Employed or not? What type of employement?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Precarious
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2015, 5:04 am

Are you employed or not? What type of employement? What's your IQ?

I'm working as a proposal engineer. I tested 107 IQ

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 9:59 am

Precarious wrote:

I'm working as a proposal engineer. I tested 107 IQ

Yes. Fulltime I'm a system administrator in a very small department in a very large company. Part time, I'm a technical editor, checking software textbooks for accuracy.

I've never had a proctored IQ test, so I can't say for certain. Perhaps somewhere in the range of 123?*

*My ex, and my family growing up, always made me feel pretty stupid, and I thought I was. But, I made some friends through work who told me otherwise. So, when I was trying to get up the nerve to leave my ex, I took seven online IQ tests, tossed out the highest and lowest scores and averaged the remaining five, which is where I got my number. But, yes, I recognize how inaccurate that could be, and the inherent flaws in the various IQ scales anyway. It still made me feel better about myself, because I didn't really have anything going for me.

I'm curious how you tested your IQ, Precarious?

thecheeseisblue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2015, 11:47 pm

Yes. I work in baseball as a programmer. It's been a long time, but I had it tested when I was a kid. It was 145 then.

Lilblizzy
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2015, 11:43 am

I'm a full time IT Technician for a major bank and I own and run my own music production company, where I handle all aspects of the business and creative sides. I haven't had my IQ tested in over 20 years, but it was in the 130s.

ElsaFlowers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

Full time accounts assistant. Not dealing very well with working full time though, I'm feeling overwhelmed every day :( I need to find something part time instead.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 1:49 pm

Currently, I am self-employed doing contract work with software development teams as a Business Analyst/Project Coordinator (mostly coordinating between engineers).

After struggling for 25+ years in the workforce, this type of work seems to suit me well.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 5:44 pm

I'm a data-entry operator. My IQ usually is in the "high average" range whenever it is formally tested.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 8:58 pm

Unemployed, and have been for quite some time now if one does not consider part-time and casual work to be 'employment' (which I do not).

I.Q. score - well, I've done quite a few, and I usually get between 125 and 140. I don't know if there is a real correlation between such a score and one's employment prospects, but as I understand them I.Q. tests should not be taken at all seriously, because they don't, among other things, measure one's ability for abstract thinking, or take into account differences in perspective that exist between individuals (ex. Which is the odd one out from the following sequence? 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, and 17. Many might say one, because this number is not considered to be prime, but another may say 'two' because it is the only even number here. Which is correct? They both are, but the 'correct' and only acceptable answer may be 'one'. I've been tripped up many times this way, and as a result have been given a lower score than I deserved to get).

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2015, 2:19 am

Precarious wrote:

Employed.
In a job where I rarely work with the same people frequently (that's a bonus because I am frequently crap with people).
Around 120-ish

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 5:19 pm

Part-time retail/customer service, with various gigs working with bands and on movies to give me a little extra cash.

As far as my IQ, I don't know.

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 10:45 pm

I can't tell you how many jobs I've had but it's a lot. I have no references. The last job I had was as a day trader for half a year until I went under. My IQ is 113

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 11:18 am

Not working due to poor school qualifications and uncompleted BTEC at college. I have had two IQ tests in my life a Raven's Progressive Matrix test showed I have an IQ of 137 and later in 1988 11 years later a WAIS test result showed an IQ of 110. I can not cope with people in 'authority' trying to stress me out and setting deadlines among other things. I have also experienced temporal lobe epileptic seizures on and off since 1974 or perhaps a little earlier which can hinder a chance of work buy being refused positions after a lot of effort in job interviews in the 1980s only resulted in a differing type of seizure by having demands put on me that are in excess of my social and emotional intelligence. Hence I don't like workplace 'pressures' that are supposed to 'motivate' employees. I may have learned some social skills but that was when I was in the learning disabilty educational system till 1977. This meant I when I was mainstreamed I had to be put a year behind as well do piss poor qualifications that will only get one a job if he had excellent had eye coordination that being working on a building site or something like that and the allistic banter is more like bullying and threatening if a worker is on the autism spectrum and either way involve too many people.

Actually most work I would be qualified for is of this type or that which will bore me to tears and even in certain places I have gained some acquantances from being the clown simply because what was on offer was way below my mental age. However the place I was describing did not offer a job just some packing work very simplar to a factory or warehouse. The supervisors were emotional sadists and would gloat or take the piss out of any comorbidity. :arrow:

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2015, 12:54 am

employed, Photo Technician for a Department store.

IQ is allegedly 133, but I am not certain about the test I took.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 12:58 am

Run a small ISP.

IQ -- highest on a test was 160, but most were in mid 140s.

Davvo7
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jan 2015, 11:46 am

I am an Administrator in an Autism Charity with services across the UK. I've had that done a few times and were all between 145 - 155. IQ is a pretty outdated measurement process/test though, and I'm not really sure what it ever meant to be honest.

Huey
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jan 2015, 6:51 pm

At the moment, I'm a welder and mechanic. I've been doing it almost three years, and it's not bad. IQ is somewhere in the low 130's.