Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Samniss Arandeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2014, 4:48 pm

I am Samniss Arandeen. Yes, my username is two female names welded together (and I am a fan of both of the women named), but I'm a 20 year old guy.

I enjoy cars. I mostly enjoy anything with a stick shift and rear wheel drive, moar cylinders and/or forced induction is a bonus. But if it's fun to work on, I can get behind it.

I enjoy movies as well. If it's good, hooray! If it's bad, at least I can MST3K the crap out of it. If it's horrible...well, I can rant for hours and swear like a sailor at it.

But mostly, whatever picks up my interest, I'll gladly spend hours reading up on the subject, learning all I can about it.

Lastly, I am a rather outspoken Libertarian. Make of that what you will.

"Now I've got something I want to protect. It's you." -Howl Pendragon
"I must be on another planet." -Daria Morgendorffer
"I volunteer! I volunteer as Tribute!" -Katniss Everdeen

GearGirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm

Hey there. I'm also very interested in cars and movies. What are some of your favorite cars?

Shelldor2015
Raven
Raven

Location: In a Bob Ross painting looking at pretty little clouds and talking to happy little trees.

23 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm

Welcome! I am a car guy, too. I have recently taken s liking to 70s and 80s funny (flopper) cars.

AQ 46

"If there is a 50-50 chance something will go wrong, 9 times out of 10 it will" Paul Harvey

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. I can safely say that cars are my biggest Aspie obsession. I have a 1986 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon, so even though she isn't the fastest car around, she gets attention for being something not really seen that much. :) What kind of cars do you like?

Samniss Arandeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2014, 9:19 pm

GearGirl wrote:
Hey there. I'm also very interested in cars and movies. What are some of your favorite cars?

I take it that's why you're called Gear Girl? :D

Shelldor2015 wrote:
Welcome! I am a car guy, too. I have recently taken s liking to 70s and 80s funny (flopper) cars.

Funny cars? You mean cars painted to look like actual production cars, but are in fact dragsters? I hate straight lines and drag races. I prefer road courses and ovals, those prove the actual skill of driver, rather than the amount of money some [expletive deleted] overpaid brainless [expletive deleted] hick has to throw down a quarter [expletive deleted] mile!! !

AspergersActor8693 wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet. I can safely say that cars are my biggest Aspie obsession. I have a 1986 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon, so even though she isn't the fastest car around, she gets attention for being something not really seen that much. :) What kind of cars do you like?

AMC, eh? I don't see a lot of those around anymore. As for cars being an Aspie obsession, yeah, guess what happened to me among both car enthusiast circles and the general high school social pecking order? I'll give you a hint: The car guys would pick on me for my unusual (for them) choice of cars, and everyone else would pick on me for being a car guy period, on top of being an Aspie.

---

MY LIST OF FAVORITE CARS, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.
Chevrolet Corvette, especially the C2 and every generation since (and including) C5.
Nissan Skyline GTR R34. The R35 can suck [the rest of this sentence has been deleted in accordance with the Parents' Television Council guidelines.]
BMW E39 M5. This is the car I learned stick on.
BMW E92 M3. This is the car that first got me into cars beyond a "oh, that's cool" casual attitude.
Mazda Miata. My dream car, I want to do an LS swap into one. Oh yeah. :D
Nissan 240SX. Throw one sideways around a corner, and you will have experienced the pinnacle of human enjoyment and fun.
Dodge Charger Daytona. They certainly knew how to make a car look and perform AMAZING back in 1969.
Ferrari 360 CS. One of two Ferraris I've driven, the only one of the two with a stick, and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of Prancing Horse.
Lucra LC470. It weighs nothing and has a 6.2 liter V8 making up to 600 horsepower, what else do you want?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 10:06 pm

Hey Samniss Arandeen welcome. :sunny:

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Nov 2014, 10:39 pm

welcome!

Shelldor2015
Raven
Raven

Location: In a Bob Ross painting looking at pretty little clouds and talking to happy little trees.

23 Nov 2014, 10:44 pm

I just like the look of the cars. That's all.

AQ 46

"If there is a 50-50 chance something will go wrong, 9 times out of 10 it will" Paul Harvey

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 11:12 pm

Quote:
The car guys would pick on me for my unusual (for them) choice of cars

I understand that. Us AMC-er's get that garbage all the time from people who's knowledge of AMC's are solely from whatever worlds worst/ugliest car blog list they saw on the internet, not bothering to realize that if properly cared for, they can be very reliable and dependable cars. The 258 I6 my Eagle has (also used in Jeeps) is bullet proof and can keep going while the rest of the vehicle falls apart around it. There is a reason the AMC inline 6 lasted so long (1964-2006).

I also would love a corvette. That is the one car that I have always wanted as a kid. My dad has a 1957 Chevrolet 210 Sedan which someday I hope will be passed on to me. That is where my desire to drive an old car originated.

My friend has a 1990 Nissan 240SX. I rode in it once. It definitely felt like a fun car, but with how low it was to the ground and the springs, it was rough on bumpy roads. From what I've heard, he's installing an Infiniti V8 in it. :)

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2014, 11:09 am

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

Samniss Arandeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2014, 3:56 pm

AspergersActor8693 wrote:
Us AMC-er's get that garbage all the time from people who's knowledge of AMC's are solely from whatever worlds worst/ugliest car blog list they saw on the internet, not bothering to realize that if properly cared for, they can be very reliable and dependable cars. The 258 I6 my Eagle has (also used in Jeeps) is bullet proof and can keep going while the rest of the vehicle falls apart around it. There is a reason the AMC inline 6 lasted so long (1964-2006).

Well, I'll just respond with this quote.

"Poor Gremmie...I'm thinking right now I'm real glad I don't have an oil pressure gauge!" -David Freiburger, racing a Gremlin around Willow Springs