The top 10 jobs that attract psychopaths

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MrKnowItAll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2013, 9:03 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i was a civil servant for 2 decades but i scored a 1 out of 33 on the psychopathy test because i said "rules were made to be broken."

I bet if the test asked you to choose between that and "Sometimes principles and common sense trump rules" you would have chosen the latter. Or if the statement was "It's not illegal if you don't get caught." your answer would have separated you from sociopaths.

MrKnowItAll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2013, 9:09 pm

6. I believe that was for thinking I'm cool under pressure. But I think if I do my best but fail in a situation like that, it's not my failure. I feel the loss, but not responsibility for it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 10:30 pm

MrKnowItAll wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i was a civil servant for 2 decades but i scored a 1 out of 33 on the psychopathy test because i said "rules were made to be broken."

I bet if the test asked you to choose between that and "Sometimes principles and common sense trump rules" you would have chosen the latter. Or if the statement was "It's not illegal if you don't get caught." your answer would have separated you from sociopaths.

i get mad at people but when it comes right down to it, i just can't hurt anybody. :oops:

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 10:26 pm

Jayo wrote:
You know, I'm surprised that clergy is on this list...yeah, sure, you might tend to think of pedophile priests as being psychopaths - but how do you explain the fact that being a clergyman pays very little, and psychopaths are highly attracted to MONEY, and lots and lots of it??!? With something like lawyer, CEO, or sales, they fulfill their obscene desire but not in church.

Trust me, it bring out the worst in people. With everyone looking up to you, and people tend to be respecter of people, it can happen very easily. Matter of fact, I think this is one of the reasons for Christianity's downfall in the West (because of a lust for power and control).

wiliamson
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jun 2014, 12:45 am

Shouldn't criminals and spies be on the list?

SvenGek
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jun 2014, 7:22 am

We should end discrimmination against psychopaths. Psychopath's rights!

opal
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 3:23 am

Jayo wrote:
You know, I'm surprised that clergy is on this list...yeah, sure, you might tend to think of pedophile priests as being psychopaths - but how do you explain the fact that being a clergyman pays very little, and psychopaths are highly attracted to MONEY, and lots and lots of it??!? With something like lawyer, CEO, or sales, they fulfill their obscene desire but not in church.

Considering what's come out in the recent royal commision, it doesn't surprise me at all. They love power. They love controlling people. They love telling people how to live their life, and engendering guilt, while physically, emotionally, sexually and financially abusing them. I grew up around several of these people. I was lucky . Apart from the ones that actually carried out the abuse, there were at least as many others who covered it up and moved them on to other communities to abuse a new bunch of kids. They're cut from the same cloth. My mother still refuses to hear anything against them.

Lawyers don't surprise me either. I have a family member who is a lawyer. He's a narcissist and probably a psychopath.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2014, 7:21 am

ugh?my husband is a sales person?incredibly good at it although he has NO degree at all?any kind of sales, he has done? :roll:

he NEVER talks about his feelings?I do believe he is a psychopath?but the ONLY real thing he has told me is that when he was little he always wanted to be a surgeon 8O

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2014, 7:28 am

ugh?I just took that psychopath test?NOT for me, but I answered based on things I have seen my husband do over the last 15 years or know he has done, people have said of him, etc?score? 29 out of 33?and in some, I actually gave him the benefit of the doubt by not replying with strongly agree?ugh?There is NO DOUBT in my mind this is what he is and he has driven me NUTS, crazy, literally crazy, for 15 years. It has been a couple of years of me putting 2 and 2 together and studying this aspect of him. Before I just did not have time because our life was so chaotic between my work, homeschooling our autistic son and his ex-wife/family issues?it is not until I stopped working and his ex-wife/family issues disappeared that I was able to breathe a bit and start seeing things more clearly. Scary.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2014, 12:45 pm

whatamess wrote:
ugh?I just took that psychopath test?NOT for me, but I answered based on things I have seen my husband do over the last 15 years or know he has done, people have said of him, etc?score? 29 out of 33?and in some, I actually gave him the benefit of the doubt by not replying with strongly agree?ugh?There is NO DOUBT in my mind this is what he is and he has driven me NUTS, crazy, literally crazy, for 15 years. It has been a couple of years of me putting 2 and 2 together and studying this aspect of him. Before I just did not have time because our life was so chaotic between my work, homeschooling our autistic son and his ex-wife/family issues?it is not until I stopped working and his ex-wife/family issues disappeared that I was able to breathe a bit and start seeing things more clearly. Scary.

has he ever been abusive of you?