Kinesthetic Learner/ Social Stories

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 4:39 am

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone could give any advice on this. After lots of reading about various learning styles, I've finally come to the conclusion that my daughter is a kinesthetic learner. I'm embarrassed that it's taken so long to figure this one out, but learning styles is just a new concept to me and I hadn't thought about it before.

I would like to start doing social stories with my daughter. (The ed psych still hasn't visited after a very long wait. She's waiting for the speech and language assessment, in 2 weeks, before she comes to see her.) Does anyone have any experience of doing social stories with a kinesthetic learner. Is it just a case of acting out scenes with her. She loves puppets and giving voices to her toys and models that she has made.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

SC_2010
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2011, 7:27 pm

We read social stories. Then we act them out with toy characters. After he is comfortable with that, we act it out with our bodies, like role play. Then we try as best we can to practice at home and in the community using reminders about when we were playing. It has worked well for us.