Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2015, 10:16 pm

Any particular reason why? I can't see it for some reason.

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2015, 7:56 pm

Two things to try:

1) Go to My Account > Edit Signature (or just click this link -- same page). and verify your signature is there. If it's not, make sure you click the "Submit" button when you create one. It's in an odd spot, at the bottom-left of the page, with preview and reset.

2) Go to My Account > Board Preferences > Edit posting defaults (or click here) and make sure "Attach signature by default" is set to "Yes".

Once that's done, you should be able to see your signature even while previewing posts. There's a checkbox under the smilies that reads "Attach a signature", but it should be checked by default if you've done option #2.

One thing to keep in mind: posts made before you have any kind of signature won't display any signatures at all. Only new posts made since you add a signature will show them. Also, the two above URL's apply only to the currently-logged-in user, so don't worry about others being able to edit your signature.

Let us know how it works! :D

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 4:33 am

No can do. I don't have this command My Account > Board Preferences > Edit posting defaults. I don't have it, this Edit posting defaults. I hope you can help me.

Yours truly Krabo

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 5:45 am

Kiprobalhato. I am looking at you. Any help available?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 9:03 pm

Dearest Krabo,

you can access that page by clicking your Inbox at the top of the page in place of My Account (which only redirects you to the new profile editing page) then going to Board preferences > Edit Posting Defaults as usual, on the left.

OR....you can click this clicky. http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post

it doesn't have the ability to add/edit the signature, there is currently no way, but if all you needed was to get to that page, there you have it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2015, 10:58 am

Shep wrote:
Two things to try:

1) Go to My Account > Edit Signature (or just click this link -- same page). and verify your signature is there. If it's not, make sure you click the "Submit" button when you create one. It's in an odd spot, at the bottom-left of the page, with preview and reset.

When I go to that page, not only do I not see my signature, there is no way to edit and/or create one, but obviously, my old one is being added to my posts. Man, this is really messed up.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 11:45 am

I had the same issue. There was no way to change it so I shut off the automatic signature so I have none for now.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 6:11 pm

Any word on when this might get fixed?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 12:04 pm

I did wonder about using signatures on this site as I can see no means of adding one. Usually it's a very simple process with most other forum software.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 4:45 pm

Mike_the_EE wrote:
Shep wrote:
Two things to try:

When I go to that page, not only do I not see my signature, there is no way to edit and/or create one, but obviously, my old one is being added to my posts. Man, this is really messed up.

I believe he (Shep) posted that before we started having problems with changing our signatures.

Anyway, I am also curious to know when this will get fixed so I can fix my signature.

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2015, 5:25 pm

WitchsCat wrote:
Mike_the_EE wrote:
Shep wrote:
Two things to try:

I believe he (Shep) posted that before we started having problems with changing our signatures.

Anyway, I am also curious to know when this will get fixed so I can fix my signature.

Yes, I thought that was probably the case. I hope that I wouldn't miss something that obvious. My guess is that Alex discovered the problem but found that the fix would not be something quick, so he temporarily removed the button to keep things from getting worse. Of course, all of that is just a guess.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

NoGyroApproach
Raven
Raven

26 Apr 2015, 10:20 am

Mike_the_EE wrote:
Shep wrote:
Two things to try:

I have the same problem as Mike. Can this be fixed? Does this have something to do with when everything was changed over to a new system?

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2015, 12:07 pm

NoGyroApproach wrote:
Mike_the_EE wrote:
Shep wrote:
Two things to try:

I have the same problem as Mike. Can this be fixed? Does this have something to do with when everything was changed over to a new system?

I believe that this is just one of the many bugs that the new site has. I saw in another thread where Alex was asking for programmers to help debug the code. The good news is that I'm sure that it is being worked on. The bad news is that I have no idea how long it will take to fix. My guess it that it is going to take a looooong time.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 1:47 pm

NoGyroApproach wrote:

sort of, yes. there was the first, biggest stage of the migration in november. most everything was fine, then. a second revamp affecting mainly the profiles occurred early in february, which is the source of most of the bugs users have been pointing out.

i read one post by a user involved in the site move that the site (tables, avatars, etc) was being backed up so they can test some new features and possibly fixes in a development environment. but that was months ago. or it's possible they were planning to return the site to it's state before that second upgrade.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Apr 2015, 1:49 pm

Am working in getting these bugs fixed

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2015, 3:27 pm

alex wrote: