Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 6:33 am

Refer to this thread first http://dev.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewt ... p?t=229247

From 2010-2014 i went through a phase of being unemployed. I would on weekdays cycle past my local towns train station on my bike. The station parking lot was often an area where cab drivers were stationed. I remember this one particular cab driver would often give me funny looks when i walked past him (i wasn't dressed in a work suit). I would go on the train once or twice a week to the nearest job center as well.

From this particular cab drivers 'point of view' why do you think him seeing me quite evidently not in employment/working anger him? At the time i thought it was because he was having a bad day but thinking about it again that may not have been the reason.

Cab drivers who would sometimes give my mum a lift to the station remarked to my mum that i looked depressed cycling around on my own.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 9:08 am

There's lots of unemployed people in the UK

But there are people who feel that people without jobs have some mental illness.

It's erroneous--but these people are afraid that somebody with a mental illness might "snap."

That person might start shooting people, for example.

Like I said, it's an erroneous notion.

It is best if you are employed, though--for all concerned.