Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

HinaHantaCutie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2014, 6:59 pm

Hi! I'm Kayla, and I'm new on this forum.

I have ADHD (along with Bipolar II and post trauma anxiety), and am in a romantic relationship with someone who has Asperger's. I joined this forum to learn more about how I can do better in relationships with others and most of all, how I can best support my boyfriend, and get questions answered as well.

Anyways, about me, I am a second year student at a community and technical college. I am aiming to learn Graphic Design. I have a ferret (whom I also adore). I live in Minnesota. I am very much into the arts, especially music. I love playing the piano, and making music lyric montages for YouTube. I love to do a whole range of arts as well as music, including drawing and writing; you name it.

I really want to be a better girlfriend to my man, even though he says I'm great already, and support him in the best way possible. I believe he is "The One", as I've known him since highschool, we are "first loves" and still crazy about each other. :)

I hope to get to know you guys better! :flower:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 7:17 pm

It seems as if his Asperger's doesn't affect you too much--that you accept it wholeheartedly.

It's actually a pretty rare sight in this Forum: a person who accepts an Aspergian mate unconditionally.

Are there times when his Asperger's could be a problem for you? I know my Asperger's has been a source of irritation for at least a few of my girlfriends.

I believe, in the future, that the Autistic Spectrum will become more accepted in the "general society."

I think it's already happening right at this moment--Seinfeld's "confession," I believe, will provide the springboard.

Welcome to the Forum.

You should post your stuff in the Literature/Arts Subforum.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 8:44 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 9:09 pm

Welcome. By the way aspies are the best people in the world.

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 9:57 pm

Hey Kayla welcome. :sunny:

IAmTheCatalyst
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Nov 2014, 10:49 pm

Welcome. Good luck finding the answers you are looking for. :D

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 1:41 am

it's wonderful you've found someone you care about so much already 8) i hope you find the answers you're looking for here, and much more if you so wish.

unfortunately ferrets are banned in California, where i live. but i have three hamsters and they are my darlings. what's his/her name? :) i played piano for a bit too.

welcome to the site.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 11:20 am

Welcome to the Planet!

alex
Developer
Developer

13 Nov 2014, 11:36 am

Welcome! 8)

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 6:11 pm

Welcome to WP!

HinaHantaCutie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2015, 9:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It seems as if his Asperger's doesn't affect you too much--that you accept it wholeheartedly.

It's actually a pretty rare sight in this Forum: a person who accepts an Aspergian mate unconditionally.

Are there times when his Asperger's could be a problem for you? I know my Asperger's has been a source of irritation for at least a few of my girlfriends.

I realized how many things I haven't responded to :( I apologize. I actually found out recently that I could also have a high functioning ASD.

About his Asperger's becoming a problem for me; nah, I accept him unconditionally. He's amazing and I wish to support him. I can understand a lot of his issues; he recently bought up with me (just like many others have previously) that I might possibly have an ASD. Maybe that's why we understand each other so well :D I've usually gotten along with and related to friends with Asperger's or autism than I have with neurotypicals. :)

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm

Welcome!

HinaHantaCutie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2015, 10:02 pm

Thank you, ominous! :)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 4:33 am

HinaHantaCutie wrote:
About his Asperger's becoming a problem for me; nah, I accept him unconditionally. He's amazing and I wish to support him. I can understand a lot of his issues; he recently bought up with me (just like many others have previously) that I might possibly have an ASD. Maybe that's why we understand each other so well :D I've usually gotten along with and related to friends with Asperger's or autism than I have with neurotypicals. :)

wonderful partner. we need more of your kind. do you plan on seeking a full official dx someday?

i've never met another aspie, ever (that i know of) offline. 8O just one girl that has a trait or two...who shares maybe an interest. trying to get to know her.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.