What are the basics of Affiliate Marketing?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Johnq
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Feb 2013, 12:32 pm

Affiliate Marketing for dummies!? (Better way's to spend 8 hours of hard work daily online for me :) )

Does anyone here do "Affiliate Marketing"? I was recently talking to a guy about making money at home since it's so hard for me to be around people.

I'm wondering if it's worth doing (even $150 or so a month would be fine for now), and the basics of how to start. Do I have to buy a webpage? How do I start from nothing? Are their templates of ways to do it to where you are pretty much guaranteed to at least get some money/traffic?

I've been doing survey sites and PPC but I imagine something (other than writing) I could do that would be worth my time more. I'm at the computer and want to work 8 hours a day. It just sucks spending 8 hours a day making .50-$1 an hour doing constant work. So I guess; what skills can I learn easiest to understand how to do something better like Affiliate Marketing and be able to put in a lot of work but at least be making $150+ a month instead of the $30-$50 I am now.

Thanks for any help/pointers!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 1:15 pm

Johnq wrote:
What are the basics of Affiliate Marketing?

Google is your friend...

Affiliate Marketing

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Johnq

04 Feb 2013, 1:16 pm

yea, I just hear so many different things. I know there are a lot of scams that why I wanted to ask here where hopefully I could find information that wasn't biased.

Johnq

04 Feb 2013, 1:21 pm

From what I've gathered:

You find something to blog about. You pay around $10 for a year for a .com website. You blog about the topic weekly, then you find advertisers who sell relevant products and put ad bars from them on your pages? Then you get paid by clicks to their site or when they click there then buy a product?

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 10:46 pm

My suggestion would be to sell you own product. Let's use a hypothetical for a second: let's say you had one hundred visitors, and only 1 in 100 clicked on something and bought (average conversion rate is between 1-3%). At that rate, and assuming the average is a dollar or two, it will take you over 150k visitors a month just to earn off that. (through sites like commision junction). Now if you are going through Clickbank or selling you own product, and they give you at least $10 per offer, you can start racking up the dough relatively easily. The only problem you will have to concern yourself with is the SEO side, which can get tricky. Best of luck!