Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 7:42 am

Cick here for the story

Quote:
The tipping guide from etiquette maven Emily Post on McDonald's website lists several high-ticket suggestions for givers during the holiday season, including "a gift from your family (or one week's pay), plus a small gift from your child" for an au pair, "one day's pay" for a housekeeper and "cost of one cleaning" for a pool cleaner.

The site also lists suggestions for dog walkers, massage therapists and personal fitness trainers.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 10:40 am

You know, McDonald's was reclassified as a manufacturing job... :roll:

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 10:50 am

At first I thought she was giving advice to people who WORKED as pool cleaners, dog walkers, ect.

But then.... 8O

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 11:03 am

So to any of you minimum wage McDonald's workers out there: don't be such tightwads and tip your housekeeper, pool boy, and personal fitness trainer.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 1:08 pm

Next month's advice column is all about what to do when your gourmet dinner party runs out of rolls. It's entitled "Let Them Eat Cake"...

Mamselle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2013, 1:33 pm

My father worked for McDonald's at the corporate level in the 60s and 70s. Ray Kroc, who used to be the CEO, sent out an employee newsletter each month with stuff like this in it. He was a renowned cheapskate. :lol: I remember he was always harping on his employees to make their poultry and meat purchases stretch by using them for soup and that kind of thing after the first meal.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 2:02 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
Next month's advice column is all about what to do when your gourmet dinner party runs out of rolls. It's entitled "Let Them Eat Cake"...

:lmao:

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 2:32 pm

It's one thing to pay employees dirt wages, it's just plain a**hole behavior to rub it in like that, especially when there is all kinds of public attention on how poorly they treat employees.

Yet, another reason to not eat there. Aside from the fact that it's not really food.

A friend of mine recently went to McD's, they had gotten his order wrong there, and the girl got completely defiant about the problem. Didn't even apologize, she said "no, you're wrong!". McDonalds is getting the kind of employee they are paying for.
The real problem with treating employees poorly, is that it transfers to treating customers poorly.

Diagnosed in 2005

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 2:47 pm

pete1061 wrote:
The real problem with treating employees poorly, is that it transfers to treating customers poorly.

^^^ and this is an economic consequence that does not seem to register at the corporate level. All they can see is the immediate cut in next quarter's profits, and not the long term damage they are doing to the company (let alone those who do the bulk of the work).

My personal message to McDonald's: If you pay someone crap, and treat them like manure, don't be surprised when they act like sh*t.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 7:40 pm

I read also that McDonald's have a so called 'adviceline' for employees struggling with poverty related issues.

Its all weak and patronising lip service that dances around the elephant in the room that McDonalds workers need higher salaries.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olUsgn-Ubh0[/youtube]

My deviant art profile