Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Basperger
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2010, 2:05 pm

I also worked in a call center, but it was based on quality and not quantity, I've almost made it to operational manager, but then there was a merger and they swapped quality and quantity, I got stuck and searched for another job, because I couldn't reach the "required" quantities.
Next job was in an electronics company, very very interesting and fun, but again...too slow. They tried to fire me after 3 months, after 6 months the judge made a settlement, been unemployed 9 months now.

I don't understand why quantity comes before quality. If you deliver quality, you have happy customers, who buy more products.

Twitch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2010, 7:36 pm

I've dealt with that at pretty much every job I've had, I don't know how to deal with it except to get a degree to do something I'm good at. I'm never fast, but I can produce excellent work if given time.

"In what concerns you much, do not think that you have companions: know that you are alone in the world."

Henry David Thoreau

Vapno
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2010, 6:17 am

This is THE primary issue for me. For the most part I've attributed it to sluggish cognitive tempo and the related slow processing. In terms of my writing, it's a lot more complex than slowness, with 'noise' and working memory slowing things down more than my overall processing. I've been unemployed now for 3 years and in previous states I've lived in the social workers have tried to force me into jobs with which I have no strength or potential for producing quality work (existing knowledge base, etc.) to give an employer an excuse to keep me on despite falling behind all the time. If a job is that insecure going in, what is the point? You guys should have seen me as a cook at Pizza Hut. I was backed up constantly and the job only lasted 2 months.