Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 10:51 pm

For this forum....to our Wrong Planet fathers! Father's Day this year happens to fall one day before summer solstice (June 21). In Interior Alaska, we'll have 21 hours + 49 minutes of daylight (whew!). For this virtual Father's Day card, I'll post this pic: 16,390 ft. near summit at Alaska's St. Elias mountain range at summer solstice time. The highest and the brightest.

:sunny:
OK, Denali is much taller, but St. Elias is a monster too!

Caitlin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2010, 11:35 pm

Happy Father's Day to the WP dads :) and gorgeous picture labpet! I would love to visit Alaska one day... but I'm afraid of what I might do to Sarah Palin :twisted:

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 12:34 am

Thank you. Wow, beautiful picture. So many cultures imagined that their gods lived on top of the mountains and it's easy to understand when you're in a place like that.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 12:55 am

Alaska is beautiful......(despite Sarah Palin) :D

Most Alaskan families fish/hunt and this is part of the lifestyle and culture. The expansiveness is unique!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 3:39 am

Happy Father's Day! :D

DenvrDave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 10:25 am

Thanks very much everyone, its nice to be appreciated because sometimes being a parent can be so thankless.

LabPet, I especially appreciate your photograph of the peak of St. Elias because I love the mountains. Visiting Alaska and spending time in the high country is near the top of my bucket list, so thanks very much for sharing that taste of heaven :D