Just not discussed 44%  44%  [ 15 ]
Somewhat discouraged 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Violently discouraged 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 34

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 10:19 pm

Repugnicans seem a bit hypocritical, in being both anti-gay and anti-abortion. With strictly gay sex, abortion is moot.

The solution should be to promote gay sex as a healthier alternative to the heterosexual variety.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 10:20 pm

What does Marketing say?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Vulture
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Nov 2012, 10:56 pm

Promoted? I believe that you're off your meds if you think that we should institute some new program that tells people what they should sexually conform to. We're trying to get rid of that s**t now.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm

Guess what my vote was.
:twisted:

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:23 am

I thought the "homosexual agenda" was already being promoted so much that it's the greatest threat to the survival of the nation. Before you know it we're all going to be assigned same-sex spouses! Thanks a lot, Obama.

I hope my mandatory gay husband isn't fat.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:42 am

I voted "Somewhat" discouraged. Gender isn't fixed, we should promote the male-female ideal. If the person's gay, then they're gay, but for the vast majority of us, it is best for society to declare a bias, specifically the male-female bias. The way you frame reality to the next generation as one gender is as good as the other, the fluidity of orientation will then, in addition to our secularism, result in our decline as a civilization.

Let gays be gays, but the reconfirming bias should be there.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:49 am

I think the question itself is without use or solution. From my opinion you cannot "promote" homosexuality, becaue either you are homosexual or you aint. How do you think to promote homosexuality? Paying a naked male dancer going around through the offices during lunch break, and dancing on the working places of male workers, hoping that they "choose" from now on to be homosexual? XD

Sorry, but you cannot promote it, either you cannot denie it. Some people are homosexual, and its useless to promote/denie that fact, just accept them as they are. :)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:51 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Repugnicans seem a bit hypocritical, in being both anti-gay and anti-abortion. With strictly gay sex, abortion is moot.

The solution should be to promote gay sex as a healthier alternative to the heterosexual variety.

Healthy?

Is aids healthy?

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:53 am

Schneekugel wrote:
I think the question itself is without use or solution. From my opinion you cannot "promote" homosexuality, becaue either you are homosexual or you aint. How do you think to promote homosexuality? Paying a naked male dancer going around through the offices during lunch break, and dancing on the working places of male workers, hoping that they "choose" from now on to be homosexual? XD

Sorry, but you cannot promote it, either you cannot denie it. Some people are homosexual, and its useless to promote/denie that fact, just accept them as they are. :)

So sexuality is fixed? I don't think pre-Christian history supports that.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 5:17 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

you're gonna be whats you're gonna be. Straight or gay.
Shrinks cannot turn gays into straights.

So why do you think that the opposite would be anymore possible?

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 5:30 am

Since we have recordings, in all cultures a small percentage of people were homosexual. Some cultures didnt even record love between two women as homosexual, but did only count when happening betwenn to men. In ancient rome have been gay people and even laws regarding on homosexuality. (So as noble one, you were only allowed to be the active part, but forbidden to be the passive part and so on... ^^) The old greek even made philosophy out of it, and it is mentioned in the bible. If there had been no homosexuality there would have been no use to damn homosexuals in the bible. ^^ Even in nature you have got gay animals. And when Hitler arrested 1934 great parts of his SA Leaderships...guess where some of them were found... together. ^^ (I mention this specially because the Naziregime brought people into the KZ for homosexuality. Yet they had to face as every other sociality that noone becomes heterosexual, even if you punish him with death.) Also the old recordings of ancient China...yes they had homosexuals as well.

Thats why i dont understand why so many people are freaking out because of that topic. As far as we can say there has always been a small group of homosexuals in our society. And like everyother man and woman they were part of the history and evolution, leading to our nowadays society. Sure, we are not perfect, but if you take old ancient laws and history you can see that we enhance in sociality and behaviour since ever. So where is the problem?

The same goes for me with the topic of adoption for gay parents. Everybodys discussing if this children are not damnd to be getting mad or wrong or something. Since lesbians never needed a law to allow them to have children, so if there isnt a hidden camp somewhere, where all the mad children of lesbian women get hidden from our society, they seem to grow up as normal as other kids.

So I dont see the point why this topic is so special for many people. If you are homosexual your homosexual and its ok. And if you are heterosexual, then your heterosexual and its ok as well. So why should i need to promote one of them if both are fine?

And at the poster two posts above me. Oh please, if you believe, that homosexuality is linked with HIV in any way, then please, for your own sake and healthy, go to a doctor and let him explain that HIV is not republican in any way, meaning that it doesnt care for homo- or heterosexuality in any way. They only thing HIV cares about are condoms.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 5:46 am

naturalplastic wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

you're gonna be whats you're gonna be. Straight or gay.
Shrinks cannot turn gays into straights.

So why do you think that the opposite would be anymore possible?

Because most Gays are Gay, and a sizable portion of straights will always be straight. But most of us occupy that vast middle, and our sexual orientation may or may not be a little bit more straight, but what causes us to never even question it in the first place is growing up in a society where the male-female bias is perceived as the way the world normally is.

Most people who have sex in prison with the same sex are not gay. Most men who on long voyages off to sea and would then seek pleasure with other shipmates are not gay. Most men historically who have had sex with boys or boyish teen, prostitute or not, were not gay. And that's just men..., women are even more fluid in their sexuality, easily swinging back and forth between the genders if it is both permissible and desired by onlookers.

With regards to our sexuality, we are 100% nature. But, with the exception of most Gays, and a group of straights, we are also 100% nurture. People forget that the world we live in today is a product of the male-female bias... which is why it is so easy to assume that sexuality just is, and people don't have a choice in the matter.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 6:00 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Since we have recordings, in all cultures a small percentage of people were homosexual.

So I dont see the point why this topic is so special for many people. If you are homosexual your homosexual and its ok. And if you are heterosexual, then your heterosexual and its ok as well. So why should i need to promote one of them if both are fine?

Homosexuality is a human norm. We owe the western world today - as it is framed - to the bible.

That Homos have any icky feelings towards incest is evidence of the Bible's far-reaching bias. That even in 2012, gay folk have an issue with brother-sister love. Why... What is wrong with a brother and a sister sleeping with each other? If Love is the criteria, they have it, and they're not harming you, or so the impediment to moral reasoning goes.

DiscardedWhisper
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2012, 6:02 am

ArrantPariah wrote:

WTF are you on? If you're gay, then you're gay. If you're straight, then you're straight. Promotion and marketing have nothing to do with it. Trying to market the gay lifestyle to people who aren't gay is as dumb as trying to cure gay people of being gay. Only demoncrats would try to market gays as a commodity.

GOP shouldn't try to change people, just accept them and teach them of the wonderful bounty that comes from sound fiscal policy and limited govt.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 6:03 am

Ok so gays are gays, straight are straight and bis are bis. I still dont see the point of promoting any of it. As long as everyone is doing it with an grown up partner according to it by free will, i wish everyone as much fun, as they can have. ^^

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 6:16 am

I don't think it should be actively promoted as a lifestyle, but I definitely don't think it should be discouraged or stigmatised either. I think it should be left to free choice.