My last shot at socializing with other people

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

seancal
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Nov 2014, 2:48 am

Hello. My name is Sean. I'm 29 years old and have attempted socialization thousands of times with no results. I'm either ignored completely or banned the minute I say something unpopular. As I will likely not live very much longer, I am making one final attempt at socialization with other human beings. Anyone interested?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 3:54 am

Hey Sean welcome. :sunny:

questor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 5:28 am

Hi Sean! Welcome to Wrong Planet! There are many interesting and helpful forums here.

Life isn't perfect, so you aren't always going to get things right. Perhaps you can ask a relative, or respected mentor for some tips on improving your social skills. At least here at WP you don't have to worry about interpreting body or face language. This site can be a real help that way. So don't be a stranger here.

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2014, 10:03 am

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 10:09 am

Welocme! :)

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 10:33 am

seancal wrote:
Hello. My name is Sean. I'm 29 years old and have attempted socialization thousands of times with no results. I'm either ignored completely or banned the minute I say something unpopular. As I will likely not live very much longer, I am making one final attempt at socialization with other human beings. Anyone interested?

I have had a similar experience

lauramolony
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Nov 2014, 11:15 am

seancal wrote:
Hello, Sean welcome to wrong planet. Ever since I was nursery/kindergarten age, I was always treated as the weird kid who no-one wanted so I know exactly how you may feel. Over the years, I have learned that it helps a lot when you tell people about your autism or aspergers and if you give them some written information about it. Ok some people will treat you less favoribly, than others, sadly that's just through mis-information and and human nature, a fear of the unknown but you'll also find there will be many people who will be more willing to interact with you and to help you get by. Whatever you decide to do., don't give up. :salut:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 11:44 am

Hey Sean,

All you have to do to be successful is to practice diplomacy. Don't say EVERYTHING that's on your mind.

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 12:09 pm

Welcome, Sean. Make yourself at home with us.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

14 Nov 2014, 12:50 pm

You keep trying. Social blunders get better that way. There are billions of people to practice on. And welcome!

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

seancal
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2014, 5:30 pm

Thank you to all who replied, but I've decided not to stay here. The place is dead, feels like a run-down hotel with no guests. I'll find somewhere else to go.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm

You should REALLY explore this site. People say kookie and funny things sometimes. There's also lots of good knowledge and pretty girls.

InTheOutLand
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2014, 9:31 pm

seancal wrote:
Thank you to all who replied, but I've decided not to stay here. The place is dead, feels like a run-down hotel with no guests. I'll find somewhere else to go.

Sean, are you still around? Don't give up too soon. There are people who care. You have to give it time to start to feel more at home anywhere.

But for people with Asperger's that can be a challenge.

I was on another forum on another website (not for Aspergers), and had some really controlling person rip me a new one for being honest about my own feelings on a subject that is sensitive to me. I couldn't believe they could be so rude.

But isn't that why we come to this site? To try to make a connection with our kind of 'normal'?

Hang in there, you'll be alright.

glassyheart
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2014, 2:12 am

Nightingale121 wrote:
Welocme! :)
hi there. i am Asma.hi every one.my English is not that great either.i tried the chatroom here and i almost drawned lol.SEAN u can be my friend if u promesed to try one more time,every day at a time to breath.something good will happen. :heart:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 12:56 pm

Hello, Sean. Welcome to Wrong planet. :)

PS- I know how you feel. I really wanted to talk with my friends again through the Internet recently, but they all ignore me. :( I don't know if it was something bad I said to them by mistake, or they're very busy and all. I came to Wrongplanet too so I can hopefully get to talk to people like us.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:48 pm

Sean sounds like me. It been very hard to make friends all my life, I have some friends on the internet but they are too busy. I have a best friend online, she is a great friend.