What do you all think about the atmosphere right now?

Page 3 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:40 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Who and what are you referring to?

The U.S government which largely consists of older white males...though technically its not just the politicians in the government but rather those 1%ers who fill their pockets which also consists largely of old white males. It would seem they are causing a lot more problems then say the average black citizen, hispanic citizen or homeless person.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:48 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Wall Street bankers crashed the world economy? When did that happen? Bailouts are not illegal as far as I know. Have you been watching conspiracy theories on YouTube?

Nice try, but you're the one posting all the gold standard nonsense... :P

And yes, the Wall Street bankers did crash the world economy with their diravative funds, harebrained hedging schemes, and outright fraud. And concerning congress, malfeasance and bribe-taking IS illegal, and also what made the bailouts possible.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:53 pm

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 12:02 am

GoonSquad wrote:
^^^ I think you're the one who needs to get real... As a white woman (I'm making assumptions here), you cannot begin to know what life is like for a young, poor, urban black male--especially in a place like New York where they practice "stop and frisk." It's pretty hard to ignore the cops when they push your face into a wall and squeeze your ass every time you see one!

Hell, as an old white dude I don't pretend I know what it's like either, BUT I know my experience is VERY DIFFERENT.

The last time I got stopped by a cop I yelled at him because he was making me late for work. He actually ducked his head like a little kid who just received a scolding (because that's what he was--he could not have been more than 24). And, he apologized and let me go as soon as my driver's license checked out. One of my Hispanic neighbors would have never gotten away with that!

You have to take it city by city. When my white friend from Massachusetts visited and we got stopped by the cops he was shocked at how nice and friendly the cop was. I mean, really surprised. Then he went on to explain how the cops where he lived in Massachusetts would have treated us. A lot worse, according to him. So it's not the same all over. Some places have very hardened cops while others have ones who are a bit less jaded.

And why did we get stopped? Because the cops thought we were acting "weird." Trust me, man. We were not acting weird. We were something like twenty one years old at the time and just acting like young adults. Another time I got stopped just for driving too cautiously, no speeding or anything. Just driving too correctly. It made the cop suspicious. So you see, it is not just blacks who get hassled and people get hassled differently depending on where you live.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 1:25 am

Jesus, you people are making me want to use the word "privilege" in a non-ironic manner...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 1:31 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Humanaut wrote:

The U.S government which largely consists of older white males...though technically its not just the politicians in the government but rather those 1%ers who fill their pockets which also consists largely of old white males. It would seem they are causing a lot more problems then say the average black citizen, hispanic citizen or homeless person.

This is one reason I hope everyone will encourage women to run for public office.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 2:30 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Humanaut wrote:

This is one reason I hope everyone will encourage women to run for public office.

Well women can be just as bad as men...just need people who aren't power hungry control freaks, regardless of gender.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 2:36 am

As Jessie Jackson is reported to have said, "There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating."

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 2:42 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
...just need people who aren't power hungry control freaks, regardless of gender.

Power corrupts

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 2:52 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Humanaut wrote:

Well women can be just as bad as men...just need people who aren't power hungry control freaks, regardless of gender.

To be truly representative of the population roughly half of them should be women.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 3:04 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Humanaut wrote:

To be truly representative of the population roughly half of them should be women.

Gotta leave a section for people who aren't male or female, but not sure how much of the population they represent.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 3:08 am

Narrator wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
...just need people who aren't power hungry control freaks, regardless of gender.

Power corrupts

That it does...so, they only thing to do is make sure a small number of people do not have a disproportionate amount of power compared to the rest. Oh wait I think humanity has failed at that one, if power was more equally shared then just maybe that would work...but that's crazy hippie talk according to some people, maybe those people are actually crazy who knows....but regardless I will leave it here.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 4:53 am

Well then don't centralise power. Really, it's that simple. Small city-states should be the highest tier of government.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 12:54 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
...you cannot begin to know what life is like for a young, poor, urban black male--especially in a place like New York where they practice "stop and frisk." It's pretty hard to ignore the cops when they push your face into a wall and squeeze your ass every time you see one!

Hell, as an old white dude I don't pretend I know what it's like either, BUT I know my experience is VERY DIFFERENT.

Old white dudes are not known to cause much trouble compared to young black males.

that's funny, old white dudes seem to be the cause of most of our trouble in this country

see: Washington, D.C.

W O R D !

PS
you forgot wall street.

wh***y Bulger was an old white dude,plus the Mafia Dons.But they had wealth which gives white thugs a free pass.Hitler was for sure an old crazy ass white dude.When it comes to sheer mayhem,no one can surpass an evil old white devil.Oh yeah,Warren Jeffs,and let's not forget him,and those nice white guys in the sheets.Nothing makes you feel like a part of a community like a big blazing cross in the yard.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 1:22 pm

Misslizard wrote:
wh***y Bulger was an old white dude,plus the Mafia Dons.But they had wealth which gives white thugs a free pass.Hitler was for sure an old crazy ass white dude.When it comes to sheer mayhem,no one can surpass an evil old white devil.Oh yeah,Warren Jeffs,and let's not forget him,and those nice white guys in the sheets.Nothing makes you feel like a part of a community like a big blazing cross in the yard.

People aren't evil because they are white. If that was the case, then whites would account for far more than their share of serious crimes as a percentage of population, not less.

In terms of killing their own people, look at places like Rwanda where 800,000 were reportedly killed in less than four months. It wasn't white men behind that.

Don't forget the Congo Civil War. Exactly which side was white?

How about Idi Amin, the former President of Uganda? Was he white?

Pol Pot of Cambodia -- white?

And don't forget the terrible atrocities committed by the Japanese during World War II against the Chinese, the Koreans, and others. Were they white men?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Dec 2014, 1:33 pm

the point is you shouldn't profile