what is this now...cant edit picture/avatar?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 3:38 am

So I wanted to change my pic....so went to the 'my account' tab and went and uploaded a different image....this different image shows up on the part of the 'my account' section that shows your picture as well as a thumb-nail and has the link to upload and update profile.

But when I look back at my posts its still the picture I initially had, and if I make new posts its still the previous picture. Is there any way to make the new image I uploaded show up as my avatar that I need clued in on...or is it a site bug needing worked out? Just really frustrating since I have been wanting to change my pic for a while and when I finally get around to it, it just doesn't work.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Feb 2015, 5:20 am

Bugs. They seem to be working on them, albeit rather slowly.

serenaserenaserena wrote:
I can no longer find the feature to change my signature either. I also updated my profile picture and display name, and they aren't changing.

Thread here:

Can't Change My Signature!

questor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 8:57 am

I was just thinking of changing my own avatar, and wanted to go through the site collection to find a new one. When I clicked on the browse button for avatars on my account page, instead of taking me to the site collection, it popped up a window with folders from my own PC in it, so I could browse in my PC files. Most of my pix are scenic, and I want something different for my avatar, so I'd rather go through the site collection again. I haven't done that in a long time, but there must be a bug, because I can't get into that part of the site. I don't have a particular pix in mind, so I need to browse, until something strikes my fancy. If I can't get into the site pix I will probably just keep my current avatar. :roll:

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 10:06 am

Same here, wanted to change my avatar but it didn't change :'•

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 4:52 pm

Same here.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 10:45 pm

I'm also having a hard time changing my avatar. I have a really cuddly picture of Mick that I want to use.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 6:17 pm

I didn't have an avatar, I uploaded one today but it isn't showing either. It shows on my profile page but not as an avatar on my posts.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 6:33 pm

I'm still having a hard time changing my avatar and I haven't been around much because of it. I thought the new WP wasn't going to have any bugs.

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Mar 2015, 12:58 pm

Forever waiting to no longer be without an avatar...

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 8:11 pm

I am having this issue too. Not only can I not change my avatar, but my location also remains unchanged. :?

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 7:06 am

I've also noticed that on my account settings that my new avatar picture is showing there, but on all my posts the previous one remains the same. Is there a bug or glitch in the system?

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 9:49 am

This really annoys me, :evil: I still have a dragon in the snow and it's becoming 90F everyday here.
I changed it to another dragon 4 days ago and it won't show! :cry:

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 8:05 pm

Been on a WP break and was checking back hoping there'd be some news. This isn't the only issue I'm having. :(

Back on break, then.