Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 1:12 pm

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/n ... soles.html

Why did you buy your 8th gen console?

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 1:52 pm

I bought mine for the Fun factor, of course. There's no other reason for me to buy a game console.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 2:30 pm

I bought a Wii U because Nintendo

I bought an Xbox One because of Halo, Gears of War, Forza and updated graphics/processing power/etc

I plan to get a PS4 because of Disgaea and Ratchet & Clank....and most likely the Tales series, as it's been a largely Sony exclusive series for quite some time

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 3:13 pm

Wii U, pretty much for Mario games and Lego City Undercover.

It's depressing that so many people buy systems because of graphics and branding.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 6:37 pm

I bought a Wii U because I found a really good deal on a used one, and I would have had to buy one eventually, especially now that a new Zelda is coming out.

Newest non-Nintendo consoles I own are Dreamcast, PSX, and the original XBox :) I need to get a PS2 at some point, I already have a few games for it. No need for a PS3, PS4, 360, or X-Bone, since I have a gaming PC.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 9:26 pm

Wii U: It has Smash. With the Mario games and VC stuff as an added bonus. Also, it was there. I tend to buy things just because they are there.

PS4: It has LittleBigPlanet 3. ....that's it. That's the entire reason, and it's *VERY* unlikely that I'll be buying a single other game for it for a long, long time, if ever. It has nothing else I care about. Dont NEED anything else. It's serving it's purpose.

Wont be buying an XBone. It'd be useless to me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 10:11 pm

Well I got a PS3 about a year ago....originally to play games, access Netflix from my room(dont even have my own account it my mom and her boyfriends account so they pay for it). I haven't bought any games for it, was playing a game that showed up in the Playstation store for free called defiance but now that's not working so I really have no games for it....but would like to get some just not sure what would be fun and don't want to waste money on a game I don't like. Though last I was at wal-mart they had a bin of games for various consoles for around 10 bucks each....they probably aren't the real popular latest games but just a few entertaining games would be nice.

I imagine at some point I'll upgrade to the Ps4, like when I can find it on sale cheap on the internet by that time they'll probably have something even more advanced, so I will forever be behind. lol

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 10:26 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I got a PS3 about a year ago....originally to play games, access Netflix from my room(dont even have my own account it my mom and her boyfriends account so they pay for it). I haven't bought any games for it, was playing a game that showed up in the Playstation store for free called defiance but now that's not working so I really have no games for it....but would like to get some just not sure what would be fun and don't want to waste money on a game I don't like. Though last I was at wal-mart they had a bin of games for various consoles for around 10 bucks each....they probably aren't the real popular latest games but just a few entertaining games would be nice.

I imagine at some point I'll upgrade to the Ps4, like when I can find it on sale cheap on the internet by that time they'll probably have something even more advanced, so I will forever be behind. lol

You did miss the October $86 price match at Walmart for PS4 ;-)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 3:54 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

what type of games do you think you'd like. do you like massive world games where you make a character edit their skills and progress through quests. fallout, fallout new vegas<-- these two are future post nuke war., elderscrolls skyrim <---- medivel ish. you can get each of those for about $20 including all their dlc if you get the game of year editions.

I've heard mass effect games are good, been wanting to try them myself. then theres games like grand theft auto, saints row(more silly). minecraft is fun if you enjoy just building and exploring with no real goal besides what you decide. some good racing games that should be cheap if thats what you into. most ps3 games should be around $20 and under. I've seen uncharted games for like $5 each for first two. or $20 for the first 2/3. those are some highly rated ps only games. haven't played them myself want to though. they like indian jones basicly

anyways. funny people picked blu ray player for ps4, xbox one has it too.
I went with ps4 cause the price, backlash from e3 2013 with all the horrible stuff xbox was going do. kenict being forced on everyone. I'd also been sony guy since ps1, into ps2. got xbox near end and had 3 games on it, then ps3 for 3 games, all my friends got 360 so I got pulled into that for the 7th gen. but friends stopped playing games, clan mates stopped playing with me. no real reason to go to xbone. I also don't like the new controller for the xbox one.

most the games I like are on both systems. though uncharted, last of us, infamous(really liked which surprised me) I haven't played the first 2 except for uncharted vita, I hear last of us is amazing, but waiting for it to hit $20 since It'll just be one play though for me. xbox has what fable(down hill since fable 3) halo(boring), sunset overdrive (O.o) gears of war(they need to let it end) and what? but as my favorit games that I love are cross plat, games weren't a deciding factor for me.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 4:59 am

^^^ I really liked Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas. You can really sink a lot of time in those games and still not see everything. And of course the Nords of Skyrim have a funny accent 8)