Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 1:26 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPONdZBh6s[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2014, 7:47 pm

At least the new robots are supposed to be allies (unless they see you wearing the mask, that is).

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 3:33 am

AlanSmithee wrote:
At least the new robots are supposed to be allies (unless they see you wearing the mask, that is).
The mask makes the old ones think your one of them while at the same time makes the new ones think your one of the old ones and their job is to dismantle the old ones meaning they will tear you limb from limb.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 5:40 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
AlanSmithee wrote:
The mask makes the old ones think your one of them while at the same time makes the new ones think your one of the old ones and their job is to dismantle the old ones meaning they will tear you limb from limb.

That just.... what.

Wait, wouldnt that just lead to the two groups attacking each other in the halls?

And does that mean that the new ones arent haunted/possessed like the old ones are? (the old ones being haunted confirmed by the dev awhile back, though he didnt explain any details at all)

Still, it does explain how the mask mechanic works. I'd wondered about that, since the idea of just hiding in the mask the whole time sure didnt make sense from a gameplay standpoint, but if everything acted just like the original 4 there'd be no reason to ever take it off.

I like the sound of it. The whole "mask" mechanic and the way it looks and such just all seems to have a claustrophobic quality to it, which the doors didnt quite have.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 6:05 am

Okay whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is this game out already? It's released on Steam....

Already bought it. But gonna go back and try to beat the first one first (on the PC here, specifically, dont feel like doing the berserk screen-jabbing that the iOS version requires of me). AKA, going to go back and try to stop getting eaten by Chica over and over.

EDIT: Well, the whole concept of the new 4 being made to oppose the old 4 turned out to be entirely incorrect. Instead, the older bots come to life because, surprise, they're still haunted (at least that's what I'm guessing the reason is), and the NEW ones have some sort of added functions to provide "security", with the phone guy mentioning (on day 1) that they even access a database of serial killers and such and can attack them if necessary. ....but they're still either evil, or dumber than a sack of hammers, since at night they'll still happily obliterate you if you have the mask off.

So instead of the "versus" idea, the dev came up with some much more interesting mechanics to go with the mask... You very definitely cannot keep that thing on all the time, as there's other things that need dealing with, and you cant do much while the mask is on.

What's also interesting is a reduced importance of the whole "power" mechanic. Only the "flashlight" has power.... I put it in quotes because it appears to be some sort of thing attached to every room including the office, so you can light up any of them. Cameras dont use power now, neither do the side lights. All the lights have a number of important uses. It's possible to lose the flashlight, and it's possible to lose that AND the office and vent lights (that one happens all at once if a certain thing occurs).

One main entrance to the office, and 2 vents.

And then the music box.

And 11 animatronics! One being Golden Freddy of course (as if he wasnt going to make an appearance here), and the other two being... unexpected. Both of the new two appear in the first night, though I think the second one doesnt DO anything that first night. The other one though is a constant, neverending problem. And then of course the old 4 and new 4.

Also: Holy freaking heck. Everything really DID end up being scarier than the first. By quite alot.... I'd thought Old Bonnie, missing a face, would be the worst. Nope! Nope nope nope.

I wasnt sure what to expect from the game... it's very sudden and unexpected appearance, not really all that long after the first, suggested that it might have been rushed. But the general consensus is that yeah, it's even better than the first. I suspect that the developer didnt at all estimate the time required/available correctly at all.... which I've seen happen pretty darn often with alot of indie devs. It's not an easy thing to get an estimate of at all!

On a side note, yay, I beat night 4 of the first, after multiple chicken-related deaths! Get to night 5, get going with checking cameras and door lights.... and then about 7 seconds after the call for that day ends, Bonnie eats me. Didnt see him coming AT ALL. Ugh. Probably gonna take a bit to be able to beat that night.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 2:53 am

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 8:43 am

I regret saying that the original game was difficult after playing this one. I've just gotten to night 4 after being stuck on 3 for ages (balloon boy kept screwing things up for me.)
P.S Even though I find the original animatronics much scarier than they were in the preceding game I actually think the "toy" models are quite cute in their own way.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 3:02 am

LupineSnowstorm wrote:
I regret saying that the original game was difficult after playing this one. I've just gotten to night 4 after being stuck on 3 for ages (balloon boy kept screwing things up for me.)
P.S Even though I find the original animatronics much scarier than they were in the preceding game I actually think the "toy" models are quite cute in their own way.
Yeah once Baloon Boy gets in your room your screwed and have no way of protecting yourself from Foxy!

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2015, 1:07 pm

That Marionette is the lovechild of Slender Man and Dimentio from Super Paper Mario, I swear.

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm

AlanSmithee wrote:
That Marionette is the lovechild of Slender Man and Dimentio from Super Paper Mario, I swear.

I can't unread that.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 12:05 am

You know, I think it's all thanks to Rebornica that I have some semblance of interest in FNaF.

Still seems like a creepypasta parody of Chuck E. Cheese's, and that just fits so well with the gameplay. :lol: