Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

Benbob wrote:
Well, if all else fails, I'll quit science and cruise my way to a perfect score in an easy subject :P

Your grades are fantastic--why quit something (especially if it is something you like) over one B?? If all you could get was Bs and Cs, understandable that you might consider it. But one B amongst many As is nothing to be so down about that you just quit....

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

Also, going back to that science and engineering comment made earlier:

The impressiveness of the GPA cannot depend exclusively upon subject matter. Some people have science and math come naturally very easy to them. These same people might find concepts learned in philosophy, theology, political science, english, etc very difficult to grasp. These subjects can be just as complex and the sciences.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 2:54 pm

It's been a while since I've checked my transcript, but my GPA in high school is well above 3.0. I think it's over 3.5 now, but like I said, I'd have to check.

paperoceans
Raven
Raven

30 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

3.54 I think. Could've been higher if I got my professor's email on time :oops:

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 9:28 am

I graduated from college with an overall GPA of 3.28 last year.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 8:09 am

I wish to God I hadn't got those Cs :cry:

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 12:32 pm

3.1 ... if it wasn't for the 2 C's in math and the F in Digital Art that the univ. refuses to remove from my record despite me having medical proof that it was in the middle of that semester I found out I was color blind and it was the reason why i was so F'd up in it... bleh.

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2011, 12:51 pm

2.81 GPA for me...but this is the Canadian system, no clue what the USA GPA conversion rate is

TheCaityCat
Raven
Raven

06 Jul 2011, 8:02 pm

My overall undergrad GPA was 3.38 with a 3.6 in my Applied Linguistics major. My grad school GPA was 3.8.

I'm sure if I hadn't wasted time in Political Science my undergrad GPA would have been higher.

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

03 Oct 2011, 1:09 am

So far I racked up a C in English, a B in History during the Summer Session, and am pretty much aiming for A's and B's for Gen Eds, and all A's for Major Requirements. I am hoping to fullfill this goal completely, or at least get close to this goal that I want to accomplish. If not, I am literally f***d if I rack up a lot of C's.

SolitaryOutsider
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Oct 2011, 5:53 am

Hate my GPA. Graduated with 2.956....I got A's and one B during my last four semesters. My "major GPA" is about 3.4 (I think). If only one of my A- grades were a A, I'd have that coveted "3.0". At least I got my Bachelor's of Art's in Unemployment.

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 3:57 pm

I'm currently at 3.648 with 1.5-2 years left to go. I have several B's and a C+ from earlier in my college career, when I was less motivated. Here's my grade breakdown (some classes were 3 and others 4 credit hours, and they're weighted by the number of hours):

A+: 1
A: 10
A-: 1
B+: 0
B: 4
B-: 0
C+: 1
C or worse: 0

A+ does not count any higher than A in the GPA. Pluses and minuses count +/- 0.3 points other than A+.

Grade replacement is possible for up to 10 credit hours, which can wipe the C+ and two of the B's.

I'm trying to graduate with honors, which requires a 3.65. I basically need an A- average from here if I don't do grade replacement.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 7:58 pm

Mine's 8.44 so far, based on the 9-point system used at this school. I'm not sure how to convert, because apparently even the letter grade assignment at my school is different from the standard.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 2:08 pm

I graduated with a 3.17 with a BS in Psychology. I never pass/failed any of my classes, and I had a major depressive episode during my sophomore year of college. Although I didn't fail any of my classes, I think it did affect my GPA a little because my energy level was so low during that time. I also don't think that GPA really matters all that much in the greater scheme of things. I may not have the greatest GPA but I did genuinely care about the subject matter in my major, even if I didn't test as well. In some classes I did fantastic and got A's, while other classes I didn't do so well in. I think part of that was teaching style and trying to find out what the professor thought was important to know for the test. I also don't do as well in math classes because of the sheer amount of homework that I would have. I also made small mistakes, like reversing numbers or putting a decimal point in the wrong place. I'd always check, but then something like that would always be wrong. Sometimes I didn't have time to complete the entire homework assignment, or I was trying to fit it all in with all my other homework and it didn't get done to the quality that I wanted (sometimes it wouldn't get done at all). It was hard fitting school in with sports and band (I had a music scholarship, and I've always loved running so I joined the track and XC teams). Scheduling things and transitional periods were definitely some of the hard things about college. It was hard, but I'm glad I got through it :)

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

fiooo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2011, 8:43 pm

I graduated with a 3.7 and went to a school full of Asian students who were obsessed about grades. There were people who literally spend hours studying everyday. After graduating, they ended in the same jobs with those who studied less and had hobbies/social life. In retrospect, I wish I spent more time socializing and less time studying...Though being in engineering school meant surrounding myself with peers who weren't the most socially adept.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 11:58 pm

3.58-undergrad.

3.73-grad.

Are any employers impressed? Not in the least.