Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mastercraft
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2015, 6:56 am

Ever seen 'The Breakfast Club'? If you haven't, it's a 1980's movie about 5 kids stuck in detention on a Saturday. It had a representative from each of the cliques: the jock, the princess, the nerd, the loner, and the rebel/bully. And nowadays, at least when I was in high school, those cliques are all but gone.

Obviously, nerds are a thing of the past. Everyone has phones and access to computers, and with basic knowledge prevalent, the 'weird kid obsessed with technology' has become either the reclusive troll or the average kid.

But jocks and princesses in my school were almost non-existent. I mean, sure, there were jocks, the athletes who either wore jerseys and school colors or suits. But they were all jokers, and not a single one was a bully. And princesses were completely gone, for some reason.

In fact, aside from the jocks and some girls I called 'divas', the majority of the school was loners. Goths, skaters, emo, gay, you name it. Those weird, black-wearing, make-up covered, pierced people who would be ostracised in any other school were the 99%. And all the bullies were loners too, usually really small Jewish kids with lots of big, brutish friends (Draco Malfoy).

In fact, I was actually the only one who didn't fit, come to think of it. I was infamous in my school, the weird guy with combat boots who stomped through the halls, had no friends and barked at inappropriate times (I wasn't made aware of the ASD until after graduation). All alone and avoided by all.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 8:56 am

It was a school, like any other school. Nothing really "weird" about it.

Did you go on to college? That's the most important thing.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

02 Mar 2015, 9:48 am

Sounds like maybe an inner-city urban school to me. Or a school that had a bad sports program with lots more losses than wins. I wouldn't be surprised if the latter fits more. The schools that have more football season losses than wins seem to have fewer jocks...the ones where sports are #1 and they always win, will have the idiot jocks who make a**es out of themselves because they can...because they are on the #1 ranked state team. I know this for a fact because I lived in a large city near Seattle where their football team was one of the highest ranked in the state. Four months of hell there with two football players always harassing me in PE class...not to mention my PE teacher. Got the heck out of there and the next place I moved to was one of the best schools I've ever been to. And their football team was not the best.

Mastercraft
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2015, 11:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Did you go on to college? That's the most important thing.

Yes, in a way. I went to trade school and took a course in medical billing and computer literacy.

Quote:
Sounds like maybe an inner-city urban school to me. Or a school that had a bad sports program with lots more losses than wins. I wouldn't be surprised if the latter fits more.

Yes, it did have an only somewhat successful football team. We had a few wins, but not as many as others, so that does make sense.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 9:50 am

I don't see anything really "weird" in this school.

I hope there weren't too many affairs between students and teachers--that would really increase the "weird" factor.

I went to a "weird" school: I had 5 other kids in my graduating class. Our basketball team had a 1-25 record (I still didn't make the team!)