Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SmokedFool
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm

I have just recently joined the forums here, was looking for some signs that others experience the same issues as me, hopefully get some insights on what i can do to manage myself and actually do things.

Recently diagnosed as being on the aspergers spectrum at 32 years of age, my psychologist has stated i am on the mild end, I can still manage to do a lot of things, learned a number of processes over the years and have some scripts in my repertoire for interacting with people.

I did take the Aspie quiz after seeing it mentioned on here by a few people, it has me at 155/200 neurodiverse and 61/200 neurotypical. Which like most online quizes, is interesting, curious to see how that relates to others.

Struggling with the family side of the diagnosis, my wife has not coped very well with the diagnosis to the point she has asked me not to talk to other family members about it yet. Going to have a session with my psychologist and her to try and give her a better picture than i am probably giving her.

anyway, happy to have found this place and hope to be able to both help others and myself by being here.

Shelldor2015
Raven
Raven

Location: In a Bob Ross painting looking at pretty little clouds and talking to happy little trees.

18 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm

Greetings and welcome. I too was diagnosed later in life just this past year. It took me almost two years to get diagnosed, but the wait was worth it. My diagnosing psychologist said I was a moderate Aspie. It affects my life daily. I don't work. Frequent meltdowns. It sucks. I am just glad that it has a name. I thought I was just crazy.

AQ 46

"If there is a 50-50 chance something will go wrong, 9 times out of 10 it will" Paul Harvey

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 7:53 pm

Hey SmokedFool welcome. :sunny:

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 9:08 pm

Welcome!

InTheOutLand
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2014, 9:14 pm

This is my first post here. My psychologist told me about this site a while back. Then someone else recently told me about it. So, I finally thought I'd check it out.

I was hesitant as I am tired of not connecting well with people, and if one finds rejection among their 'own kind' too, that would really suck!

But here I am....deep breath.....

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 7:26 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 1:05 pm

Hello, Smokey. Welcome to Wrongplanet. :)