Feedback on the NEW WrongPlanet site.

Page 14 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 11:17 pm

Ganondox wrote:
The main page is broken, it shows a bunch of the same option asking about diagnosis, but nothing can be done about it, it's otherwise just a white page.

I've had that happen to me a few times.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 3:24 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
The main page is broken, it shows a bunch of the same option asking about diagnosis, but nothing can be done about it, it's otherwise just a white page.

I've had that happen to me a few times.

It happens to me everytime, and it's been happening for awhile now. There was a time when the new main page worked though.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2015, 7:51 am

Just an FYI: I found two links that consistently gave IP Permaban messages, so I posted a thread about it. Seems to have been fixed since then, but no one responded, so I deleted the thread. Not sure if it was just being temperamental or if one of the 20 views was someone who fixed it. Not complaining either way, but it did truncate one of the two links when it automatically parsed it. Seems like if you just paste a link that exceeds a certain length without surrounding it in "url" tags, then it puts an ellipsis in the link to shrink it down, then parses it after it's done that, which leads to broken links. It did this to one of the two links, but not the other.

Maybe this will help, but the first link which it did NOT truncate was 44 characters long, while the second that it DID truncate was 54 characters long. Just a hunch, but I suspect it's using 45 or 50 as a baseline, and that's why it only did the one and not the other. Seems like it should be parsing it as a link, and then truncating it, not the other way around.

EDIT:
I think I know why double-posts seem to be more common too. When you click "Submit" on a post, it looks like nothing happens, but if you look closely at the browser tab, you see the wheel spinning. Might alleviate the problem if you disabled the button or displayed a message in the OnClick event of the Submit button to make it obvious that it's doing something, even if the server takes a while to respond (slow connection, long queue, etc.)

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 11:35 am

After an absence of many months from WrongPlanet I returned mainly to see if my login still worked more than anything, new forum popped up, gave it a try with my original login, that didn't work as the password hadn't transferred so had to request a new one, that's my only real complaint thus far, other account settings made it just fine, though I had to change a couple of things that were out of date, no problem, works fine.

Displays fine on Google Chrome as I hoped (PC and Android tablet), mobile site appears fine on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505), so I really have no complaints, it's different but it does the job and I expect there will still be underlying bugs but nothing is perfect

Otherwise, a good job well done, the old design was, in my opinion, starting to become dated

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 12:06 pm

Glad to see that the raft of ads, which used to appear after the topmost post on each page, has apparently been banished.

That really was a bit much!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 6:58 am

How about a FAQ or just instructions one the new forum features? Something all in one place, like a sticky would really be nice. You could also include instructions on some of the regular features that were already here, and even instructions for the basic stuff. I'm asking this because after reading this thread it seems that there's stuff that's been here that I didn't know about or how it worked and I've been here for years! When you write it, just assume there is a 50 year old lady sitting beside you pointing at every single thing and saying "What's this do?" cause that's exactly the FAQ I really need.

Please.

Pretty, please.

With sugar on top.

Really.

ETA; Even explain the things you think are obvious and self explanatory. And explain how to work things that involve more than one step or can do more than one thing. Give me a step by step instruction please. Remember, not everybody is as familiar with the internet as others, some of us remember when the closest you could get to this type of interaction were round robin letters sent in snail mail, or three way dialing phone calls.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 6:53 am

The new site needs improvements, certain features of the old site were more accommodating of differing needs and abilities. The new site might function better from an administration perspective, but those improvements do not impact on me when I reply to a post. The occasional glitch is not as irritating as the new barriers to communication are.

What I notice and experience is a lack of ergonomic design. From one members perspective after using the new site for a reasonable quantity of time, it seems to have taken some nuanced steps backwards.

My suggestions:
Reinstate the old editing time, the inability to correct errors is becoming very frustrating, 20 minutes is an anxiety inducing insufficient time frame, please accommodate differing levels of abilities/needs.

Reinstate the old ability to zoom on tablets.

The quote button is used much more frequently than the report button; please alter the sizes to reflect this.

Many of the adult members are not digital natives, please accommodate them, perhaps an overview of the changes/how to guides could be useful.

The background bright white is not ergonomic; please tone it down from fluorescent to a soft shade, like the old site.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 7:12 pm

When I logged in today and was sent immediately to the new profile/my account page I saw my diagnosis option has changed from "Other Autism Spectrum Disorder" to "Have Asperger's -- diagnosed" . I changed it back with no problems so this is just an FYI in case there is a glitch in the system or something.

Also, how come you guys haven't added other specific diagnoses like Autistic Disorder/Childhood Autism/Classic Autism and PDD-NOS/Atypical Autism? (That PDD-NOS/Atypical Autism and Autistic Disorder/Childhood Autism don't exist in the DSM anymore and may not exist in the upcoming ICD is not a good reason to not include them as diagnosis options for the new site, given Asperger's is no different in that respect.)

Love transcends all.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 11:34 pm

I always click the keep me logged in box, but every so often I open and it's logged off.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 12:34 am

I like the new login widget, but hate the short editing time and lack of custom titles. I know that you guys can't do anything about the custom titles, but 20 minutes passes by fast for me, often too fast to make sufficient edits.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 12:59 pm

I used to use the "search Eggheadjr's postings" link on my profile page as it was the only search link that gave me my postings based on when I last posted to a forum (as opposed to the "View Your Posts" link).

Sadly, the search postings link is now gone from the profile page - any chance of bringing it back?

:D

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 5:21 pm

^seems to be back...on your profile page, cllck 'view all' under 'recent forum activity'. :)

i was worried when i saw it gone, not because i'm a narcissist who likes to read his own posts, but because it was very useful when dealing with prolific spambots, to see if i had missed anything that wasn't reported when i was splitting off spam posts.

and on another note, diagnosis is public again! neat.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:38 am

It looked like my diagnosis selection got changed to "Have Asperger's -- Diagnosed" again today and I don't know why, if it was changed.

Is it not actually changing and it's just that when I get taken to the "update profile" page it automatically resets to that as a default or something?

Love transcends all.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^seems to be back...on your profile page, cllck 'view all' under 'recent forum activity'. :)

i was worried when i saw it gone, not because i'm a narcissist who likes to read his own posts, but because it was very useful when dealing with prolific spambots, to see if i had missed anything that wasn't reported when i was splitting off spam posts.

and on another note, diagnosis is public again! neat.

^^^ You are correct - works great! I like it because I can see what other people said on a posting after I threw in my two bits. :D

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm

I cannot seem to change my sig or even my avatar on these forums.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 7:06 pm

^^ you can, at the very least, remove the option to attach your sig by default by going under "edit posting defaults", under "board preferences" in the links just to the left of your inbox.

the avatar-changing module should be on the very bottom of your account editing page. or are you getting errors?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.