Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

bbaker57
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2014, 11:25 am

Hi I'm new here, I'll go by B for now. I'm a 24 year old male and I'm here because I don't know what to do really. I haven't seen anyone or done anything officially but I began reading about aspergers just to gain a grasp on what it was. I had been struggling on my own to wonder what it was about me that didn't quite click with other people. I had thought I was just weird or had bad social skills or some sort of mental problem that didn't allow me to process what to do in social situations. I could process what was going on I could understand what the other person was going through but I had to force myself to actually show the emotion they were showing and even then I felt like I was imitating what id seen others do. Things like that. The. I started reading about what aspergers actually is and it lead me to read about people's stories and struggles and I've been able to identify with many of them. Many of the stories here. Little things that pertain to aspies that I would have never known I've learned here and just seeing these symptoms in these stories and noticing that I have done that and do do that has me questioning whether I too have aspergers or not. I'm not a very outspoken person, even on the internet. I don't ask for help much or what to do and I never have and don't know why. But this forum and seeing all these similar stories has helped me feel a whole lot better. I don't know how forums work really either so if I'm slow to reply or it's easier to message me please do. As I said I am undisguised and don't even know where to begin looking for information like that. Thank you and I hope to hear from some of you.

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2014, 11:26 am

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

bbaker57
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2014, 11:28 am

I mean undiagnosed not undisguised in the last part there.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 12:08 pm

Hey bbaker57 welcome. :sunny:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 1:41 pm

Hello, B. Welcome to Wrongplanet. :)

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 6:17 pm

Welcome to the forum!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 5:13 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 9:35 pm

Hello!

Extremely helpful book (look up the author's websites and articles online too) is:

The Complete Guide to Aspergers by Tony Attwood. You will either relate to what he writes, or you won't. Many members here who read it found it the most helpful of the books available when they were beginning their search for answers, information and trying to sort out what their issues actually were.

I hope your journey gives you the answers you are seeking.

Welcome to Wrong Planet!