Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

PixieCat
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2014, 2:33 pm

Hello, I'm Pix.

We're a whole family of problems and dysfunction. I'm currently being assessed for ASD and my two lads (3, 5) are both affected by delays and behavioural issues. The youngest has quite severe speech delay, has been seen by LIPS and is on the waiting list for Speech Therapy. His nursery key worker has noted he has little interest in other children and prefers solitude, and during times of stress he withdraws completely and either plays with his beloved square (a flat square of mega block plastic with 16 smaller squares stuck on top, which he's had for 6 months now and hasn't really left it alone since, he takes it to bed, to nursery, to his Dad's etc and woe betide anyone that touches the thing) or tenses up and shakes, or spins. He's a very boisterous little man who enjoys the company of adults but dislikes the random touches/noises that other children bring, has an incredibly high pain threshold and is showing no signs of being ready to use the toilet. My eldest has emotional problems and behavioural issues, although he's very bright (much like his brother) he spends half the week in a special education setting based in the school. He's in the mainstream classroom every afternoon and all day Friday, but he's just getting worse and worse. He has 2 friends, one in the mainstream class and the other in his SE group. I have so many concerns for both of them, but they're such wonderful, bright little people.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 3:14 pm

Hey PixieCat welcome. :sunny:

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 3:17 pm

I am not a qualified professional and cannot make a diagnosis.

However, off the top of my head, I think y'all will fit right in. We <3 oddballs and wingnuts.

Come by the Parents' Discussion. Good group of people over there.

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2014, 3:33 pm

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 7:26 pm

Welcome PixieCat :)

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 2:50 am

welcome to the site. 8)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

JohnnyC
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Nov 2014, 8:01 pm

PixieCat wrote:
Hello, I'm Pix.

We're a whole family of problems and dysfunction. I'm currently being assessed for ASD and my two lads (3, 5) are both affected by delays and behavioural issues. The youngest has quite severe speech delay, has been seen by LIPS and is on the waiting list for Speech Therapy. His nursery key worker has noted he has little interest in other children and prefers solitude, and during times of stress he withdraws completely and either plays with his beloved square (a flat square of mega block plastic with 16 smaller squares stuck on top, which he's had for 6 months now and hasn't really left it alone since, he takes it to bed, to nursery, to his Dad's etc and woe betide anyone that touches the thing) or tenses up and shakes, or spins. He's a very boisterous little man who enjoys the company of adults but dislikes the random touches/noises that other children bring, has an incredibly high pain threshold and is showing no signs of being ready to use the toilet. My eldest has emotional problems and behavioural issues, although he's very bright (much like his brother) he spends half the week in a special education setting based in the school. He's in the mainstream classroom every afternoon and all day Friday, but he's just getting worse and worse. He has Hi. John c. I know how you feel John. C2 friends, one in the mainstream class and the other in his SE group. I have so many concerns for both of them, but they're such wonderful, bright little people.

JohnnyC

15 Nov 2014, 8:01 pm

PixieCat wrote:
Hello, I'm Pix.

We're a whole family of problems and dysfunction. I'm currently being assessed for ASD and my two lads (3, 5) are both affected by delays and behavioural issues. The youngest has quite severe speech delay, has been seen by LIPS and is on the waiting list for Speech Therapy. His nursery key worker has noted he has little interest in other children and prefers solitude, and during times of stress he withdraws completely and either plays with his beloved square (a flat square of mega block plastic with 16 smaller squares stuck on top, which he's had for 6 months now and hasn't really left it alone since, he takes it to bed, to nursery, to his Dad's etc and woe betide anyone that touches the thing) or tenses up and shakes, or spins. He's a very boisterous little man who enjoys the company of adults but dislikes the random touches/noises that other children bring, has an incredibly high pain threshold and is showing no signs of being ready to use the toilet. My eldest has emotional problems and behavioural issues, although he's very bright (much like his brother) he spends half the week in a special education setting based in the school. He's in the mainstream classroom every afternoon and all day Friday, but he's just getting worse and worse. He has Hi. John c. I know how you feel John. C2 friends, one in the mainstream class and the other in his SE group. I have so many concerns for both of them, but they're such wonderful, bright little people.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 6:04 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!