What price would you place on this retro gaming stuff?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 9:27 pm

So, I have a big box of retro gaming consoles and games.
Somebody was wanting to buy them from me, but neither of us have any idea what they are worth and looking on Ebay has been no help to me at all.

I have :
A Sega 32X in excellent condition with an Audio/Video cable. Unboxed, without a power supply.
Two games for this, both boxed with the games in excellent condition. They come with booklets. One of the boxes is a bit scruffy, but the other one looks alright. They have a sticker on each of the showing knuckles the echidna punching a box of fags with the slogan "smoking - who needs it?" which assumedly were on there to begin with.
For the 32X I have Metalhead, which is a mech war in a city game and rather good.
And also Motocross Championship, which is a motorbike racing game.

He was wanting to pay £30 for this (all PAL versions of the above) , do you think this is a reasonable price for these things?

Last edited by Ladywoofwoof on 26 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 9:32 pm

Apart from that I also have all of the following things, which neither of us can manage to put a price to (all PAL versions of these things)

For the megadrive i have (unboxed)
Sonic, pitfall, James pond 3, powermonger, quackshot and castle of illusion

Then boxed...
spiderman, the immortal, super monaco GP (japanese / adapted to work on PAL system) Mega bomberman, Comic zone, lemmings tribes, the legend of galahad, Xmen, Sonic 3d and sonic 2 and speedball 2

Mastersystem unboxed i have...
Sonic, sonic 2, sonic chaos, and chuck rock

Then boxed... laser ghost, pro wrestling, super tennis, james pond 2, prince of persia, teddy boy, AD&D heroes of the lance, Wonder boy 3, Dragon crystal, Rampart, Populous, global gladiators, jurassic park and (sega card) Spy vs Spy

This all comes with a Megadrive, one of the original big Mastersystem convertors (the fancy kind with the pause button and a sega card slot) along with 2 controllers (one of them nice and slinky with 6 buttons, the other the official MD one) , RF cable, and power supply. Both are unboxed.

The Mastersystem convertor has stickers of sonic and stuff on it, because I've had it since I was a fairly young teenager. The Megadrive doesn't have any stickers on it. All of the games ought to work fine, they did last time I played them anyway and they've been stored well since then.

What do you reckon this load of gaming stuff is worth?

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 2:56 pm

Im not sure what the 32x is worth but I think its more than 30 pounds
Try sticking it on ebay and see what you get.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 4:59 pm

Yeah, I think this guy is looking for bargains whereas I tend to sell things at only a slightly lower price than the cheapest price I find online ; but often with better quality items than what you'd get online.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 10:03 am

I'm not a collector, but the Master System stuff sounds the most valuable, at least here in the US. But then again, its PAL format. I've heard that the Master System was more widespread in the rest of the world. Never actually seen one as a kid in the US.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 9:40 pm

Yup, they were pretty common in many countries but less so in Japan or America (where I think the NES remained the most popular of the two consoles).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 7:52 am

Might want to try asking somewhere more videogame specific, like Atari Age.

I'm no expert, but I don't think you should expect a huge sum of money. Last time I checked, the Master System Converter was worth quite a bit, but that might be different in PAL land.

Comix Zone and Wonder Boy 3 you might need to check on, but everything else sounds pretty common to me.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.