Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2011, 12:31 am

i hated my senior prom. shouldn't have gone in the first place! i went stag like the loser that i am only to see if it was worth the time of day. i still regret going to this day. when you're on the spectrum you're bound to be the outcast, the loner, and bully target in school events as well. anyone else felt the same way on their prom?

discuss.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 12:36 am

I didn't go to mine, because I knew that would happen.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Downtown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 May 2011, 9:31 am

ttqs84 wrote:
i hated my senior prom. shouldn't have gone in the first place! i went stag like the loser that i am only to see if it was worth the time of day. i still regret going to this day. when you're on the spectrum you're bound to be the outcast, the loner, and bully target in school events as well. anyone else felt the same way on their prom?

discuss.

I basically felt the same way when I went to my Senior Prom.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 10:40 am

I didn't go to my senior prom. I was not interested in spending all that money on an event that I figured I wouldn't really enjoy, anyway. I never really liked dances or dressing up. Plus, I didn't see it as such a big deal like everybody else was purporting it to be.

If there's anything I regret about not going, it's that one of my good friends ended up with a sucky date. If I had gone, then I could have kept her company.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 4:11 pm

There's no way in heck I'm going to prom this weekend. :)

kepheru
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2011, 10:26 pm

I went to my senior prom. It sucked. I didn't go with anyone, but I got asked to dance out of pity. I said no because I freaked out on the inside and I have no idea how to dance.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 10:31 pm

I did not go to my senior prom because none of the 27 girls that I asked wanted to go with me. Most laughed, made faces, rolled their eyes ... and those were the girls that I thought were nice! No, I did not ask the cheerleaders, the honor students, or any of the other girls that were among the most popular. I asked only those girls that seemed to at least tolerate my existence with polite indifference.

Most of them stayed home, as well. It seems that the girls I went to high school with were all so cruel or stuck-up that they would rather be at home, alone, than be seen in public with me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 12:20 am

Fnord wrote:
I did not go to my senior prom because none of the 27 girls that I asked wanted to go with me. Most laughed, made faces, rolled their eyes ... and those were the girls that I thought were nice!

Yow. 8O That hurts...and royally sucks. :x

so that the people say,

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2011, 6:00 pm

I skipped prom this year. I'm too cool for it. I just stayed home and listened to some Andrew Rose Gregory and Kelley McRae. Besides, I would have weird looks for showing up in a black cocktail dress, not one of those big-ass poofy ball gowns.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 6:48 pm

I only went to my senior prom, and that was with my then girlfriend (who was a freshman). She was pretty much the worst date ever, and she'd go away for 30 minutes at a time (we also broke up 3 days later :lol:) . The music they played really sucked. My whole prom was pretty much rich white kids dancing to gangster rap. I just dipped strawberries into fondue, and talked to a couple good acquaintances the whole time.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 8:14 pm

I went to senior prom with a bunch of my friends and I liked it. :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 2:29 am

Well I did not really feel like paying 100 dollars to dance around to terrible pop music played at loud volume.....with a bunch of classmates that did not give a crap about me. So I actually just stayed home, I can't remember what I did while I was at home but I am sure I enjoyed it a lot more then I would have enjoyed prom

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 1:39 pm

I didn't go to my prom.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 6:42 am

I went to the prom, though I guess it is different in Germany than in the USA (no obligation to come with a partner, for once, we all came with our families). It was not too bad. Of course, it was too crowded and of course, the taxi driver took a longer route home, but apart from that, it was not too bad. However, I would skip a US-style prom as well.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 4:59 am

i didnt go to my year 10 or 12/ final year formal. the idea of dressing up formally disturbs me. i would have been expected to wear a dress(white for purity :eew: ) and heels and make up when i wouldve felt more comfortable in a mens tux. with my family that wouldnt be possible. also dont feel comfortable with the large crowd and loud music at those kinda things. plus i would have had to dance with my dad. i dont like touching him. nor did i particularly care about the people in my year or they for me and i would have felt uncomfortable and bored hanging with them. and when i say with i mean in the same room. i wouldve ended up sitting by myself while everyone danced and talked together. or crying in the toilet. either one. i feel sorry for my friend. she was pressured into doing all of the above even though she hates it. she even untied her hair. she never does that. she wouldnt even let us see pics of her with her hair down. money and time isnt worth it. i stayed at home and did something i have no recollection of. hell of a lot better than going.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 9:42 pm

VMSmith wrote:
i didnt go to my year 10 or 12/ final year formal. the idea of dressing up formally disturbs me. i would have been expected to wear a dress(white for purity :eew: ) and heels and make up when i wouldve felt more comfortable in a mens tux.

So would I. I actually half-jokingly mentioned that possibility at the time and people looked at me like I was nuts.

VMSmith wrote:
with my family that wouldnt be possible. also dont feel comfortable with the large crowd and loud music at those kinda things. plus i would have had to dance with my dad. i dont like touching him. nor did i particularly care about the people in my year or they for me and i would have felt uncomfortable and bored hanging with them. and when i say with i mean in the same room. i wouldve ended up sitting by myself while everyone danced and talked together. or crying in the toilet. either one. i feel sorry for my friend. she was pressured into doing all of the above even though she hates it. she even untied her hair. she never does that. she wouldnt even let us see pics of her with her hair down. money and time isnt worth it. i stayed at home and did something i have no recollection of. hell of a lot better than going.

I agree completely. Those are just some of the reasons I didn't go to mine.

so that the people say,