The relaxing "stimming" movments in zelda games

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2011, 9:29 am

Not sure if stiming is the right word, just somthing that relaxes me somtimes for hours at a time, since ocarina of time ive noticed characters like NPC's do constant repetitive motions somtimes slowly somtimes faster, in zelda games since oot ive sit and watched various characters swing back and forth, wave there arms and or head repetedly, or just watch link repetedly do certian movment motions when im not using the controler, somtimes watching these things gets me stiming uncontrolably .

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 12:36 pm

Used to do it. I think...

Mainly with characters in RPGs. If there's an option to walk rather than run by only very slightly tilting the analog stick I would do it compulsively at times. Haven't in a while though.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

Sometimes people taking a math test will move their knee back and forth.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 12:21 am

if anything i am never relaxed by my games i get an adrenaline rush playing them.

i don't think i do any stimming, unless ripping the skin off my lip qualifies, but i see that as more of a nervous habit.

i'm a weird aspie i guess. i did use to drive hotwheels back and forth on my arm. but music it was helps me relax.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

26 Dec 2011, 7:18 pm

nintendofan wrote:
Not sure if stiming is the right word, just somthing that relaxes me somtimes for hours at a time, since ocarina of time ive noticed characters like NPC's do constant repetitive motions somtimes slowly somtimes faster, in zelda games since oot ive sit and watched various characters swing back and forth, wave there arms and or head repetedly, or just watch link repetedly do certian movment motions when im not using the controler, somtimes watching these things gets me stiming uncontrolably .
I know what you mean. When Ocarina of Time came out, I would go into the Windmill Hut in Kakariko Village as Young Link, jump on the windmill, and watch the windmill go in circles for what seemed like hours. So relaxing.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2011, 10:58 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
nintendofan wrote:
I know what you mean. When Ocarina of Time came out, I would go into the Windmill Hut in Kakariko Village as Young Link, jump on the windmill, and watch the windmill go in circles for what seemed like hours. So relaxing.
Oh, yes, im happy somone understands me lol.
i liked sitting around as it rained on that game either that one or majoras mask i think i liked rain on that one beter cos it always raiened on the 2nd day

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2011, 9:54 am

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Used to do it. I think...

Mainly with characters in RPGs. If there's an option to walk rather than run by only very slightly tilting the analog stick I would do it compulsively at times. Haven't in a while though.
oh yea i know what you mean with the walking thing, i used to do that in games that had relaxing music or scenery.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 3:20 pm

i remembered something that relaxes me, fire. i like watching a flame flicker. whether it's in video games or not. there is something that entrances me about fire.

i've never really been afraid of fire either, i'm not a nut around it. but i like watching the flames flicker.