Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Meow1971
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2011, 1:51 pm

One thing that always makes me a little leery of the "Autistic folk are good software testers" is the amount of conflict that can go into presenting results. Apparently some people do not like having their errors pointed out.

In my current job I am in charge of monitoring Unit Test Code Coverage (how many tests are built into the software) and reporting if it goes down. We have a zero tolerance policy for Code Coverage going down. All new programming has to stop until it goes back up.

So what happens? A report shows that the code went down by 1/2 of a percent. Small but still more than zero. And instead of explaining it herself the QA Manager for the product tries to force me into the middle.

I think I got out of the middle with only some ruffled feathers but still, an uncomfortable position to be sure.

youwho
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2011, 5:09 pm

Wow, you're so lucky,
Where I work no one else even seems to have heard of unit testing, so our coverage is precisely zero percent. When I suggest that it might be time to consider hiring people who are actually qualified software engineers people tell me I'm insulting them.