Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 9:58 am

Yeah Nintendo just announced a Nintendo Direct for tomorrow April 1st.

3DS and Wii U games are both in the new Direct with a Tree House special to follow on the American Direct.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-01-2015/
The link is for the U.S. Direct, or you can use their YouTube channel.

It will air at 6pm ET, 12am EU, and 7am Japan (they all air at the same time).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 7:04 pm

New Nintendo 3DS in America, SVP.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 4:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6fY6CUEYgw

Above is the Youtube link for those who wish to watch it there.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 6:03 pm

News Time

Smash Bros:
Mew two free DLC codes will be given out on April 15th for CN members, who registered both
April 25th for everyone else
$3.99 to download the character to one version
$4.99 to download him for both versions.
1.0.6 patch also comes out in April 15th (or April 15th they didn't say).
New costumes for Mii fighters from Nintendo and Mega man series.
They cost $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions

Lucas is the next DLC character, he comes out in June.

Lucas and Mewtwo are both getting Amiibos.

Nintendo is allowing anyone to vote and suggest characters on Smashbros.com after the Direct is finished.
Sakurai will chose which characters to make into DLC characters.

On May 29, the previously announced Charizard, Pac-Man, Wario, Ness, Lucina, and Robin Amiibo will finally release. Additionally, Greninja and Jigglypuff will come out on that day.

In July, Dark Pit and Palutena will both launch. In September, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, and Dr. Mario will come to stores.

----
Mario Maker launches this fall with online level sharing and graphics from all 2D Mario games.

Yoshi's Wooly World is coming this Fall too with two modes.
Classic and Mellow (play as winged Yoshi).
Yoshi is also getting three yarn Amiibos (Blue, Green, Pink) at launch.

Fatal Frame V is coming to North America with more details in the future.
SMT X Fire Emblem trailer was shown it will be a massive RPG with a modern and fantasy worlds.
N64 games are on the VC right now with SM64 as the first title, upgrade fee from Wii version is $2, full price can go as high as $13
DS games are on the VC right now with Yoshi's Island DS as the first title, prices are up to $13 for DS.
Bunch of Indie games shown.
Fire Emblem If shown... 2016 for North America.
You create an avatar who is the main character, you choose with of two waring kingdoms you want to play as, each has it's own story.
Branching story lines and choices confirmed.

---

Massive Street Pass news

A pair of new StreetPass games are coming to 3DS on April 16 alongside the new StreetPass Mii Plaza Premium.

Ultimate Angler has your Mii visting new StreetPass Islands and collecting bait to get new fish. In total, you can catch over 150 fish, including several legendary monsters. The other game is called Battle Ground Z, where you can StreetPass characters to get items from everyone's hobbies. You have to rescue people from Hobbyville with 26 different weapons.

In addition to these two games, which will be available for $4.99 each or $7.99 for both, you can also enroll in StreetPass Mii Plaza Premium, where you do things such as collect Mii's birthdays and store special Miis in VIP mode.

New hats confirmed as well.

---

Splatoon:

Splatoon launching in North America with many new modes.
Ranking Battle will include Splash Zones in which you try to get to specific areas in each stage. Battle Dojo will include local one on one battles and one TV screen, with the objective being to pop balloons.

Furthermore, A 3 pack of amiibo will be released on launch day (May 29) which include a squid, Inking Boy and Inking Girl. You can also buy the latter two individually on launch day.

---

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Design

A new Animal Crossing title, subtitled Happy Home Designer, will be coming to the 3DS with emphasis on home design and the introduction of Amiibo cards.

No chores will be in the upcoming title. Instead, you'll be in charges of designing houses for neighbors that fit their tastes. Players will use the new Amiibo cards to scan design rooms for animals on the cards. You can also use the cards to invite more animals into the house. The cards are designed to you explore another side of the Animal Crossing world.

The near field communicator for older 3DS and 2DS models will be coming out the same day as the cards and title, which will be in the fall.

---

Pokemon Rumble World launches on the 3DS eShop for free on April 8th, you win gems to pay for stuff by completing in game stuff.
You can also buy gems by spending money.

---

Mario Kart 8

A new 200CC mode is coming to Mario Kart 8 alongside the new Animal Crossing-themed Mario Kart 8 DLC pack, which is due out on April 23. While the Animal Crossing pack will be $7.99 if you didn't buy the bundle last year, the new 200CC mode is a free update that adds more speed than ever before.

The Animal Crossing pack includes Dry Bowser, both male and female Villager, and Isabella as racers. One of the new Animal Crossing tracks changes for different seasons and features new Animal Crossing music recorded live. Two of the new karts are called the City Tripper and the Streetle.

Additionally, more Amiibo figures will be supported to add costumes to your Mii, including Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Bowser, Rosalina, Olimar, Wario, Villager, and Toad.

The whole update is due out on April 23. To recap: Animal Crossing DLC pack will cost money. 200CC mode will not.

Yeah that's right Nintendo is giving us 200cc with the update.

---

Lastly Code Name Steam is getting a patch soon that will speed up enemy turns....

I might have missed something...

Way more stuff to be announced at E3.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 8:54 pm

What a disappointment.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 2:14 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
What a disappointment.

How can you call that a disappointment? So much awesome stuff...hell, Fatal Frame alone is great news. Not to mention everything they announced for Smash and Mario Kart 8, the Splatoon Amiibo, Box Boy and the new Streetpass games ( particularly Battleground Z...though the "Premium" thing was pretty dumb IMO ). Not to mention the Codename STEAM update that will allow fast forwarding the enemy turns ( trust me, that's some of the best news ever )

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 2:21 am

It was some good stuff, I expect to be watching some GameXplain videos pick every little thing apart.
This is their initial discussion on it.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 4:48 am

Hmm, nothing much of interest to me, though the 200cc mode update sounds good. The Smash characters, hmmm, good to see the roster increased but they arent ones I use, really. Might buy them, might not. Leaning towards "not" at this point. Mewtwo was always way too floaty, and I never really liked Lucas or Ness much. I'll be more interested if they add characters down the line that havent been in Smash yet at all.

Splatoon sounds... interesting? Not entirely sure what to make of it. Of course, a multiplayer focused game like that, I'll likely wait to see what happens with the online community. With games like that, if the playerbase isnt large enough to make finding matches easy, I lose interest. Cant tolerate long wait times. Something like Smash works out well, because there barely IS any wait times, even in the middle of the night. I've the same issues with PC games, though the ones I play tend to be like Smash in that regard.

Mario Maker I want. A long way off though, sigh... though if it has that blasted "can share content with friends only" thing that I've seen in some games awhile back, I'll be.... not very pleased.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 8:00 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
How can you call that a disappointment?

I was ready for them to release the New Nintendo 3DS, and...not a word...

Maybe they're waiting to surprise us Q4? I need to send Reggie a snail mail.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 1:02 pm

thought the new 3ds was already out?
already seen it for sell. or is there going be a new new 3ds?

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 2:02 pm

sly279 wrote:
thought the new 3ds was already out?
already seen it for sell. or is there going be a new new 3ds?

That's just the XL model.
Many are still wanting for the regular sized model to come over.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm

Yeah, that's just the XL in America.

I wonder how many people will be confused when they release the standard sized model. Maybe they'll call it the New Nintendo 3DS Lite :roll: