'Liberal' reaction to Trump/border crisis dismantled in 60 s

Page 1 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 5:06 pm

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 9:30 pm

People bring their children along with them not because they think the border patrol will go easy on them, but because they want their children to have a better life. They labor under the mistaken notion that Americans are still a kindhearted people, not knowing how this sadistic buffoon in the White House has already begun changing the national character for the worse.

glebel1
Raven
Raven

21 Jun 2018, 9:58 pm

The problem isn't Trump, the fault lies with the Big Government politicians who have created this morass due to their chickens&!t refusal to enact a cohesive, sensible immigration policy. This nonsense has been going on for far longer than Trump has been in politics. Be fair.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 10:17 pm

glebel1 wrote:
The problem isn't Trump, the fault lies with the Big Government politicians who have created this morass due to their chickens&!t refusal to enact a cohesive, sensible immigration policy. This nonsense has been going on for far longer than Trump has been in politics. Be fair.

This.

There's really nothing to be gleeful about, it's an embarrassment that both parties had their reasons for wringing productivity out of millions of people that didn't enjoy the same rights as we do. At the same time it also shows how difficult it is for people to weigh up more boring/pervasive effects on mass scale against a few shocking photographs.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 10:17 pm

glebel1 wrote:

Trump chose to make a show of his zero tolerance border policy at the expense of these children in a way that no one else has.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 1:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
glebel1 wrote:

Trump chose to make a show of his zero tolerance border policy at the expense of these children in a way that no one else has.

It's funny cause a lot of these pics of caged children being shown were actually from 2014. But I guess that back then it was "kindhearted".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 2:05 am

Peacesells wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
glebel1 wrote:

It's funny cause a lot of these pics of caged children being shown were actually from 2014. But I guess that back then it was "kindhearted".

In fact, plenty of Democrats had criticized Obama for that. But even back then, the population of caged children was nowhere near what it quickly became under Trump.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 2:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
glebel1 wrote:

In fact, plenty of Democrats had criticized Obama for that. But even back then, the population of caged children was nowhere near what it quickly became under Trump.

It's cause he stops much more immigrants. And anyway I remember no outrage back then, guess that it was ok after all? So hypocritical.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 2:44 am

I’m an immigration activist - we use the same forms and papers against Trump that we used against Obama.

Who do you think gave Obama the nickname “deporter in chief”? Immigration activists on the left who protested against Obama OR conservatives whining Obama didn’t “do more.” The answer to this is obvious and common sense.

So if you didn’t see it at all - the question you should be asking is why didn’t YOU personally care. What it shows is blind ignorance on YOUR part. On top of that, there are many that are reacting only because it’s Trump. But to act as though there was none? Is just being blind - as spoken by an immigration activist during Obama and continuing into Trump.

As an activist and as a hispanic immigrant - fighting Obama was bad, fighting Trump and his minions is terrifying since on top of everything he’s demonizing immigrants to his crazed masses. It was only after Trump that people started to ask if I was “legal” or “illegal” and a lot of other scary s**t that I don’t want to get into. He made everything more extreme.

‘Nuff said.

Last edited by Spooky_Mulder on 22 Jun 2018, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 3:02 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
I’m an immigration activist - we use the same forms and papers against Trump that we used against Obama.

Who do you think gave Obama the nickname “deporter in chief”? Immigration activists on the left who protested against Obama OR conservatives whining Obama didn’t “do more.” The answer to this is obvious and common sense.

So if you didn’t see it at all - the question you should be asking is why didn’t YOU personally care. What it shows is blind ignorance on YOUR part. On top of that, there are many that are reacting only because it’s Trump. But to act as though there was none? Is just being blind - as spoken by an immigration activist during Obama and continuing into Trump.

As an activist and as a hispanic immigrant - fighting Obama was bad, fighting Trump and his minions is terrifying since on top of everything he’s demonizing immigrants to his crazed masses. It was only after Trump that people started to ask if I was “legal” or “illegal.”

‘Nuff said.

Are you talking to me? I can't tell.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 3:04 am

Peacesells wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:

As an activist and as a hispanic immigrant - fighting Obama was bad, fighting Trump and his minions is terrifying since on top of everything he’s demonizing immigrants to his crazed masses. It was only after Trump that people started to ask if I was “legal” or “illegal.”

‘Nuff said.

If you truly believe the right wing lie that there was “no outrage” during Obama, then yes. I’m an immigration activist - I was there. The left protested against Obama, the right wanted him to do more against immigrants, centrists kept quiet.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 3:06 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:

‘Nuff said.

If you truly believe the right wing lie that there was “no outrage” during Obama, then yes. I’m an immigration activist - I was there. The left protested against Obama, the right wanted him to do more against immigrants, centrists kept quiet.

You are taking it personally when you shouldn't. I am not saying that you were not outraged, I say that there was no media outrage.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 3:08 am

I’m an immigrant which makes me - all of us of varying statuses (even those like me, here since soon after birth) - the target of Trump’s regime. Hard to not take that personally; plus, I’m sick of the right wing spin that there was “NO outrage” - the right is currently doing that as primarily a silencing tactic.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 3:10 am

Also "the left" was governing, lol. Stop behaving as if everyone knew about it and went apeshit unless they were centrists, while right wingers were all ok with children in cages.
One might think that you are trying to take advantage of it politically, when in actuality most people just didn't know and both parties didn0t give a f**k.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 3:12 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
I’m an immigrant which makes me - all of us of varying statuses (even those like me, here since soon after birth) - the target of Trump’s regime. Hard to not take that personally; plus, I’m sick of the right wing spin that there was “NO outrage” - the right is currently doing that as primarily a silencing tactic.

Yes, there was no outrage, the media didn't go apeshit like today. It's so preposterous of you to act as if it was the same, f**k it.
Also I doubt anyone from the government will kick you out if you have your papers in order.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 3:13 am

Peacesells wrote:
Also "the left" was governing, lol. Stop behaving as if everyone knew about it and went apeshit unless they were centrists, while right wingers were all ok with children in cages.
One might think that you are trying to take advantage of it politically, when in actuality most people just didn't know and both parties didn0t give a f**k.

Left - true left. Activist left.

I consider Obama and Democrats to be centrists. They left that activism wing a long time ago. The only time they pay attention to activists is when activists have built up a strong following that it can’t be easily ignored or when the GOP has the White House. Every other time we’re left out in the cold.

Right wingers love Trump since they wanted Obama to be more extreme.

Last edited by Spooky_Mulder on 22 Jun 2018, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.