite subjects: English, Social studies, biology, history, theology, drama, art, music

Year/Grade: 11 plus some tertiary certs. Was classed as remedial in school as cannot count/tell time but went on to run my own company in the funeral profession for 10 years.

Favorite music: Blues, Rock, Christian Rock, Metal, Classical, World music

Books: Text books mainly, medical science, autobiographies, spiritual, Bible etc.

TV shows/Movies: McLeod's Daughter's, Gold Rush Alaska, Ever After, Titanic,

Instrument: Learning guitar slowly (husband is a guitarist & singer)

Do you like sports? Not really but I can watch sailing or skiing & horses sometimes.

Family: The PTEN genetic defect is in my family. We have some with ADHD & Autism spectrum disorders.

Clothing: Country attire mainly (yeeha), Gypsy, Goth or Quaker/Plain, depends on moods/quirks.

How did you find this website? Googling about Asperger's Syndrome.

Job: Mortician (retired), now mainly admin on FB groups as disabled by advanced osteoporosis (spinal injury), often bedbound with ME and I have brain lesions but no MS dx yet. I have bouts of paralysis and severe pain.

Plans for the future? One day at a time. Would like to plant an organic food garden to feed the local community in these tough times. To find a big gold nugget and to write a few songs. Maybe start a blog etc.

Any comments? Recently married my gothrocker legend WhiteWolf who also has Asperger's. We are learning all we can about it, whether to seek a formal dx and making the relationship work considering our differing traits are not so easy to deal with. It's early days. :)

insaneyanish
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 May 2014, 8:22 am

What is your first name? Justin.

Hobbies and Interests: Tabletop Games, Backyard Wrestling, Singing Classic Rock tunes, FIRE

Why are you here? I need help. I deal with a lot of issues, and I want some advice on how people deal with WORSE issues, so that I can construct my own solutions. Or this, at least until I can go see a doctor about it. Plus, meeting like minded people is always fun.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): Middle School.

Favorite subjects: Music, History, Literature.

Year/Grade: High School Graduate, class of 2008.

Favorite music: Blue Oyster Cult, Metallica, Santana, Yes, Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden, all of your other Classic Rock heroes, Insane Clown Posse (and friends), Aesop Rock, Tech N9ne, Cage Kennylz, Daft Punk, Justice, Michael Jackson.

Books: Traditional? Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. Anything else? Manga and comic books.

TV shows/Movies: TV shows... Not a lot of those anymore. Anime in general. Miyazaki films. Old Samurai flicks. Movies? Clockwork Orange, Caveman's Valentine, Dark World, Jacob's Ladder, Full Metal Jacket

Instrument: My voice.

Do you like sports? I like flying several feet above ground and crashing through bits of plywood, glass, thumbtacks and people. YAY BACKYARD WRESTLING~

Family: My Father died in '07 when I was 16. My Mom is still around, though I don't live with her at the moment. I have two Dogs and two cats back there that I consider family. No siblings by blood, but two guys I've adopted as brothers.

How did you find out about this website? I had a bad night and googled 'Aspergers Support'. This looked like the most legit listing on page one.

Plans for the future: Find permanent living space, fix brain. Attend college, make creative stuff, or find a good job. A girlfriend would be nice. I don't bet on it, though.

Misshmash
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2014, 12:27 am

What is your first name? Michelle

Hobbies and Interests: art, philosophy, religious studies (atheist, however), knitting, reading.

Why are you here? I am certain that I have aspergers. I have been heavily researching the disorder for a long time now. However, I do not believe that I want to get a diagnosis. I have been to therapy in and out of my early adulthood for "anxiety". I was always intimidated by psychologists and it never helped me because I couldn't open up to them. I'm also here to see if aspergers is truly something that I can "relate" too. I'm honestly kind of lost right now.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I haven't been diagnosed. See previous question.

Favorite subjects: Religion,

Favorite music: I love vocally talented musicians, singer-songwriters: Jason Mraz, Sam Smith, Queen, Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding.

Books: The God Delusion

TV shows/Movies: Documentaries. I like old sitcoms like Freaks and Geeks, Roseanne, Full house.

Instrument: No... I wish

Do you like sports? No way.

Family: I have parents and sister.

Clothing: Whatever I would like to wear

How did you find this website? Google. That's pretty much the only way, i think

Job: Works for a very large large company getting paid very little.

Plans for the future? Hopefully To graduate college and get out of poverty. Trying to make a change in the world by trying a different approach.

Any comments? I usually don't do the whole Discussion form thing because I never am really understood by the majority of people... so I'm a little apprehensive and nervous going into this. However, I really do need to talk to other people like me. I don't even feel like more of "me" exist lol. :)

Jijifranko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2014, 3:37 am

Quote:
What is your first name? William

Why are you here? To feel less alone, and less socially inadequate.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): At the age of 22.

Year/Grade: BA (Hons) Philosophy and Psychology

Favorite music: My last.fm username is Jijifranko. Visit my page.

TV shows/Movies: Game of Thrones, Hannibal.

Instrument: Piano, violin and guitar.

Do you like sports? Yes. Rugby, cricket and football.

Family: A mother, father and brother. Cousins on both sides. An extensive Irish family.

Clothing: I'm not as self-consciously dandy as I would like to be.

How did you find this website? Via a video on YouTube.

Plans for the future? Further study. More books.

jhb268
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2014, 8:38 am

What is your first name? J

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, drawing, music, sleeping, modern history and urban exploration (even though I live in the countryside)

Why are you here? To compare my thoughts and opinions with everybody else's.

When were you diagnosed?: My parents knew I had Asperger's from an early age but I've never been officially diagnosed or anything.

Favorite subjects: English and Art

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: Genre doesn't matter to me much. As long as it sounds good, I'll take it. I'm more into indie stuff than mainstream, though.

Books: Catch-22, The Catcher in the Rye, The Disaster Artist, Lord of the Rings and any mystery/horror story.

TV shows/Movies: Top Gear, Mythbusters, Red Dwarf, Mystery Science Theater 3000, The Walking Dead, Pulp Fiction, Rushmore, Saw, Roger & Me, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Casablanca, The Big Lebowski... you're never going to hear the end of this one. I'll shut up.

Instrument: Guitar, sometimes I sing. I'd like to learn clarinet someday.

Do you like sports? I'm not too into sports, but I'm cool with them. I like motorsport the most.

Family: A mother and father just like anybody else. I also have a younger brother (15). My dad and brother have Aspergers.

Clothing: Nothing in particular because I don't have much. I pay some degree of attention to my appearance, though.

How did you find this website? Heard about it from time to time.

Job: Student. Not getting a job until after I finish school.

Plans for the future? Start and manage my own business. It'll probably be either a guitar shop or a bookstore. I'll probably busk on the odd occasion, too.

Any comments? You're adopted.

Kriositivity
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2014, 8:50 pm

What is your first name? Kristine

Hobbies and Interests: That's a hard question. I have many.

Why are you here? To learn.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): SKIP

Favorite subjects: History, Science, Art

Year/Grade: Drop Out

Favorite music: If it sounds good.

Books: I haven't read anything recently

TV shows/Movies: Game of Thrones. Waiting for the next Hobbit movie to come out.

Instrument: Pen

Do you like sports? I did.

Family: I have a daughter and a fiance

Clothing: What ever I like...

How did you find this website? Wikipedia

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future? I want to go camping and to the lake this summer. Also I hope to fix up my house and sell it in a few years.

Any comments? Short answers...

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2014, 11:31 pm

What is your first name? Alexander.

Hobbies and Interests: chess, listening to music, reading, watching movies and shows, practicing martial arts (wing chun, primarily), being a tobacco connoisseur.

Why are you here? To receive support and advice from others and give it where I can.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): elementary school.

Favorite subjects: physics and philosophy.

Year/Grade: college freshman.

Favorite music: metal. Favorite bands include Esoteric, God Dethroned, Skeletonwitch, Eluveitie, In Flames, Cattle Decapitation and My Dying Bride. I also like some lighter stuff, like Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, The Bunny The Bear and Deftones.

Books: Stephen King, Orson Scott Card, Kurt Vonnegut, Isaac Asimov. King is probably my favorite. The Stand and The Green Mile are the two best books I've ever read.

TV shows/Movies: Live action dramas and anime, mostly. Very rarely, I'll see a sitcom that I actually enjoy.

Instrument: saxophone, piano and metal vocals (harsh and clean, but I prefer harsh).

Do you like sports? No.

Family: mother, step father and my faithful hound; my "furbaby", as people have taken to calling them, whom I wouldn't trade for the world.

Clothing: I dress strangely. I have a propensity for strange hats, ranging from berets to beanies to top hats. I also have a thing for trench coats and fingerless gloves. If you saw me on the street, you'd probably think I was a drug dealer.

How did you find out about this website? Wikipedia.

Plans for the future: my only plans are the pursuit of truth and the pursuit of happiness. The search for truth has lead me to science and to philosophy; at present, I am anticipating double majoring in physics and philosophy. I also anticipate going to grad school for physics. The pursuit of happiness, on the other hand, is more complicated than truth could ever be. It's not simple mathematics and I can't solve it like a puzzle. I'm still trying to determine what it is and how one goes about attaining it.

Anyway...that's me.

Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 May 2014, 7:23 am

What is your first name? 12341234

Hobbies and Interests: I spend inordinate amounts of time gluing Frostie boxes

Why are you here?: Found it post-diagnosis

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): A number of provisional diagnosis for ASC in Oct 2008, Jul 2010, Nov 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, and the confirmed one in Jan 2013

Favorite subjects: English; IT

Year/Grade: Left school 10 years' ago

Favorite music: Indie; classical.

Books: The Guardian & The Telegraph

TV shows/Movies: Radio 4

Instrument: I would like to learn to play the piano

Do you like sports?: No

Family: Most of them are deceased

Clothing: Easy-fitting

How did you find this website?: See previous similar question

Job: Receive disability benefits, however, volunteer; see above

Plans for the future?: See what happens

Any comments?

Last edited by 12341234 on 28 May 2014, 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 9:28 am

What is your first name? christian

Hobbies and Interests: films, drawing/animation. science, non-fiction books

Why are you here? failed to cope, looking for community

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): first time informally in 2008 by a befriended doctor, not a psychiatrist. Diagnosis for adult asperger's is uncommon in germany

Favorite subjects: used to love chemistry and art, have a Masters in Animation from the Royal college of Art in London

Year/Grade: Diploma in graphics design, MA in Animation

Favorite music: arhythmic, experimental, and leonard cohen, Velvet underground

Books: The log from the sea of cortez, the peregrine, the inner fish

TV shows/Movies: Stalker, My neighbour totoro, Tekkon Kinkreet and a lot of obscure things, like russian war films from the sevnties, a lot of japanese films ....

Instrument: - no sense of rhythm whatsoever

Do you like sports? watching? under no circumstances, practicing- rarely

Family: two brothers, one NT, the other slightly aspergian. The aspergian one has a wife and 2 year old son. Father, yes, mother died of cancer when I was 17. large extended family. all of them NT.

Clothing: 'like a banker, who just received a call that something terrible has ahappened and hurried home' was the latest comment

How did you find this website? looking for advice on life

Job: Animator/director by heart, storyboard artist/illustrator for the money

Plans for the future? make films, which I'm quite good at, but I still haven't figured out how to get them funded... so... being a starving, lonely artist, I guess

sophaylavender
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2014, 11:18 am

What is your first name? Sophie

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Photography, and Graphic Design

Why are you here? To make friends with other people with AS like me :3

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 16

Favorite subjects: Music, Drama, English, and Media

Year/Grade: Level 3 Performing Arts Student

Favorite music: Panic! at the disco, Lady GaGa, Tenacious D, Postmodern Jukebox (jazz), Katy Perry and Owl City and Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Books: Skulduggery Pleasant series, Mock The Week scenes I'd like to see series, Sophie's World, Curious Incident of the dog in the nighttime, Photography books and Filmmaking books

TV shows/Movies: My fave TV shows are Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Hannibal, Big Bang Theory and Adventure Time and Gravity Falls. Movies are pirates of the Caribbean series, Walter Mitty, Forest Gump, Black Swan and the Tenacious D movie.

Instrument: Keyboard/Piano but I also do singing if that counts

Do you like sports? lol nope

Family: Mum, sister, two cats and my cousins in West Yorkshire and my grandparents and uncle in Spain

Clothing: Graphic tees and jeans

How did you find this website? When searching online for information about AS

Job: I run a charity against abuse and rape culture called I Found Hope (ww w. ifoundhope. co .uk) (remove the spaces)

Plans for the future? To have a career in filmmaking, writing and acting and to have a successful charity that does successful campaigns

Any comments? hi :3

MattiasSweden
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2014, 7:57 pm

What is your first name? Mattias

Hobbies and Interests: Cartoons, Math and History

Why are you here? Wanted to meet international people with AS.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): At a very yong age, 5 or 6

Favorite subjects: Math, History, Chemistry

Year/Grade: Will start my start my second attempt on University this fall

Favorite music: Power Metal favorite bands are Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Keldian and Avantasia

Books: Non-fiction books

TV shows/Movies: Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs!, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld

Do you like sports? I'm trying to work out sometimes, but the progress is slow

Clothing: What I feel like

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Student

Plans for the future? University degree in Engineering

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 8:12 pm

Welcome to the Site!

I wish you excellent luck on the successful completion of your engineering studies.

We need people like you to fix the broken-down NYC highways!

FanDe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2014, 10:54 am

Quote: 革命無罪,造反有理
What is your first name? I prefer my Chinese name WenDe or FanDe

Hobbies and Interests: History, Art, Culture, Philosophy

Why are you here? Need somewhere to vent

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last November or September...

Favorite subjects: Musicology, History, Asian Studies

Year/Grade: 3rd year college

Favorite music: Many kings, but I like Military Pop sometimes

Books: Incarnations of Immortality

TV shows/Movies: Forever Enthralled, To Live, Raise the Red Lantern

Instrument: Harmonica, Acoustic Guitar

Do you like sports? Hate them

Family: Normal family...

Clothing: Normal clothes

How did you find this website? Have run into it occasionally

Job: Camp Counselor

Plans for the future? Master Chinese and teach English in Taiwan

Any comments? I often waste time doing pointless things or thinking about pointless things.

Last edited by FanDe on 30 May 2014, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

FanDe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2014, 10:55 am

insaneyanish wrote:
What is your first name? Justin.

Hobbies and Interests: Tabletop Games, Backyard Wrestling, Singing Classic Rock tunes, FIRE

Why are you here? I need help. I deal with a lot of issues, and I want some advice on how people deal with WORSE issues, so that I can construct my own solutions. Or this, at least until I can go see a doctor about it. Plus, meeting like minded people is always fun.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): Middle School.

Favorite subjects: Music, History, Literature.

Year/Grade: High School Graduate, class of 2008.

Favorite music: Blue Oyster Cult, Metallica, Santana, Yes, Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden, all of your other Classic Rock heroes, Insane Clown Posse (and friends), Aesop Rock, Tech N9ne, Cage Kennylz, Daft Punk, Justice, Michael Jackson.

Books: Traditional? Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. Anything else? Manga and comic books.

TV shows/Movies: TV shows... Not a lot of those anymore. Anime in general. Miyazaki films. Old Samurai flicks. Movies? Clockwork Orange, Caveman's Valentine, Dark World, Jacob's Ladder, Full Metal Jacket

Instrument: My voice.

Do you like sports? I like flying several feet above ground and crashing through bits of plywood, glass, thumbtacks and people. YAY BACKYARD WRESTLING~

Family: My Father died in '07 when I was 16. My Mom is still around, though I don't live with her at the moment. I have two Dogs and two cats back there that I consider family. No siblings by blood, but two guys I've adopted as brothers.

How did you find out about this website? I had a bad night and googled 'Aspergers Support'. This looked like the most legit listing on page one.

Plans for the future: Find permanent living space, fix brain. Attend college, make creative stuff, or find a good job. A girlfriend would be nice. I don't bet on it, though.

We live close by apparently.

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 3:05 pm

Welcome to Wrongplanet