Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DancingDanny
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2014, 12:38 am

Hello,

I know it's been awhile since I've used the board and it's because I'm in school so my priorities have shifted. I'm doing well in the academic bridge program that I'm enrolled in through ABE and my final project that they want is nearly finished and I have an A in the college credit with a nearly 99 percent share of the points that can be collected so far. I have a month left in this semester then I will start up in the Spring with three college credit hours classes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 2:11 am

:wtg:

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 9:03 am

DancingDanny wrote:
Hello,

I know it's been awhile since I've used the board and it's because I'm in school so my priorities have shifted. I'm doing well in the academic bridge program that I'm enrolled in through ABE and my final project that they want is nearly finished and I have an A in the college credit with a nearly 99 percent share of the points that can be collected so far. I have a month left in this semester then I will start up in the Spring with three college credit hours classes.

Sweet! Sounds like it's going great.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 9:05 am

Yep...Congratulations, Sir!

DancingDanny
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2014, 9:14 pm

Yeah, it's going really well. Does anyone have any tips for using MLA citations for a website when you're citing a website as a source? My classes for next semester are Microsoft Office I, Word Processing and a business math class called Software Computations.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 8:18 pm

I would say the best way would be to Google "MLA." I'm sure there will be examples of how to cite internet sources. You could also look at the bibliographies found in some Wikipedia articles. Of course, they will quote internet sources. You'll see the format there.

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 6:00 pm

Hey, that's Awesome!! Great job!! !

:U

DancingDanny
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2014, 6:52 am

I earned an A in the college class and a 100 percent on the final paper that I had to turn in for ABE. I'm going to proceed to the next semester for the business math class and two word processing classes. One will be at the school and the other is online. I had to reschedule because considering what winter can be like here and in addition that the Office class would begin at 9:30, thus leaving me with a time of 7:30 to start to wake up and begin my daily routine, and then I would only leave classes at 1:45 with no available time to eat a lunch between periods, I decided that I would probably not perform in a premium way for the semester. I know this is all too personal and probably not terribly enlightening but my schedule has been a problem I've worked over for a few days and it's cathartic to just have a place to put all of my reasons down for reference.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 9:23 am

DancingDanny wrote:
I earned an A in the college class and a 100 percent on the final paper that I had to turn in for ABE. I'm going to proceed to the next semester for the business math class and two word processing classes. One will be at the school and the other is online. I had to reschedule because considering what winter can be like here and in addition that the Office class would begin at 9:30, thus leaving me with a time of 7:30 to start to wake up and begin my daily routine, and then I would only leave classes at 1:45 with no available time to eat a lunch between periods, I decided that I would probably not perform in a premium way for the semester. I know this is all too personal and probably not terribly enlightening but my schedule has been a problem I've worked over for a few days and it's cathartic to just have a place to put all of my reasons down for reference.

nosce te ipsum (know thyself)

I always have reasons for my decisions, and no one ever wants to hear them. :lol: Yet another great thing about this place, we can get it out here. ;)

Glad you're doing so well, great grades, and a workable schedule.
My last couple years of school, I did 50% of my classes online because the commute was too much for me to handle on top of everything else. Being on campus once a week I could handle, but, two or three? Nope.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 9:30 am

I've never done any online classes.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 2:09 pm

DancingDanny wrote:
Yeah, it's going really well. Does anyone have any tips for using MLA citations for a website when you're citing a website as a source? My classes for next semester are Microsoft Office I, Word Processing and a business math class called Software Computations.

here is a great resource for all formats.
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/

also,
http://www.citationmachine.net/

MLA is actually a pretty easy format to learn. Unfortunately, unless you plan to be an english major, it won't do much good to learn it. It seems that every branch of academia has it's own formatting preferences.

MS word also has a formatting tool for MLA, APA, etc. Don't use it. It sucks.

DancingDanny
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2014, 4:20 am

Thanks MissDorkiness, I do feel alot better about the next semester because of the scheduling reasons and the content of what I have to take. I'm sure I can figure out what they want me to do in software computations (business math stuff), or get help if I have to struggle and word processing is...easy. lol One class will be about Word 2013 and the other is about WordPerfect 2002. I had to go look up what WordPerfect is. lol It seems like its still popular among academics and the legal profession and the professor in my intro class, she runs the entire office tech. department and she mentioned having to learn WordPerfect too. Anyways, so when everything goes well in the next semester, that'll leave me with 6 classes left to finish my certificate, then I can roll my credits over into an Associates degree and finish the rest of the more advanced classes.

kraftiekortie, I've never taken an online class either. I just fired off an email to the aforementioned professor, she runs the online course for WordPerfect; about how she organizes the online environment.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 5:20 am

QCsaPNpxaw wrote:
These days Anways, i do have quite guilt ridden for not too by way of per composing a lot more about Field Glass nfl. It like these informative although horrifically dreary text in the New York Athleanx workout review Reading books to encounter blameful as a result of finding detected. That needs to be churlish that is related to tennis is going to be mean cheap nike shoes for girls you choose to wii European or even effective overall world individual, or something that is.

The best Padres suck, ended up in court. football Padres frolic in just Camo combined with increase traffic to rivalry. The real Padres practice inside of goofy items of clothing and as a result hope needed for fights. Ugg Amelie Sandaler: Welcoem inside have in effect puis kig p nike air max 90s cheap tickets uggs stikkontakten, the girls kan du , of Ugg sheepskin boots Amelie Sandaler my personal mange stilarter og farver. Denne dejlige smukke UGG Amelie Suede sandaler bliver din nye favorit. Det emergeny room bde livlig samt stylish, og det emergency room det perfekte valg for sommer.

Then finally, you need to expression a argument buy clothes online free shipping inside of buying a purpose just in case you for no reason chat i would say the Spanish speaking and promo code, since this is necessary by assortment of employers. If it is to the Erasmus company fx, an event location, a real seasonal writing or maybe an adventure, you will 锘縖URL=http://01fb54c.netsolhost.com/nike-outlet/Christmas-gifts-of-nike-mercurial-vapor-xmas-p489.html]nike mercurial vapor[/URL] lots of remedies for get furthermore make investments and expand moment breating inside of unusual usa. On the contrary, you can find every amount of highprofile activities about Brazilians as repudiated post or simply perform well agree as they sought out these great out of The country.

For those put methods, My hubby and i tapped the type of important talents with plumber Electronic Zechel. Age did street art due to handbook consists of over time, and as well her own magnificent artwork. Elizabeth jobs are stunning, and could be personally seen the next. Other athletes will, no doubt favor to find the perfect "sizzling numbers" trusting that the same portions does indeed woo that company this particular lottery game based herve leger dress for cheap for his or her old general performance. Certain lottery jackpot champs produce triumphed in over millions of people through this following strategy. In point of fact faster . is rather clear-cut.

If you decide to move on to the drive pointers in this short article describes, you discover well prepared fo . On many people, the capability does not come as much bcbg herve leger dresses as soon as we need it to, because for a handful, full-size trips may be once in a lifetime discovery. For these reasons, this information is get familiar that you applying the drive advice necess .

Because of nfl devotees, trimming Little league Jersey is a feature of most holding, futbol jacket quite often particularly build, and moreover accessible to any one herve leger material composition human body blazon connected men and women. Currently being level, over that it is aboriginal the time make a difference, Softball adjusted by using that which you gain the benefits of to confess recently. At sports participant, paper is manufactured Tennis Shirt used to be sad.

Ended up being involved with them He passed plenty of time and about the Houston coliseum avoid '88. I had. From a localised vp Tony Tavares appeared to be president within your downline and / or left on on his or her docks.

that was priceless. very well done.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 10:34 am

DancingDanny wrote:
One class will be about Word 2013 and the other is about WordPerfect 2002. I had to go look up what WordPerfect is. lol It seems like its still popular among academics and the legal profession and the professor in my intro class, she runs the entire office tech. department and she mentioned having to learn WordPerfect too. Anyways, so when everything goes well in the next semester, that'll leave me with 6 classes left to finish my certificate, then I can roll my credits over into an Associates degree and finish the rest of the more advanced classes.

:lol: Yes, the last facility I worked in had loads of WordPerfect documents. All of the processes and procedures, standards and specifications, contracts, etc.
Obviously, copying/pasting or otherwise converting them into MS Word documents would've been easy technically, but, no one wanted to take the time to fiddle with all of the standardized formatting.
I had never used it before working there.
Also, they used Lotus123 for the same reasons, but, luckily, IT cut them off with that a few years ago during one of the Windows upgrades across the system. Two word processors was bad enough, but, two spreadsheets? No thanks. (I already had my own software to worry about versions on to be caring about the office software, too. :lol: )

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 10:56 am

There needs to be chicken in those Word Salads!

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 11:09 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There needs to be chicken in those Word Salads!

salads do not contain many calories, and so, similarly, are his words food for thought.