Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 12:55 am

I applied a while back for an online job for captioning videos, I passed their little test and they kept sending me messages my account was on a backlist for potential people they would hire when they are ready. Well just today saw in my email they have been trying to get me to activate my account because I've been approved now.

So today I verified my identity with them, so now I can start work on captioning vidoes whenever I want. I am hoping I can do it well enough that maybe I could quit my job at the thrift store. For sure if I start making more money with this I will for sure quit that job...then I can just do my work stuff at home and still have time to clean up my living space for the time being that my boyfriend has to work. But he is also hoping of trying to start a youtube channel for warhammer stuff...I mean some people have been successful with that and my boyfriend is an amazing warhammer painter so I have no doubt he could get enough views to get some sucess he certainly has better charisma than some of the warhammer youtubers we have seen. But I if he was successful in that and I can find some success in captioning maybe that would work and we wouldn't have to work regular jobs anymore. I mean hell if I could find a full work at home job and he still has to do a regular kind of job...well I will keep the place clean so he can come home to a nice place...Ha ha he'll have to still do the cooking He is better at it, but there is no reason I cannot at least make the kitchen clean first. But nah I would be totally cool with an online job and my only real physical job being to keep our place clean so he does not have to worry about it, cause he works hard and well if I am going to be at home more I should certainly do things to make the house nice for when he comes home. I guess I would really like if I turn out to be good enough at the captioning that, that cold just become my job because I mean they need people who an do a boring job for hours and still get results, I think I could do that because to me it is not so boring to put the captions it is actually kind of fun so I think maybe I really can do it I just need to make sure and keep studying their style guide which gives all the info on how to correctly caption things.

But I guess the main take away from this is I got accepted to an online job, and I find that kinda exciting like I hope maybe I can make something of it.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 5:42 am

Congratulations! Must be nice to work from home since you don't have to spend time or money commuting, and in these days it's nice to be able to avoid any unnecessary extra human contact, too. :D

toadsnail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2021, 11:28 pm

Congrats on the job! How is it going so far?

Was there any specific type of experience required or was it only a matter of passing a test? Is it okay if I PM you about what online platform you applied to? If by any chance that platform also has tasks for my language, then I'll probably be interested in applying for it too.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 6:42 pm

That’s great news Sweetleaf. I’m happy for you. :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 6:43 pm

Me, too!