Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 9:41 am

Hello. My name is Matt, though most people usually call me Skibz. I'm 26, born and raised in So Cal...and other stuff, I guess...

Though I had a turbulent childhood replete with selective mutism and social anxiety, I wasn't diagnosed with Aspergers until high school but I didn't really understand what AS entailed and didn't wholly agree with it. Around that time I had also started experiencing the onset of bipolar, which was a beast unto itself and overshadowed any thoughts I had about AS. In recent years I've begun to understand Aspergers a lot better, but the less-than-positive reputation I found it had on the internet made me back away from identifying with it, something which was undoubtedly a detriment to a lot of relationships I've had since. Only recently I've become open about it, but seeing that I have practically no kind of AS friends or support network for it, I decided to take a leap and join this forum.

Online I can be quite extroverted and amicable, but it takes me a while to acclimate to any new environment before I can start posting with some semblance of regularity. Thanks for reading, and it's nice meeting you all.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 10:08 am

heya, matt. welcome. what sorts of things do you enjoy doing?

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 10:22 am

cathylynn wrote:
heya, matt. welcome. what sorts of things do you enjoy doing?

Thanks. Namely, I guess my interests are primarily centered on the arts. I'm a self-taught musician, a comprehensive film buff and I spend most of my spare time writing. Now if only I could somehow channel it into a career, I'd be set.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 10:32 am

i've heard that elance.com is a good place to find freelance writing assignments. i share your love of music. used to play tuba, piano, violin, and self-taught rhythm guitar. now i just sing in the local chorale. :)

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Nov 2014, 12:05 pm

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 1:21 pm

Hey Matt welcome. :sunny: