Why do you think republicans are flat-out bad?

Page 1 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jet102fm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jun 2011, 1:33 pm

I am an independent who tends to lean more towards the republican side. I don't usually watch the news, but I see that Michelle Bachmann officially made her campaign kickoff yesterday. She seems like a very promising candidate for the GOP. Why do people think so wrongly of conservatives and republicans? I know there are many different types of conservatives. It seems to me the opponents think organizations like Fox News, people like Sarah Palin, George W. Bush, Michelle Bachmann, Mike Huckabee, etc. are either ignorant, unethical or just plain bad. Not only their policies, but the same goes for them as a person. But why?

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

It is called fashion.

Think media, think celebrities.

Think sheep and Judas goats.

Think of reading books on hoe to do a wedding.

Then realize you have to have an enemy, you have to have the guy you leave a bottle mouthwash on his desk.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 2:25 pm

I think republicans are bad because they are politicians.

I think Bachmann is a poor candidate for any office because she is clearly insane.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

Philologos wrote:
It is called fashion.

Think media, think celebrities.

Think sheep and Judas goats.

Think of reading books on hoe to do a wedding.

Then realize you have to have an enemy, you have to have the guy you leave a bottle mouthwash on his desk.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

Michele Bachmann is an idiot concerning basic scientific facts (not the only subject she is an idiot on, by the way). She has said more than once that she favors teaching "intelligent design" in science classrooms, where it does NOT belong because there is absolutely NO science at all to it. In ID's current form, it is nothing more than a thinly-veiled repackaging of so-called Scientific Creationism, which again is NOT scientific (in fact, all the scientific evidence so far found falsifies it and NONE supports it).

If Bachmann is elected President, she could help sabotage the science education of American schoolchildren, which besides making them dumber would also make our country less competitive in the global market, harming America. With all the various crises of climate, world hunger and disease, we (humanity, not just Americans) need more scientists, not fewer or stupider ones, so she is also potentially harmful to humanity and the planet.

About Republicans in general, there are some things I like. I agree with their stand on the Second Amendment right of citizens to bear arms. The idea of less government micromanaging our lives is a good one too, but Republicans don't do that in spite of claiming they do. What's happened is the fiscal conservatives have been hijacked by the social conservatives, and the Republican Party is much further to the right than the Democrats are to the left. I tend to take the middle centrist position, slightly to the left of center. The more power Republicans get though, the further I shift to the left.

So Republicans try to legislate morality and regulate people''s personal lives, which to me goes against their claim of representing individual rights and freedom. The BIGGEST problem I have with Republicans though is that they favor the rich at the expense of the poor and the environment. They give tax breaks to the rich so the rich aren't even paying as much (relatively speaking) as the poor. So in general, the reasons I don't like Republicans are that they are the party of selfish greedy bastards and religious nuts.

Last edited by TheBicyclingGuitarist on 28 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

Of course, that is ALSO why we know Democrats are America-hating blinkered blinking idiots.

It's just that Republicans and Democrats take of different fashion designers.

Every so often the pendulum switches and the Innerlectuals become Republican and the Rednecks go Democrat. After all, you have to change The Look every season or people will just dress to be comfortable.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

I think republicans are bad because they're hypocrites. The majority of the ideas that they're screaming about now under Obama actually started out as Republican ideas: personal mandate health insurance, the DREAM act, cutting subsidies for oil companies, etc. etc. etc. They are now threatening to wreck the natiional, and possibly global, economy in order to destroy programs that the vast majority of the American people support. They have gone beyond ideology into evil.

As for Bachman...! She's just as stupid as Palin, and f*****g insane to boot.

The only current Repub. candidates for president that aren't insane (Bachman), stupid (Pawlenty, Bachman, Palin (?), etc) or evil (Gingrich), are Romney and Huntsman. The former swings whichever way he thinks will get him elected, and the latter is too polite and not insane enough for the Tea Party Repubs. Neither can get the batshit crazy branch of the Repub. primary voters to give them the nomination.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

LKL wrote:
I think republicans are bad because they're hypocrites. The majority of the ideas that they're screaming about now under Obama actually started out as Republican ideas: personal mandate health insurance, the DREAM act, cutting subsidies for oil companies, etc. etc. etc. They are now threatening to wreck the natiional, and possibly global, economy in order to destroy programs that the vast majority of the American people support. They have gone beyond ideology into evil.

As for Bachman...! She's just as stupid as Palin, and f***ing insane to boot.

Agreed

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

all politicians have their differences-the problem with republicans is they try to mix religion with politics too much-and hide their predjudices against those they do not consider "normal" -democrats do tend to spend a bit much with programs but the republicans want to make sure if the money is spent it goe to their big business buddies and call it stimulating the economy by letting big business keep more money so they can create jobs but they don't seem to do that-they keep the money and get rid of jobs to cut expenses so they can have more money-all politcians talk a good game no matter what party they belong to-let me do what I want-let me love who I want-stay out of private peoples bedrooms-keep your guns-dont steal don't lie dont cheat don't kill and be happy-there are bigger things to take care of like national security and the economy than to worry about two guys or two girls loving each other and how you really don't like it personally but hiding behind a bible verse for your justification of not liking it-thats an example of republican thinking.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:08 pm

LKL wrote:

The only current Repub. candidates for president that aren't insane (Bachman), stupid (Pawlenty, Bachman, Palin (?), etc) or evil (Gingrich), are Romney and Huntsman. The former swings whichever way he thinks will get him elected, and the latter is too polite and not insane enough for the Tea Party Repubs. Neither can get the batshit crazy branch of the Repub. primary voters to give them the nomination.

LKL throws in with the mormons hehe

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:10 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
LKL wrote:

LKL throws in with the mormons hehe

Ironically, I think they're the ones least likely to try to force their religion down the nation's throat.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

Only rich Republicans are bad.
Poor Republicans are merely stupid, as they are voting for a party that caters to the wealthy.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Jun 2011, 3:23 pm

Republicans and Democrats are both bad.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:25 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

I think Bachmann is a poor candidate for any office because she is clearly insane.

And democrats are not politicians? Please, please strive to be minimally rational and consistent.

ruveyn

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:56 pm

Republicans are hated for the same reason that Nancy Pelosi and whatshisname from Nevada, and Obama himself are hated. Half the country is one party, and half is the other.
Next question.

Unless you're suggesting that one side is hated more than the other I dont see the point of the question.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 4:02 pm

ruveyn wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

And democrats are not politicians? Please, please strive to be minimally rational and consistent.

ruveyn

Democrats are also politicians, and also despicable.

As long as we are painting with a broad brush, all major political parties are flat-out bad.

I think Bob Bennet, a republican, is personally a good and rational man. And by contrast, Orrin Hatch - a republican from the same state - is a corrupt, power-drunk douchenozzle.

There are a few democrats who are good people too.

In any political discussion where we're using a "they" and referring to a whole party, the party as a whole is a net negative. At least at the federal level, and usually at the state level too.