Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

DeathGoth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2010, 9:15 am

I had a job making medical crap for this company that i worked for..

I liked this job because after they give you where u goto be, you can be in your own little world or planet for 10 hrs.. It was awesome.. No talking to people not being bothered or anything.. Just do repetitive stupid meaningless work for 10 hrs.. good amount of time to think.. Anyway yesterday they called me and said i was fired.. I dont even know why.. They said work performance but i only called off like 1 time in 2 months and took 2 hrs because i had to get ready for a custody hearing for my kids.. I worked night.. 7p to 5a and had a hearing at 9..

Anyway it sucks.. that was the best job except the damn bright lights that had me eating aspirin constantly for like 2 months.. but meh... what can you do..

::EDIT::

And no the job was so simple that i said they could hire monkeys to do this work and pay them in bananas.. thats how simple the jobs were...(not a race dig i literally meant real monkeys in the forest..)

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 9:46 am

1. Some bosses are just jerks.

2. How long ago was that custody hearing? I've been at places (as a temp) where you have something you MUST attend and you get pulled from the job completely once you tell them about it. :(

DeathGoth

16 Sep 2010, 11:06 am

The hearing was friday.. they fired me 2 days ago..

I had to take that 2 hrs off to prepare for my hearing and I believe that is why I was fired..

I cant think of anything else on why I would be fired.. I dont think I pissed anyone off because I only talked to like 2 or 3 people my whole time working there except to ask someone something about work..

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 12:48 pm

Sounds like they were just looking for an excuse to be honest. Bit mean of them.

DeathGoth

16 Sep 2010, 1:22 pm

Ya i think so also.. It sucks, Its going to take me another 3 months to find a job...

Oh well i had fun while it lasted.. and the b***h was.. I was the only one not complaining on working 10 hrs a day...

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 2:21 am

In Canada, unless you did something blatantly dangerous, they have to warn you before they fire you. When I worked for one place, they told me I was laid off but put on my ROE that I was fired. I was in school and was reporting to EI at the time, so this ended up going to EI as well. On the form, it asked if I was given any warnings prior to dismissal. I put no since that was true....THE GOVERNMENT CONTACTED THE PLACE that tried to pull that off...and THEY CHANGED IT TO LAID OFF and they could not hire anyone to replace me for a period of time. You should ask for any written performance reviews and any complaints in WRITING. If they don't have any of that, go see a lawyer.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

t0
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm

If you're in the US you should definately file for unemployment. The company has to pay for that unless they can show that you had performance issues and were notified in writing. They'll have to provide copies of those documents (if there are any) to avoid paying.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 2:15 am

Since you really liked the job, maybe you can speak with the supervisor and tell them you really enjoyed the job and had not even been aware they were dissatisfied with your performance until you were fired, and wish someone would have told you....as you have an autistic spectrum disorder covered by the ADA and need to be told some things explicitly, and you would like your job back please.

DeathGoth

24 Sep 2010, 10:39 am

I am moving on I am still mad about it but trying to do something else..

This state I live in PA is considered at will employment, meaning if you fart wrong they can fire you for it..
Literal term meaning that the employer can fire someone for any given reason, dont like a shirt you wear, dont like ur performance or anything like that.. so any small thing can cause someone can be fired..

I went for a interview yesterday and had to take a drug test for a job i goto wait for a bg check so i will be fine in a few days..

Thanks for the comments, I might go up there at some point and ask them why they fired me since it is bothering me so much..

hitokage
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2010, 5:59 am

Chronos wrote:
Since you really liked the job, maybe you can speak with the supervisor and tell them you really enjoyed the job and had not even been aware they were dissatisfied with your performance until you were fired, and wish someone would have told you....as you have an autistic spectrum disorder covered by the ADA and need to be told some things explicitly, and you would like your job back please.

If ADA really worked for people on the spectrum, this might work, but my experience is that it doesn't. Lawyers that are also supposed to specialize in ADA type cases also seem to be useless if the disability is spectrum related.