Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 10:46 pm

Hello. I'm 22, but I was just thinking about my childhood. When I was a kid, I used to LOVE pressing on my loose teeth very hard. It felt very good. I also couldn't sleep unless I had pressure on my body.

Do any of you kids here have that still? Did any of you have that when very little, but grew out of it in your pre-teen/teenage years?

StatsNerd
Raven
Raven

10 Jan 2014, 11:15 pm

I love having extra quilts on the bed. Currently we have three, plus the topsheet. When I get into bed, they all need to fit over my head, then be pulled down under my chin. I need my shoulders covered. The weight/pressure of the quilts is fantastic.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 11:20 pm

I too like a lot of weight on me in order to sleep. And I need to be very warm. The most important thing is to keep both my ears coverd, especially when I am on my side.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

Wags
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2014, 12:40 am

Yes I always need pressure on myself when I sleep, sometimes i even sleep with my hand under my back but my hand falls asleep in the morning.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 10:09 pm

Same here. This might seem kind of childish, but I still can't fall asleep without an extra blanket or stuffed animal. :oops:

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 12:09 pm

Personally, I've always had to sleep with all of the heavy blankets over my whole body. This includes my whole head. People wonder how I breathe in there. :lol:

Even in the extreme heat, I have to have at least a sheet. I also can't stand pressure on my feet when I go to sleep. So, I never wear socks.

Hey, I need a new stuffed animal myself. Some of the nice feeling ones against my cheek are perfect for falling asleep with! :D

Allen22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2014, 3:04 am

I love having extra blankets and quilts in my bed......

OrdinaryDanny
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2014, 12:38 pm

I often find it hard to relax without some sort of pressure on my body, especially on my feet. I just cannot stand the feeling of my toenails when sitting or laying down, it makes me want to scream, so in order to help myself I grab the most thickest socks (boot socks) and slippers and I would sleep with them on. They have to be the thick socks because if they were even an "inch" too thin I would be able to pick that up instantly and my teeth would be on edge.

See, this is another result to some of my sensory issues, mostly the one with my sense of touch. Teeth on edge, nails feeling like they are being scratched down miniature chalkboards, it is one of the most horrible feelings of mine. Sadly, when these effects do hit me, I have not yet found a way to soothe it. I have a set of strategies I take to ease these sensations, you see.

As another two sensory issues, I have dim vision and what has made it more intense is my iron deficiency anaemia (no idea what this has to do with sensory issues) The light outside can sometimes cause me head pains, it can make me become very confused too. And this one irritates me a lot, the sound of people eating, I hear it on surround sound and if there was one way to describe it, a dog rolling his tongue around in your ear holes... slimy and wet...

I have read a few of the other replies on here and it seems that a fair few people do have a thing for sleeping with an extra load of blankets, something I have been doing since early childhood. I am actually happy that I can relate to people on here. If anyone would like to know what my favourite thing to do with the blankets are, it is putting them over my head. I like the feelings of peace and security I receive from this.

I think the time has now come to end this post, I am aware that this does not make much sense, I am trying not to embarrass myself for some unknown reason but it does not help that I am actually rambling at the moment. But, yes. I am sorry for sounding somewhat emotionless here, maybe when I am feeling more alert and less flu-ish I can locate myself again. :oops:

Goodbye, wonderful people. :)

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2014, 3:07 pm

I don't know if this counts, but since a certain 2011 spampocalypse, I go crazy whene-
[img][800:1080]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/074/0/4/mlp_fim_colorswap_by_anonimo614-d5y4gzq.png[/img]
[b][i]KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! TEAR OUT IT'S ORGANS! FEED THEM TO EVIL! KILL IT KILL IT KILLLLLLLL ITTTTT!! !! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2014, 3:07 pm

I don't know if this counts, but since a certain 2011 spampocalypse, I go crazy whene-
[img][800:1080]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/074/0/4/mlp_fim_colorswap_by_anonimo614-d5y4gzq.png[/img]
[b][i]KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! TEAR OUT IT'S ORGANS! FEED THEM TO EVIL! KILL IT KILL IT KILLLLLLLL ITTTTT!! !! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 10:46 am

The ponies are cute lol

wolfgang82
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jul 2014, 10:11 pm

If I get close to even a old book sometimes I got to scratch it like I just
Get so much nerve to scratch it it bothers me if I don't today I have gone one day without scratching a book or card board
:oops:

lickerofjustice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2015, 8:17 am

Ha! same here! I need weighed blanket so I can sleep well. Thin blanket? nonononono.

I hate it when someone touches me. It feels like the heat of someone's body is sticking on my skin (which is, very very uncomfortable) till I have to rub my skin to "take that heat off"
I also hate to be touched because I felt that my skin has a "dent" after they touch me 'till I gotta rub my skin to "flatten" the dent.

the rest of my issue is common among y'all guys. Have a good day! ... or night ? HAHA

pigsrock
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2016, 3:24 pm

I cannot stand fire alarms!! !! :pale: :shaking:

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 10:14 pm

I always had to do this before going to sleep. I did not even know it was a yoga pose until a few minutes ago. I stopped at some point. Maybe I should start doing it again.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 8:43 am

As long as it doesn't harm you, why not go for it?

It brings blood to your brain, it seems to me.